Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Onslaught, The Class Titles and Instant Level 60/70 Characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Onslaught, The Class Titles and Instant Level 60/70 Characters

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.07.2019 , 05:33 AM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I would really appreciate it if people actually read the OP and didn't immediately assume I'm lazily asking to be handed things for free, because that is very much not the case.
If you want to remain spoiler free for the story of Onslaught, please don't read beyond this line.

Something that I was always mildly bothered by, was the fact that when you create a toon from an instant level 60/70 token, you never get the chance or opportunity to get the class titles like Lord, Darth, Battlemaster, Master and so on. Especially when you have previously finished the class stories on different toons, it would be nice if you were granted those class titles on level 60/70 toons as well, because you already earned them in the past. Naturally, players who have never finished the class stories at least once, rightfully shouldn't get the class titles from an instant 60/70 token, as you have to earn them at least once for it to be fair.

But Onslaught offers a unique opportunity, as after the Corellia Flashpoint you are given the choice to rejoin your original faction and have all your old titles and positions restored. This, I'd wager, would be a perfect opportunity for instant level 60/70 characters to be given the class titles like Darth, Lord, Master etc. if the player has previously completed the class stories at least once. Because storywise it would make a lot of sense, since you're literally being made a Darth, Master, Lord etc again. It would help, in my opinion, making the level 60/70 toons feel more complete, as I personally miss having the class titles on those toons. On top of that, this way you still have to put in a bit of work into getting the titles, as you have to complete all the story content before you get to the point that you're given the choice to return to your original faction.

So what do people think, would this be a desirable thing? Do other people also wish they had the class titles on their instant level 60/70 toons? Or do people think that those type of toons shouldn't get the class titles, because they have to be earned by going through the story from start to end, even if a player already had finished the class stories at least once before? I'd love to know what people think and maybe this will inspire the devs to make this still a part of Onslaught in the near future!
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.07.2019 , 06:13 AM | #2
Naturally, I realise that there are more important things to work on in and around Onslaught, seeing as gearing and crafting really is messed up and is in need of dire attention. But since Onslaught is still fresh, adding the opportunity to gain the class titles on instant 60/70 toons or characters who skipped class story after choosing to rejoin your original faction after the Corellia expansion could still be added to the expansion in retrospect.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
11.07.2019 , 06:48 AM | #3
The original class stories are the best content in the game - if you want the titles from those stories, play them.

They could make them semi-legacy tied, as in if someone has the achievements for completing the base class at least once, they gain access to the base class titles on future characters of that class.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.07.2019 , 07:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
The original class stories are the best content in the game - if you want the titles from those stories, play them.

They could make them semi-legacy tied, as in if someone has the achievements for completing the base class at least once, they gain access to the base class titles on future characters of that class.
That is what I am talking about :P Don't misunderstand me, as I say in the OP, I don't want instant 60/70 token characters to get access to the class titles if they haven't completed them at least once before. And as you say, such a system could easily check if you have the achievements for it and based on it, grant the titles at the end of Onslaught.

And I know the class stories are the best content in game, I have been playing them over and over again since 2012. Which is why, as you surely can imagine, it would be nice to still have those titles on instant 60/70 characters but without having to replay the entire class story for the upteenth time :P it's more a quality of life thing, because think about it: instant 60/70 characters have no way to earn those titles anyway. You can get nice titles by replaying KotFE and KotET, but you don't have the opportunity to replay the class stories on such a toon. That's why it would be nice to have an alternative way for instant 60/70 toons to still earn those class titles, especially if the player has already earned them at least once before.

And as said before, the plot of Onslaught, especially the ending, makes a lot of sense to be such an opportunity to earn the titles back, because when you rejoin, you are made a Darth, Master, Lord etc. again. Storywise it just makes a lot of sense, in my opinion.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.07.2019 , 10:57 AM | #5
To reiterate, the possibility of earning the titles on instant level 60/70 toons by completing Onslaught, should only be available to players who have the achievements that you get when you complete the class stories. Instant 60/70 characters should have no access to the class titles, if they haven't completed them at least once. This idea would only serve as a sort of quality of life improvement, so that instant 60/70 toons can still get the opportunity to earn the class titles, as replaying the class story is completely unavailable to them and as such, there is no other way to still earn those titles. And I think it would be fair, that if you have completed the class stories in the past, that you can earn those titles on instant 60/70 characters. Because I can understand that, going through a class story for the upteenth time can be sometimes tedious, even though I consider the class stories to be the best story content in the game.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
11.07.2019 , 02:36 PM | #6
+1
Agree with Yil. Attach class titles to legacy.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(÷,,,,÷)(\/) ¶̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.07.2019 , 06:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
+1
Agree with Yil. Attach class titles to legacy.
An option to "buy" the titles from the Legacy Perks screen with the condition that you have to have the achievement unlocked for finishing the class story that you want the titles for, is something I have raised in the past as well. But, as said, now with Onslaught there is a huge opportunity story wise to give instant level 60/70 toons or characters who skipped class story to still earn those titles.

