Cartel Bazaar vendors reputation change

DrakeVenku

I don't know if there will be a change in the future, but with the reputation change i can't use old gear anymore because they have now a new reputation i didn't have. It is quite irritating. There some stuff i put a lot of money in to get that reputation. Will it stay when the patch is going live and how can we get then that reputation?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
I don't know if there will be a change in the future, but with the reputation change i can't use old gear anymore because they have now a new reputation i didn't have. It is quite irritating. There some stuff i put a lot of money in to get that reputation. Will it stay when the patch is going live and how can we get then that reputation?

Can you let me know specifically which items aren't working?

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks!

-eric

I've also noticed this on the test server but I have to look it up later in game for some more examples. For instance there was an eye patch (can't remember the name atm) and the Revan mask which are both from the cartel certificate vendor in the Bazaar, both unwearable on my main Nal'augh suddenly on the Test server. One item, a chest piece from my Commando Nal'kazaamar has suddenly lost its color module slot on the Test server, but that's another topic.

Also in Legacy under reputation there are 4 or 5 renamed Reputation classes (that are those solely for the special cartel vendors like Esstran etc. in the Bazaar). I have zero reputation with all of them on the live servers but with the renamed ones on the test server I have "stranger" or however it is translated in english.

Something is messed up here. :-)

Edited by Khaleg

All items sold by the vendors in the left part of the Cartel Bazaar are affected. They now require standing with the "Underworld Exchange", a new reputation faction that does not appear under Reputation in the legacy window. Instead, the window shows the existing factions (Contraband Resale, Bounty Supply, ICE, Binary Star Realty, Esstran Exports etc.). We get to keep our standing with the old factions, but since all items were changed to the new faction, the items are unusable.

And don't feign innocence like that, the nameplate tag on all the vendors now says <Underworld Exchange>. This was an intentional change, you likely want to force us to purchase Ultimate packs and ignore our standing with the old factions.

Edited by Jerba

I noticed this too, but I believe this is more a result of reputations not being copied to PTS, than any bug or change of functionality. Therefore it shouldn't be anything that would cause a problem when the patch goes live.

I would be alright with all the vendors switching to a new rep. I don't plan on buying the old packs, as I purchased what I wanted from them on the GTN. therefore I have no influence (or very low) with most of them. But I would love the option to somehow purchase all the items, and a new rep would be the way to go.

Thanks!

-eric

All of them are not working.

Here are a couple images that show the differences between the PTS and live servers:

https://imgur.com/a/B6VIuCC

FIRST IMAGE:

On the top of the first image you can see all of the vendors with their old reputation track names. On the bottom of the first image (from the PTS), you can see they are all now <Underworld Exchange>

SECOND IMAGE:

On the second image you will see my BK-0 Combustion Chestpiece that I purchased a long time ago. The top image is from the live servers where it is listed as requiring Hero standing with the Contraband Resale Corporation.

On the bottom of the second image you will see the same character with the same BK-0 Combustion Chestpiece that was just copied over to the PTS. The same piece now requires Hero standing with Underworld Exchange and cannot be worn anymore.

This isn't a case of reputation not copying over to the PTS. This was a deliberate change with the cartel vendors and their items.

If this change was made to give more people access to these items via a new reputation track, that is perfectly fine. However, you have to grandfather in all of the people that have already completed any or all of these reputation tracks.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

If this change was made to give more people access to these items via a new reputation track, that is perfectly fine. However, you have to grandfather in all of the people that have already completed any or all of these reputation tracks.

Not only that, they better not remove the old factions. Players who spent real-world money to gain reputation there have unlocked various legacy titles; those must not be removed.

Edited by Jerba

Not only that, they better not remove the old factions. Players who spent real-world money to gain reputation there have unlocked various legacy titles; those must not be removed.

