So star power is a thing in games now?

ZionHalcyon

I wish they added Sexy Trinity Carrie Anne Moss to cyberpunk . Not much into Keenus Reeves cult...

But yeah lol

Considering how much they don't care...thats surprising actually lol

Maybe elvis would've been a better choice huh ? Oh wait...he is long dead..then again..if you bring Baldies Malgus...why not the king ? :p

I mean, Cyberpunk is getting Keanu Reeves.

And SWTOR Onslaught gets....Nickleback. :(

Look at this Photograph....

You're late to that party. Sorry.

Oh, and Star Power as a draw in video games is a *lot* older than SWTOR 6.0. Consider 1994's Under a Killing Moon, which had a big pile of live-action video sequences starring Margot Kidder aka Lois Lane from the early Superman films.

:D

Funny how that works. In the 60's and 70's and even into the 80's, bands of any music genre weren't 'cool' if you starred in a commercial, now it's commonplace because it helps to promote who they are. Star power is here to stay and it's only going to increase. See social media where Joe Blow becomes famous over night.

Oh, and Star Power as a draw in video games is a *lot* older than SWTOR 6.0. Consider 1994's Under a Killing Moon, which had a big pile of live-action video sequences starring Margot Kidder aka Lois Lane from the early Superman films.

Wing Commander III had John Rhys-Davies, Malcolm McDowell and *********** Mark Hamill! Keanu who?

You're late to that party. Sorry.

Late to the party? Pfft… Hardly.

See, its sooo old, I was able to bring it back again as RETRO. :rak_03:

I mean, Cyberpunk is getting Keanu Reeves.

And SWTOR Onslaught gets....Nickleback. :(

Only in the English-version of the game, though.

We Europeans usually don't even learn from the Credits who is speaking whom in SWTOR. You are so lucky you know the names !

And "star power" ? We have never had that. The best we had were people known to do overdubs for English-speaking actors. But that sounds quite cool sometimes.

This thread looks like a "luxury problem" to me.

I don't know how's the situation for French players.

Steve Blum and Catherine Taber voice major characters in two Dave Filoni Star Wars animated series, and they play large roles in this game too.

I actually have an autographed photo from Mr. Blum where I had him sign “From Andronikos to Zeb.”

So star power is a thing in games now?

Yes.

Here are the sound tracks I'd like in the game:

Springsteen's "Born on CZ-198"

AC/DC's "Smuggler Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"

Barry Manilow's "I made a plague to make the whole world sick"

The BeeGee's "Staying Alive" in PVP world instances

Rob Zombie's "Dragula" during Rak week

Mozart's "Requiem in D minor" when on Ziost

Pink's "Get This Party Started" from one of the juke boxes

Edited by xordevoreaux

Yes.

Here are the sound tracks I'd like in the game:

Springsteen's "Born on CZ-198"

AC/DC's "Smuggler Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"

Barry Manilow's "I made a plague to make the whole world sick"

The BeeGee's "Staying Alive" in PVP world instances

Rob Zombie's "Dragula" during Rak week

Mozart's "Requiem in D minor" when on Ziost

Pink's "Get This Party Started" from one of the juke boxes

Add Faith No More's "Woodpecker from Mars" for the PvP zones :p

Steve Blum has been everyone from Sub-Zero in MK to Spike in Cowboy Bebop to Mugen in Samurai Champloo. He's been Wolverine, Kang the Conqueror, Sauron (of LOTR), Orochimaru in Naruto, Starscream, and many, many other characters. I would argue from a geek-pop-culture standpoint he is far more "star power" than Keanu Reeves. If you tell me you cast Reeves I know we're getting his bland, expressionless monotone and they're probably going to model his character after him, destroying story immersion when he pops up. If you tell me you cast Blum I know we're getting a seasoned veteran who knows how to perform in a recording studio and who doesn't care if his character is a robot or a monkey or a dinosaur or whatever.