Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bidli's Avatar


Bidli
06.16.2017 , 11:46 AM | #21
trauma regulators and heal from reflect - those two things are a concern nerf one or another, or somehow both..
and you dont need to touch decoy, that is probably useless anyway

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
06.16.2017 , 11:47 AM | #22
.... why do we see damage nerfs? Merc's damage isn't the issue. The issue is they are standing there, turreting while tanking 5 people without a way to punish it. Remove trauma regs (or nerf it) and you will significantly fix their survivability imbalance. Nerf their survivablity and you will nerf their damage because they will be forced to think about cds, kite and LoS.

Tadagyt's Avatar


Tadagyt
06.16.2017 , 11:49 AM | #23
so... mercs are the new sorc lightning when it comes to pve.... nice, you've done it again. You don't even listen to what we say, right? You nerfed the DPS???
This is just horrible. Keep destroying classes because of pvp.

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
06.16.2017 , 11:50 AM | #24
Obvious aside, atleast getting blasted in the face by 35-38k crit missles will be over with.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
06.16.2017 , 11:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
.... why do we see damage nerfs? Merc's damage isn't the issue. The issue is they are standing there, turreting while tanking 5 people without a way to punish it. Remove trauma regs (or nerf it) and you will significantly fix their survivability imbalance. Nerf their survivablity and you will nerf their damage because they will be forced to think about cds, kite and LoS.
Watch them change utilities the next round and see Mercs become completely useless again because they have neither survivability nor damage output. The vicious circle of Bioware Class Balancing. Have a good one people.


I would advise you guys to stand up to these changes if you know whats good for you.
Because this will never end this way.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
06.16.2017 , 11:55 AM | #26
please remove

T R A U M A R E G U L A T O R S
R
A
U
M
A

R
E
G
U
L
A
T
O
R
S
Doc
Sick Twisted Individuals

nogoodtomedead's Avatar


nogoodtomedead
06.16.2017 , 11:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Round 2! Below are the changes planned for Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando in Game Update 5.3. Here are the notes from the Combat Team:



Let us know what you think of the changes coming to Arsenal and Gunnery in GU 5.3. Thanks!
Strongly disagree with the changes to DPS, you guys simply needed to adjust the healing numbers of the our survival abilities. I think the player community would agree that our DPS was fine it was just that the healing capability of some of DCDs needed to be less. I do not support these DPS changes.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
06.16.2017 , 11:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by FtWorthJim View Post
They did reduce some of the DCD.

Decoy now has 2 charges (down from 5)

Some of you will not be happy until Mercs are glass cannons again.
Exactly.
How quickly people have forgotten how defensively weak they were prior to 5.0.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
06.16.2017 , 12:03 PM | #29
I feel like this doesn't address the biggest problem for Mercommandos, that being the fact that they're too sturdy on their own as "DPS". The whole trend of compensating for damage by making a damage-dealer more sturdy is a path we already tread with Sagecerers and it's part of the reason, I suspect, they're in the rather rough spot they are right now. I fear we may be on the verge of seeing the same mistake carried over to a different class.

Yoyobear's Avatar


Yoyobear
06.16.2017 , 12:09 PM | #30
So Merc/Mando survivability is is over tuned so naturally you nerf their damage. That makes zero sense.