This a million times over. I've been with this game since beta and I have every single one of those Cartel Market reputation factions at Legend. If I were to lose a single title (I absolutely use those faction titles, they are good ones) or lose access to a single piece of gear (whether to wear or purchase in future) due to a reputation change that invalidates what I previously invested real-world money to achieve, I will lose my mind.

I wouldn't care if the old factions are removed, provided every single item those vendors sold are shifted over in a way that still takes into account the reputation threshold that was previously achieved. Honestly, though, that sounds like it would be a lot more complicated to manage than just not getting rid of the previous factions, because it's possible for someone to have Legend in one current CM faction and only Newcomer in another, so how does that reputation disparity get grandfathered in? Cases like mine where everything is at Legend would be easy, just set me at Legend with the new faction and we're done. But I suspect most cases won't be that simple.

That being said, when things copy over to PTS there seems to be a lot that doesn't carry over, so I'm not going to freak out just yet. But it's a very good thing to call out, to be sure there isn't a bug that slips in during go-live. It's harder to fix things after the fact than it is to insure they don't happen to begin with.

The thing is, there is lots of cartel stuff that gets borked with PTS transfer. In love I unlocked additional inventory rows, and cargo hold tabs, and legacy cargo hold tabs, with CC, not credits, and yet every single time I PTS copy I lose my tabs and inventory rows. All that being said, this does seem to sound like a reputation consolidation to address the “missing”/ hard to obtain CM rep tracks for more recent players, and the devs just never finished the work to convert our old reputations to the consolidated one.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We wanted to address some of the questions we are seeing in this thread. As many of you in the thread already guessed, in 5.9.2 we will be combining all existing Cartel Market Reputations into one, the Underworld Exchange. Let’s talk about why we are making this change and how it will work.

Why Combine the Reputations?

Having all of the older Reputations wasn’t really serving a purpose anymore. Since we are direct selling most CM items and with the implementation of the Ultimate Pack we haven’t been bringing back embargoed packs. This means there is no availability for players to get these Reputations. This also creates an issue for Cartel Market Certificates since they aren’t consistent in how you acquire them, this makes it challenging to provide updated ways to spend them.

What Will Happen to my Existing Reputations?

All Cartel Market Reputations will now be combined into a single CM Rep, the Underworld Exchange. All progress you have from existing CM reps will be added together. Ex: If you are Legend right now in any CM rep, you will be a Legend in Underworld Exchange. If you are Champion in two of the reps, those values will be combined and could even rank you up.

What About the Legacy Titles / Rep Gear?

Any titles you have earned you will keep. Gear that you have will check against the new rep (which you will meet or exceed the requirement). Those titles will no longer be possible to earn. We may consider options for reintroducing those titles in the future, but there are no plans at this time.

How do I Earn Underworld Exchange Reputation?

Reputation tokens will be a guaranteed drop from Ultimate Cartel Packs unless you are at Legend status. Cartel Market Certificates are being added into the pack as a rare drop.

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions!

-eric

Any way you can consider some form of goodie, freebie, feature, etc for those that shelled out enough credits / cash to get legend status in multiple cartel market reputations and will massively exceed what is required for legend on a single reputation?

I can foresee that being a sore spot for the people this would apply to...

Edited by azudelphi

Any way you can consider some form of goodie, freebie, feature, etc for those that shelled out enough credits / cash to get legend status in multiple cartel market reputations and will massively exceed what is required for legend on a single reputation?