But I agree, having the class titles be Legacy bound or at least, involve legacy in the sense that you have had to have completed the class stories at least once, would be a really great QoL improvement for instant level 60/70 toons.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Gelious's Avatar


Gelious
11.07.2019 , 06:58 PM | #8
Strongly disagree.

If you want the titles, work for them, regardless of character.

If you care about story. finish your class story before doing anything else.

Instant Level 60/70 Characters should only be used if you want to get an alt to endgame content (raids, MM FP) faster and dont care about story progression. Then you shoudn't need titles either.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.07.2019 , 07:06 PM | #9
Like most topic of this nature, you will always have the ''Plz let me have this'' vs the ''NOO! BIG NO!'

I think a middle ground between the 2 sides, would be to find something that doesnt offend either side.

How about a Legacy Unlock but ONLY IF YOU DID IT on a previous toon ?

Like say : You played the JK and want the Title Battlemaster thing? But you wanna make an insta 70 and it doesnt give you the title ?

I agree that, you shouldn't get thing that easely, since it reward lazyness . I personally havent used those Token lol I keep making new Alt and do the whole thing , then get burned out..I stop....then come back and do more.

But I do understand that...it can be exhausting, and some just dont feel having to go trough the whole thing all over again .

So with that said , they could put some stuff in like say '' have a Legacy of x lvl ? then you can have the unlock, and the unlock would only work for that character you want the Title for, and only if you have played or have a Toon thats level 70 '' ?

I know it may sound ridiculous or steep...but if anyone has a better idea, plz let me know .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldnít know a momentís peace!

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 04:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Strongly disagree.

If you want the titles, work for them, regardless of character.

If you care about story. finish your class story before doing anything else.

Instant Level 60/70 Characters should only be used if you want to get an alt to endgame content (raids, MM FP) faster and dont care about story progression. Then you shoudn't need titles either.
I disagree, your view on those type of toons is incorrectly narrow. There are a lot of RP'ers who use these instant 60/70 tokens to make alts for their characters in different circumstances, for example a Sith Lord who wields a single blade lightsaber (Sith Sorc) and a double-bladed one (Sith Assassin). They're meant to be the same character and thus RP'ers would want them to appear as such in the RP scene. Having a way to earn the class titles on instant level 60/70 toons would be a really neat QoL improvement for those type of players, who use alts in their RP for various reasons.

Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
Like most topic of this nature, you will always have the ''Plz let me have this'' vs the ''NOO! BIG NO!'

I think a middle ground between the 2 sides, would be to find something that doesnt offend either side.

How about a Legacy Unlock but ONLY IF YOU DID IT on a previous toon ?

Like say : You played the JK and want the Title Battlemaster thing? But you wanna make an insta 70 and it doesnt give you the title ?

I agree that, you shouldn't get thing that easely, since it reward lazyness . I personally havent used those Token lol I keep making new Alt and do the whole thing , then get burned out..I stop....then come back and do more.

But I do understand that...it can be exhausting, and some just dont feel having to go trough the whole thing all over again .

So with that said , they could put some stuff in like say '' have a Legacy of x lvl ? then you can have the unlock, and the unlock would only work for that character you want the Title for, and only if you have played or have a Toon thats level 70 '' ?

I know it may sound ridiculous or steep...but if anyone has a better idea, plz let me know .
I have a strong feeling that people see the title and respond without reading the OP, because the legacy-based approach is exactly what I am referring to. I would really appreciate it if people actually read the OP and didn't immediately assume I'm lazily asking to be handed things for free, because that is very much not the case.

The thing is, there is literally no negative effect on anyone here. If you want to be able to unlock the class titles on instant level 60/70 toons, you have to have completed the class story at least once, so this forces you to go do the class stories anyway. No one is being given something for free, because in this approach, players who haven't completed the class story for the title they want, won't be able to obtain it any easy way. No one is being affected negatively in this situation, it only creates a QoL improvement for veteran/seasoned players who have earned the class titles at least once and probably many times in the past already.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!