Are there any plans for More Sith Corruption?

sithgreyguard

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, then have EVERY single title you've accumulated in game to be on your player bar. I'd sure love to be running around with that.

I would have no problem with a char having the last title they got...and also...titles are usually given by those who are associated with that person and when they are around them. If you met the president of a country out in the wilds and a normal town and he was not surrounded with guards and you had no clue who he was...would you still address him as "Mr. President"? :rolleyes:

On the golf course , around those I played with and knew me, I was refered to as "Tone". It is not my name and noone outside the golf club I belonged to used it. It was a title they used on me for thier own reasons. I never have cared about titles in games anyway and in them usually have them all shut off.

You do know without the movies, there would be no TOR?

So what?

SWTOR is a game set in the EU, and it should conform to the EU, not to the set of restricted, simplified elements used in the movies.

Pointing out that the movies were the source of the EU is about as useful (ie: not at all useful) as pointing out that Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress was the inspiration for the movies.

[NOTE: For the uninitiated: EU = Extended Universe, not European Union]

so what?

Swtor is a game set in the eu, and it should conform to the eu, not to the set of restricted (mind of george lucas), simplified (mind of george lucas) elements used in the movies.

Pointing out that the movies were the source of the eu is about as useful (ie: Not at all useful) as pointing out that kurosawa's the hidden fortress was the inspiration for the movies.

[note: For the uninitiated: Eu = extended universe, not european union]

FIFY ... :D

What? :eek:

:)

Edited by Urael

Well I have an idea for you.

Why not just add these features and complextions to a vendor to alter appearance.

That same vendor can sell new hair syles, eye color the whole deal.

Now i could just roll up to the vendor and purchase these items.

If you want to keep it so not just anyone can have corruption features regardless of your alignment, make these items unlockable by force alignment, much like titles.

You do know without the movies, there would be no TOR? And of course so much of TOR is a reflection of what the movies was about. Different time line, but still the same old issues dealing with the Dark side and Light side of the Force. Tell me one scene in the movies which showed Light side effects on the char apart from them being dead? :p

Ah playing the 'but it wasn't in the movies' card, then about 99% of what is in this game shouldn't be in it, according to your logic.

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.

What about light coming from the hands/eyes/etc from abilities when used? Darkside powers do this, the red circle around the throat when being choked for example.

Ah playing the 'but it wasn't in the movies' card, then about 99% of what is in this game shouldn't be in it, according to your logic.

Good point. You just mentioned one of the many reasons I unsubbed. The Rak invasion comes to mind to show one example. It is not 99% off from the movies however. Do not exaggerate when trying to make a point. Some parts are and the more there is..the more it is un-Star Wars for some.

Good point. You just mentioned one of the many reasons I unsubbed. The Rak invasion comes to mind to show one example. It is not 99% off from the movies however. Do not exaggerate when trying to make a point. Some parts are and the more there is..the more it is un-Star Wars for some.

Almost everything in this game was not described or seen in the movies, therefore, by your logic, it shouldn't be in the game.

Good point. You just mentioned one of the many reasons I unsubbed. The Rak invasion comes to mind to show one example.

I repeat: The game is set in the EU. It should conform to the EU not the restricted, simplified framework of the movies.

I can't think of anything in the game that isn't supported by the existing EU.

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.
How about a light side equivalent with people looking wiser/older (as it is now, you can't really make good looking wise, old, wrinkled characters anyway. Why do the dark siders always get the most love? Please let us lightsiders have the counter effect to dark side corruption as well!

I repeat: The game is set in the EU.

European Union? Or Expanded Universe? With all the English voice overs, I gets confused sometimes. :p

On topic..... they answered. They want to add more, it's difficult and will take time, so don't expect to see it in the near term.

Thanks for the reply.

I never really though of a lightside corruption before. that would be neat.

Edited by sithgreyguard

Jesus Halo.. just sayin!

Completely agree!

I also think there should be a /dark emote where you hunch over like an old decrepit emperor and hack, and a /light emote where I open my arms and doves fly forth.

...where I open my arms and doves fly forth.

actually.. some force ghost-esque apparition would be pretty awesome. though youd have to have different emotes for each class, jedi types get the force ghost, non users get something like a firecracker or something..

actually.. some force ghost-esque apparition would be pretty awesome. though youd have to have different emotes for each class, jedi types get the force ghost, non users get something like a firecracker or something..

Imma still holdin out for LSers to become all sparkly with rainbow auras and their chest piece color palate to match to a tie-die and glow in the dark. :p

Sith corruption options? I can see if you want the best power from your ( Dark side spells. skills ) Dark side points effecting them, but the looks associated from the choice of choosing the Dark side, should not even be a option. You should have to live with your choices in the game even in matters pertaining to the Dark side effects. After all we do have to play with the choices we make on the advance class pick. :rolleyes:

Light side choices should impact the effectiveness with spells, skills associated with the Light side. And you cannot have "corruption" from Light side choices. That goes against the whole concept of what the Light side choice has to offer. How did Obi'wan ever become corrupted from his Light side choices? Instead he became more powerful and understanding of the Force and the dangers associated with the Dark side.

You should have to live with your choices in the game pertaining to the Dark Side effects? Like Palpatine, right? Because he couldn't hide his Dark Side Corruption in the movies when he was on the Senate and Supreme Chancellor. :rolleyes:

First of all, in the movies Palpatine proved that you can hide your Dark Side Corruption, so apparently you would like for there to be less in common with the movies, no? Second of all, Rakghouls are from Knights of the Old Republic, you know, the game this MMO is based on? So why one would ever be surprised by the presence of Rakghouls is beyond me, but obviously someone needs to come up with some more informative things to QQ about like the myriad problems this game actually has.

My main and probably the vast majority of my alts (when I get around to making them) are primarily going to be lightsided. I would be fine with dark siders getting customizable dark side corruption without lightsiders getting any corresponding light side corruption. I don't think light siders really need anything like that.