Darth Vader is garbage

Rickyrick

I'm sorry but it's cannon, you can't say that Vader isn't as powerful as so and so when George Lucas specifically said he and his decendants are the most powerful force users ever. .

He never said Vader was the most powerful Force User.

He could have been, but he wasn't.

Luke was. Because Luke is weird like that.

Don't forget Darth Maul beat Vader with ease and Vader only one because he used an attack that damaged himself as much as Maul.

Have you seen phantom menace? Vader (aka Anakin Skywalker) wasn't even a padawan when Maul died.

I believe in free speech. It's quite possibly the single most important freedom in the world. I believe that people should be able to say what they think. I will fight for anyone's right to say things I don't agree with. It's a cornerstone of my belief structure.

Then someone says, "Vader is garbage."

And I question my belief structure.

Disclaimer: The preceding statement was a joke intended to express just how powerfully I disagree with the OP. :)

Edited by Vecke

I believe in free speech. It's quite possibly the single most important freedom in the world. I believe that people should be able to say what they think. I will fight for anyone's right to say things I don't agree with. It's a cornerstone of my belief structure.

Then someone says, "Vader is garbage."

And I question my belief structure.

Disclaimer: The preceding statement was a joke intended to express just how powerfully I disagree with the OP. :)

Definately caused a rofl in my case.

Vader was portrayed as a ***** in 4-5-6 mainly because he was holding back against his son... You really think Vader wanted to kill Luke? No... he was tainted because of Padme's death, and was only truely broken when Sidious lied about the death of his children. Take a man's wife away; he is broken. Take a man's kids away; he is dead.

If Luke were anyone other than Vader's son, the outcome would have been entirely different.

If Luke were anyone other than Vader's son, the outcome would have been entirely different.

Exactly. I believe that Vader had figured out that Luke SKYWALKER was his son LONG before the opening of ESB (especially since the Emperor didn't say "I have not doubt he is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker" until the 2003 DVD Release), thus why he was so determined to find Skywalker on Hoth, and not really all that concerned about finally cornering and eliminating the Rebel Forces. Even if he did desire to recruit such a strong Force-user as his apprentice to overthrow the Emperor (as is the traditional Sith method of succession), he wouldn't have mentioned his attempts to turn him to the Dark Side to the Emperor, but would have tried to turn him secretly... though assuming TFU as canon, Vader has already tried this method and failed (rather recently) so he probably wouldn't try ever again, or at least not for several years later.