Why so whiney?

Letallis

Post after post of people that want to complain about SWTOR. For whatever reason.... why can't anyone realize this game is in it's infancy stages still. WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues, but people still want to compare.

To me this game rocks. It may have it's problems but what new software doesn't? The subtle nuances in the cut out scenes, the story lines. To me it's all pretty great. Sure there maybe issues, but like I said. This game is comparatively new in the MMO world.

You're not going to get 100% of what you want 100% of the time. You can't get it in real life and you're sure not going to get it here. Relax and enjoy this game for what it is. A chance to be a part of a awesome story. That fact that I get to walk around on my Sith Warrior like Lord Vader makes waiting on bug fixes and growing pains of the software very palatable.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at anyone making complaints but more about realizing we do have a great game. To me it's better than sitting around with 20 sided die trying to figure out if I got a saving roll or not. (no offense to table top gamers). This is great fun and great entertainment. Just relax and enjoy the ride. They'll get this stuff lined out sooner or later.

Good luck, and have fun!!!!!:wea_08::wea_08:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the whole point of MMO message boards is for people to complain about the game they are playing.

At least that's the point of the general discussion form. On other forms like class, newbie help, questions, ect... you might find stuff worth reading.

But every MMO I've played including CoH, WoW, LotRO, CO, SWTOR, ect... the general discussion forms are pretty much nothing more then a place for people to whine about what they don't like in the game.

I think the forums are worse than any problems with the game. My server has it's own dedicated forum site, but unfortunately I have to look around in here for news.

A lot of people just seem to think that because they paid $15, all of a sudden their opinions are no longer childish and irrelevant. The best remedy is to spend as little time as possible on here, and just let the idiots fight with themselves.

From my personal observations with real life compulsive whiners (yes yes! they do exist!), here're the main reasons for whining:

-They're seeking attention

-It makes them feel important

-They're looking for approval

-It's a "family tradition": since their childhood they saw their parents and siblings whining all the time

-It's a stress relief technique

-Sometimes it actually leads to results (ex.: refund)

The more you watch the compulsive whiners doing their thing, the more you get that they don't realize they whine that much. It's like some kind of disease with no easy cure.

I don't mind someone who whines if she/he brings or tries to bring realistic solutions, which seems to be pretty rare.

I agree with you 100% OP. There is just so much QQ'ing going on it's unbelievable. Everyone wants instant gratification and if they don't get it, you sure are going to hear about it...and hear about it...and hear about it. I am glad that 400K people didn't return, just that much less QQ'ers. Now only if the rest would leave, I could enjoy the game in peace.

I agree with you 100% OP. There is just so much QQ'ing going on it's unbelievable. Everyone wants instant gratification and if they don't get it, you sure are going to hear about it...and hear about it...and hear about it. I am glad that 400K people didn't return, just that much less QQ'ers. Now only if the rest would leave, I could enjoy the game in peace.

This.

The lifecycle of the standard MMO fanboi/girl in 8 easy steps.

1) Spend years on message boards telling everyong how The Game is the greatest game of all time.

2) Upon release of The Game, play obsessively for hundreds of hours.

3) Realize that The Game is just another game.

4) Complain that The Game is crap, terrible, horrible, yadda yadda and if only they had listened to you, it would be better than sliced bread.

5) Complain that The Game Publisher personally lied and cheated you.

6) Quit. Repeat steps 4-6 till your time runs out.

7) Find out about The New Game.

8) Go to step 1, substitute The New Game for The Game.

Its just human nature, people get bored fast and start to wait next big thing like Elder Scroll Online.

It's using the Hero engine, so I doubt they will be any more satisfied with that game. If they think this game looks dated at release I hate to think what they'll say about TESO

1) Spend years on message boards telling everyong how The Game is the greatest game of all time.

4) Complain that The Game is crap, terrible, horrible, yadda yadda and if only they had listened to you, it would be better than sliced bread.

I lol'd.

I think too many people thought "oh, a WoW clone, played it like WoW (zipping through content) and then realised they skipped past the story right to the end.

Oh, and in before the "We appreciate the community can be frustrating at times" post and lock.

lolololololol :rak_03:

QFT. This does sum up everything with an MMO lifecycle.

I posted a thread in general saying pretty much the same as the OP (i totally agree btw) and it got shot down by the moderators. Seems they want general to become even more of a wretched hive of scum and villainy. At least we have some respite here. I for one will reserve my judgement until December 2012 when I'm sure they game will look very different to the one launched last December. I'm loving it either way

Post after post of people that want to complain about SWTOR. For whatever reason.... why can't anyone realize this game is in it's infancy stages still. WoW has years of working out bugs and fixing issues, but people still want to compare.

To me this game rocks. It may have it's problems but what new software doesn't? The subtle nuances in the cut out scenes, the story lines. To me it's all pretty great. Sure there maybe issues, but like I said. This game is comparatively new in the MMO world.

You're not going to get 100% of what you want 100% of the time. You can't get it in real life and you're sure not going to get it here. Relax and enjoy this game for what it is. A chance to be a part of a awesome story. That fact that I get to walk around on my Sith Warrior like Lord Vader makes waiting on bug fixes and growing pains of the software very palatable.

This wasn't meant to be a shot at anyone making complaints but more about realizing we do have a great game. To me it's better than sitting around with 20 sided die trying to figure out if I got a saving roll or not. (no offense to table top gamers). This is great fun and great entertainment. Just relax and enjoy the ride. They'll get this stuff lined out sooner or later.

Good luck, and have fun!!!!!:wea_08::wea_08:

I guess I am the 1% of forum goers who understands that BW is new to MMO's and TOR is still in it's first year and has been handled pretty well considering other MMO's and how buggy they are after X years still.

No idea why everyone is such a Ep IV crybaby Luke......Bioware is NEW to MMO's and so far.....great job compared to other things. Anyone else from SWG? Remember that launch? Remember how STO (Star Trek Online) after 2 years still has really bad bugs, some of which are form closed Beta? Play WoW ? Still bad bugs in that from what I hear.

People need to lay off a bit, or at lest make constructive posts....remember we are in year 1 still.

Edited by Eillack

A thread about a group of people who whined about people who love to whine ? facepalm* .... Shud up and do Warzone , Empire needs more men out there.

This isn't whining, it's a reality check. People need to lighten up and let BW do its thing. This game is a blast.

Good to see you were able to contribute....