Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I play swtor on two computers with the same account simultaneously?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can I play swtor on two computers with the same account simultaneously?

TheAllmyn
11.08.2019 , 02:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Ah okay, that I can understand, though. But other than that, I don't understand why you'd want to do it, other than to cheat or gain an unfair advantage over others.
I just wanted to duel my toons agenst eachother and just mess around. Not involving other players. Just kicking my own ***. xD

DMCC
11.08.2019 , 03:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Ah okay, that I can understand, though. But other than that, I don't understand why you'd want to do it, other than to cheat or gain an unfair advantage over others.
I do it for story/RP reasons; for example I have an Agent/Sorc team or a Guardian/Sage team that I play through with at the same time. Lots of headphone switching for story missions

On one PC I use the keyboard, the other PC on a gaming mouse so I have 12+ buttons. Can't really see any strategic (or cheating) possibilities to it though, I'm not skilled enough

Darev
11.08.2019 , 03:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DMCC View Post
I do it for story/RP reasons; for example I have an Agent/Sorc team or a Guardian/Sage team that I play through with at the same time. Lots of headphone switching for story missions

On one PC I use the keyboard, the other PC on a gaming mouse so I have 12+ buttons. Can't really see any strategic (or cheating) possibilities to it though, I'm not skilled enough

In game I have had people ask me about it. When toon B is following toon A and not doing much else it's pretty obvious what's going on. The people complaining, in game, say it's a way of cheating extra conquest points for a guild, extra conquest rewards...anything else really...

It's practically the same as if I were playing with a 2nd person sitting next to me.
Just without the 2nd person.

And my guild doesn't get enough points to even make it on the leader board, let alone give anyone a challenge for the top spot.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 07:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAllmyn View Post
I just wanted to duel my toons agenst eachother and just mess around. Not involving other players. Just kicking my own ***. xD
Whatever floats your boat!
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

DMCC
11.11.2019 , 05:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
When toon B is following toon A and not doing much else.
My left hand (with the mouse) is usually Heal/DPS and the keyboard hand is most often Tank. Takes me longer to do content than it would if I just played through twice but it does add a certain challenge.

Results vary, but I wouldn't invite both hands to an Operation unless they were only controlling one toon