Which NPC voices do you dislike the most?

AdharaKyleth

Here are mine. (So far)

•Skavak (But you are supposed to want to punch him)

• Feylara: I won't even get started on how much I hate her voice.

Esseles flashpoint guy: You know the captain? Yeah... His voice reminds me of Carth, and I loved telling him off.

Various Jedi consul members

Jaesa: Especially dark. She is one creepy lady.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPCs we hate or love to hate? ;)

I honestly don't hate any of them. It's much easier to think of ones I really like.

Now, if we're talking bad lines of dialog, there are some real whoppers out there, like "My guns itch" from Akaavi.

How about, "Wait, there was a senseless slaughter and I wasn't invited?"

Or the very expressive, "What did you... what?!" and "Yaaaaawn..." (not an actual yawn)

Edited by Xina_LA

When it comes to NPCs - Since 5.0,I do not like the unlabeled, unmarked, unnecessary NPC spammed on the fleet and elsewhere.

When it comes to companions I would like a mute option and hide onboard ship option (unless needed for story mission purposes obviously).

Edited by jimmorrisson

Treek. I had to stop using her on all my toons because I could not stand her constant jabbering. I didn't care that she was a superior healing companion back in the day. The joke about a violent Ewok was not funny enough to make the incessant babble tolerable. Edited by AscendingSky

Vaylin. By a LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE margin. I literally can't even listen to her lines. I listened to them first playthrough and since then I basically strategically spacebar everytime she has a line when I play KOTFE/ET xD I absolutely hate her character as a whole too. Always coming out with these overblown displays of how big and scary she is and it always comes off as ridiculously stupid. The voice is the worst part tho.

Vaylin's screeching is just bizarre. Spacebar.

Arcann's voice doesn't match his looks, he sounds much older and talks too slowly. Spacebar.

Valkorion takes forever to deliver his lines, even longer than Arcann. Trying to put too much gravitas into ******** lines. Spacebar.

I'm glad someone mentioned Qyzen. The strange noise hurts my ears like sc****** teeth. Really, I spacebar through any alien speech. It's either garbled noise or the same 3 lines over and over.

I don't like Xalek for some reason. The sound of the voice is fine, I think it's just the way he pronounces things.

Ensign Temple needs to remove the clothespin from her nose.

Jaesa sounds like she's had her wisdom teeth removed and can't get her mouth to move correctly. It's a struggle.

lol wow lots of voices I hate, but there are lots that I love, too. Maybe another thread?

Vaylin's screeching is just bizarre. Spacebar.

Arcann's voice doesn't match his looks, he sounds much older and talks too slowly. Spacebar.

Valkorion takes forever to deliver his lines, even longer than Arcann. Trying to put too much gravitas into ******** lines. Spacebar.

I'm glad someone mentioned Qyzen. The strange noise hurts my ears like sc****** teeth. Really, I spacebar through any alien speech. It's either garbled noise or the same 3 lines over and over.

I don't like Xalek for some reason. The sound of the voice is fine, I think it's just the way he pronounces things.

Ensign Temple needs to remove the clothespin from her nose.

Jaesa sounds like she's had her wisdom teeth removed and can't get her mouth to move correctly. It's a struggle.

lol wow lots of voices I hate, but there are lots that I love, too. Maybe another thread?

Lol I sooooooo agree with you on every point except Arcann, I actually enjoyed his voice, and Xalek, he does pronounce some things weird but I strangely like that too xD Alien voices annoy the crap out of me I never listen to them. They're always all the same species by species so who cares? And Temple? I never even considered her xD That accent with her voice pitch/tone etc. is just awful.

For me "best" is no contest, top three in order (and they are very close):

Female Warrior

Darth Marr

Male Warrior

those three are far above the rest for me.

Female agent is good too. Male Smuggler works well for me too.

Edited by stoopicus

Ugnaughts -- the pig looking people

Gran -- the 3-eyed giraffe looking people

Ithorians -- like Choza Raabat

Sand People -- all that donkey braying

Qyzen Fess -- all that mumbled grumbling

Ashara -- like fingernails on a chalkboard to me

Doc. (edit: i meant Theran Cedrax) "Help! Jedi! I'm bleeeding!" I was so glad when I no longer had to rely on him for heals.

The female jedi from the Lost Journals heroic on Taris sounds like a snooty librarian from the 20's.

Valyn breaks immersion for me. She sounds like she belongs in Dragon Age. Actually the only new voice I liked from Kotet/Kotfe was Senya. Arcann's voice will forever be Three Dog in my ear unfortunately and Valkorian's lines were what I disliked about him...his dialogue should have been short. As long as they were he sounded like a hypnotherapist putting me to sleep.

Best voices - most of them are very good. Vik Tanno, Skadge, Male Trooper, Hylo Viz, Amille (Twilek from the Taris heroics--I could listen to her for days), Vaz Traniff from the Smuggler class story, Aric Jorgan reminds me of my favorite platoon sergeant from the army, and Kaliyo all deserve special mention.

Edited by MingusPho