Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

You doubled the price of summons but still haven't separated them from withdrawals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You doubled the price of summons but still haven't separated them from withdrawals

UlaVii's Avatar


UlaVii
11.11.2019 , 08:28 AM | #11
For this Thursday's patch could you please either reduce summons back to the 10k value they were before or split summons into it's own tickbox option on the guild bank manage panel so we can safely increase the allowance without benefiting guild bank thieves.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
11.11.2019 , 08:42 AM | #12
Having them seperate, and setting it so Preff/f2p could also use the summon ability would be helpful. I understand not letting them take money from guilds, because it essentially only benefits themselves, but the summons can benefit numerous people.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.11.2019 , 08:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
For this Thursday's patch could you please either reduce summons back to the 10k value they were before or split summons into it's own tickbox option on the guild bank manage panel so we can safely increase the allowance without benefiting guild bank thieves.
Suggesting the split *now* for release Thursday is more or less totally unrealistic(1), but reducing the cost of summons is absolutely feasible.

And yes, as suggested earlier, I absolutely back splitting the permissions even though the only reason my guild isn't dead is that I'm still playing, and I don't do stuff of the "requires guild-shiop invite" type.

(1) It would require new UI elements in three languages and a bucketload of in-house testing(2), so it's something that you should be suggesting for 6.0.1, 6.0.2, or even 6.1.(3)

(2) Making sure that it correctly defaults to some suitable value for every single rank (it should be a per-rank permission as well as - or even instead of - a per-bank permission --- discuss), making sure that the permissions are truly separate, etc. etc. etc. etc.

(3) No one piece of the puzzle is hard, but when you add them up, it starts to look a little hairy because of things like: "What happens if I have withdraw permission but not summon permission? Can I summon anyway?" The answer isn't hard to implement, but it's necessary to choose an answer.

Or maybe it's *one* three-way permission:
* Withdraw and summon
* Summon only
* Neither

And because it's not clear how it would work (as seen from the outside), it's not feasible for Thursday.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

UlaVii's Avatar


UlaVii
11.11.2019 , 10:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
"What happens if I have withdraw permission but not summon permission? Can I summon anyway?" The answer isn't hard to implement, but it's necessary to choose an answer.

Or maybe it's *one* three-way permission:
* Withdraw and summon
* Summon only
* Neither
It would work like the Repair option already does:
  • If you have Withdraw and Repair ticked then you can Withdraw and Repair
  • If you only have Withdraw ticked then you can Withdraw but not use the Repair option
  • If you only have Repair ticked then you can Repair but not directly Withdraw

DreadtechSavant's Avatar


DreadtechSavant
11.11.2019 , 10:01 AM | #15
Doubling the price of summons to me is a error on BW,s part. It not really encouraging group play. I am a solo player but sometimes like this week have helped in a WB or two. Such a cost long term will stop players offering summons and yet again remove a game activity long term. Short term maybe not as many guilds have lots of credits but over time with other added expense players won't donate in the quantity they once did.the extra cost on a personal level is not an issue well at least not to me. Punishing guilds however is not a smart move.

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
11.11.2019 , 12:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
Not sure why you assume having more members means you have more credits. People are more than happy to max out their withdrawal limit regardless of the guild size they are in. Just having more people does not mean they suddenly open their pockets and donate vast amounts, although that would be nice

I never stated that but if you actually look at the large guilds (least the ones I've been in) they have massive amounts of credits. I'm talking in the billions.
So yes members do donate credits. In my small guild alone, I've had a few donate some decent sums but by far & large it is my credits going in.


You only see the transitional value. You have no idea how much goes in and out of their banks on a regular basis. You call it bull crap but then admit you do a similar thing on a smaller scale to match your guild size:

See post above, but I can reiterate. I do see, and it's quite easy for ANY member to see what goes in & out on a daily/weekly basis. Credit & item wise. Not sure your point or why you are even arguing this.
And not even sure how you get I do the same thing, when I state that I allow summons on ALL ranks. Get it ALL as in recruit gets like 2 summons a week. And progresses as you rank.


You can't have summons enabled without letting them withdraw the credits directly. That's the whole point of what I'm asking for.

I'm starting to think you just like arguing for the sake of arguing UlaVii. *sighs*

Item wise, that's just the risk of letting people withdraw items. Giving people access to withdraw items does not affect functionality which is what having summons bound to the withdraw option does.
Hmm... you sure are argumentative about anything you disagree on.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.11.2019 , 03:28 PM | #17
I think the whole concept of having GS summons being paid from the Guild Bank a bad idea. I much prefer that being in a guild with a GS gives you the option of using it but that you pay the credits yourself.

The point about people robbing guild banks when they have the chance is not an unreasonable one. Repair costs makes sense mostly for progression groups that raid together but the summons should be paid for by the player I feel because it avoids various complications, including being restricted to say 100k and only being able to summon 5 times in a week then.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

UlaVii's Avatar


UlaVii
11.11.2019 , 03:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I think the whole concept of having GS summons being paid from the Guild Bank a bad idea. I much prefer that being in a guild with a GS gives you the option of using it but that you pay the credits yourself.

The point about people robbing guild banks when they have the chance is not an unreasonable one. Repair costs makes sense mostly for progression groups that raid together but the summons should be paid for by the player I feel because it avoids various complications, including being restricted to say 100k and only being able to summon 5 times in a week then.
That's a great idea. It would also solve the problem of F2P and Preferred not being able to summons since they can't withdraw credits from guild banks. Nice one

I quoted your suggestion in the first post, hope the devs take it on board.