My view on that subject (and yes, I *am* one of those people):

meh

Actually, no, that's a little unfair to the subject. I am pleased with the change. Not so much for myself, as I have Legend on all of them except ICE, and that's on Champion, but for the rest of the players, old and new. (I also have a stock of 40-50 CMCs that I don't really know what to do with...)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I know its a longshot, but I certainly wouldn't turn away some free CM Certs, like maybe 5 for every reputation at legend above the first one, adding the total number of points. So, for example, there are six cartel market reputations. Initially the cartel tracks required more points than the in-game ones, but at some point they were changed, maybe with 5.0 even, and now they're all the same cumulative point totals, which is 70K points total to get you to Legend level. If you are at Legend for all six tracks then you would get 25 Certs, 5 x (6-1). If you were legend at one, and had 35k points in the remaining five tracks, then your combined point total would be 245k points, which is 175k points over legend, which would give you two legend levels above your first, so 10 Certs. If you were Legend in two tracks, and had 10K points in the remaining four tracks, then you combined total rep points would be 70+70+40 for 180k points, which is just over two legends' worth of points, so since you are one legend rank over your first, you'd get 5 Certs. I mean the numbers could be tweaked, of course, but Cartel Certificate Decos from the fleet vendor cost 1-2 and from the item vendors most big ticket items cost no more than 6 certs, so I thought this was a reasonable place to start.

My view on that subject (and yes, I *am* one of those people):

meh

Leveler heads will see it that way.

But people can get funny when real money is involved.

Edit: For what it's worth, I agree the reputation consolidation is a good idea. Just think for optics they should be careful about how they handle the overflow reputation of multi-legend vets.

Edited by azudelphi

Sounds fine to me! I also have more than one (but not all) of the CM factions at legend, and I don't mind being "leveled down" to only one faction, as long as we get to keep the titles. It's not like other players can inspect you and see your reputation; only the achievements are visible.

Ideally, you'd also update the existing reputation trophies so they now increase standing with the new faction. I'm not sure if I may have a trophy lying around on some alt somewhere, so it would be nice to still be able to use them post-5.9.2, but I don't it mind too much.

I know its a longshot, but I certainly wouldn't turn away some free CM Certs, like maybe 5 for every reputation at legend above the first one, adding the total number of points.

Free stuff is always nice, though I still have 2700 CM certs left from the slot machines, so a couple more of them wouldn't faze me. But it would be a nice gift for those who need CM certs.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
@Eric,

What will become of the Contraband Slot Machine with this change? Will it be updated or just slowly fade away?

Thanks

It remains unchanged. Any items which previously granted rep for a CM rep will now grant Underworld Exchange rep instead.

-eric

It remains unchanged. Any items which previously granted rep for a CM rep will now grant Underworld Exchange rep instead.

-eric

So you not only give Underworld Exchange legendary to everyone who already maxed out contraband rep with the slot machine, but the slot machine still can be used to max out the new rep after 5.9.2?

That's nice and generous, but kinda makes the new reputation pointless. When everyone can spend an afternoon in a stronghold to max it out, you can just as well remove the reputation requirement from vendors and items, and keep the old reputations, including legacy titles.

How to reward those that already earned reputation ranks? Grant them the next legacy title. When they are Legendary already, give them a cartel certifcate or two. (And yes, I would be fine when contraband is excluded, and that's the only reputation I have maxed.)

And for the future? How about the packs dropping cartel scrips instead of rep tokens? Have a vendor exchange them for certificates (something like 10 scrips per certificate, instead of purple you get 4 scrips, 2 for blue and 1 for green)

Edited by Mubrak

How do I Earn Underworld Exchange Reputation?

Reputation tokens will be a guaranteed drop from Ultimate Cartel Packs unless you are at Legend status. Cartel Market Certificates are being added into the pack as a rare drop.

-eric

Can you provide a little more detail on this part? The Ultimate Cartel packs currently drop 4 items. If a Reputation token falls, is it going to take place of one of the four slots? Or will there be a possible fifth spot?

What about those of us who will have the Legend status already? The reason I'm a little worried about this is the old packs would still take up slots for reputation drops even if we were already at Legend rank, so a slot would still be wasted, and the credit return for these was laughable, and because they were bound we couldn't sell them on the GTN. Are you guys changing the system so it will check the Legend status before opening the pack and it will for sure never drop for a Legend player and never take up one of our slots? Or at the very least give them a better credit gain, or even unbind them like anything else in the pack currently.