Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 70 - 74 gear drops are an absolute joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Level 70 - 74 gear drops are an absolute joke

Gelious
11.10.2019 , 05:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I stubbornly refused to grind ossus gear. Never used it even on my main who started 6.0 with a full set of 252 gear sitting at the bottom of his inventory (obtained from command crates and while I was grinding ossus rep for the title).

I levelled 70-75 in levelling gear with no mods. So gear below 75 is quite literally insignificant.
You missed my point.... entirely.

This is not about having a better gear. This is about having a set of Ossus gear for the looks only. As somebody who leveled 8 chars to 75, half of them in 220 gear I am well aware I dont need better gear for leveling.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Damask_Rose
11.11.2019 , 12:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ytrenor View Post
To this question: "Can I still get Ossus gear from doing the Ossus grind?". I would say I believe so.
However, when you will get to level 75, you will find some armor sets that are cosmetically identical to the Ossus armor sets. Don't waste your time grinding the armor sets on Ossus. You don't need to feel that pain
I have not seen any sets from Onslaught that are recolors from Ossus. Some of Ossus sets are recolors of older sets, but the Experimental sets are not. Much of the Onslaught sets are recolors of pre-Ossus gear, but not of Ossus gear.
Now, I'm only on ilvl 280 right now so I've only seen the green and blue sets. Since they are recolors of vanilla armor I assumed purple will be the same.

Grinding content to collect gear sets is what I do most. This thread has reminded me that I'm behind on making new similarity tags for TorFashion. My to do list has grown huge!

Screaming_Ziva
11.11.2019 , 09:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TirronVal View Post
Why would you actually care? Everything that drops before level 75 is garbage for you soon anyway and hardly helps while beeing downleveled constantly. When doing FPs you take about 6-7 with boost and rested XP to get to level 75, that is extremely fast anyway.
Using this logic you can ask "why do levels 70 - 74 even get drops?"

If something is dropping gear, the drop should be appropriate and correct for the player. It doesn't matter if it's "garbage soon".
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Tsillah
11.11.2019 , 03:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Using this logic you can ask "why do levels 70 - 74 even get drops?"

If something is dropping gear, the drop should be appropriate and correct for the player. It doesn't matter if it's "garbage soon".
Should it? That's what you want but it doesn't have to be that way. All content up to Onslaught can be done with 230 gear. Ossus still drops 252 an 258 gear. The thing is that this game allows you to be seriously overleveled but that doesn't mean that lower level content should drop higher level gear.

You can see this for example with the heroics which stop dropping gear at some level and alliance crates instead. The mods you can buy on the fleet also go to a point. Content that is for over level 70 is essentially Onslaught and endgame. Onslaught gives you that 268 gear that sets you up for endgame gearing. But even Onslaught doesn't require that gear. I went through there without issue with my 252 gear.

In essence by not being ready for Onslaught at level 70, you are overleveled and you don't get better gear till you do Onslaught or get to level 75. I get that you find it annoying but there is no need for the game to give you better gear from 71-74. It serves no purpose for the content.

At level 70 you can get all the gear you need already to get to 75. So why give you more gear? I assume you haven't done Onslaught because you are still somewhere before that in the story but since Onslaught levels you to 75 in no time, you're just stuck in over-leveled limbo for a few final levels until you hit 75 or go to Onslaught. Not a perfect situation but also not one that should be a reason for concern in my view.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB