Stop calling for all these nerfs.

angelfate

Stop calling for nerfs please. Its going to just lead to every class being abolished one after another. This week its Scoundrel/OP. Tomorrow its Tanks/Healer combo, then its Sage/Sorc, then its Trooper/Bounty Hunter and so on and so on.

I mean seriously look at the forums pretty much every class is being called for to be nerfed right now lol.

This idea of nerfing just creates a cycle that people all complain about X class and then they get nerfed and now a new class seems to be the one causing havoc and we call nerf on them til the class that no one noticed is now standing out and we nerf them and we are start the cycle over and begin nerfing everyone again.

Get over it if you die to X class for Y reason. In group play it doesn't matter. Which is how a game should be group balanced not 1 to 1 class balanced.

FYI i play a Shadow Tank in full Champion Gear.

Stop calling for nerfs please. Its going to just lead to every class being abolished one after another. This week its Scoundrel/OP. Tomorrow its Tanks/Healer combo, then its Sage/Sorc, then its Trooper/Bounty Hunter and so on and so on.

I mean seriously look at the forums pretty much every class is being called for to be nerfed right now lol.

This idea of nerfing just creates a cycle that people all complain about X class and then they get nerfed and now a new class seems to be the one causing havoc and we call nerf on them til the class that no one noticed is now standing out and we nerf them and we are start the cycle over and begin nerfing everyone again.

Get over it if you die to X class for Y reason. In group play it doesn't matter. Which is how a game should be group balanced not 1 to 1 class balanced.

you have to remember people have to have someone else to blame for their in ability to win. so the obvious answer to them is the person beating them most be OP. when more then likely the answer is something so much simpler, that the person beating them is just more skilled. So you can ask them to stop crying for nerfs but they will never listen. cause bads wont blame them selves ever.

Ya well...

It cracks me up that people think they really work

Let me see...

Should I base a business decision on a careful statistical analysis of 24/7 hours worth of streaming real time data

Or...

a flood of forum posts from a gaggle of diaper toting WHAAA bots....

Hmm...

Ya I guess you right....

Time to join the club and start making nerf posts of my own

This ^ is exactly the problem that is killing Warcraft. Too many players whining on the forums.

I wish these threads would end. Bioware doesn't make design and balancing decisions based on the forums. Maybe...MAYBE, they will investigate a potential problem brought to their attention through the forums.

In reality they have far more sophisticated metrics than the people who come here to complain. They run the game. They have access to ALL of the data. They know everything that happens, every hit, every kill, every line of chat. That is the data they use to make changes.

Sometimes the forums (in aggregate) are able to identify a problem that the data already indicates. But aside from the occasional bug, nobody here is telling Bioware anything they don't already know.

So please stop pretending that people calling for nerfs or buffs have even the slightest impact on game design. They don't.

Edited by nallard

Ya well...

It cracks me up that people think they really work

Let me see...

Should I base a business decision on a careful statistical analysis of 24/7 hours worth of streaming real time data

Or...

a flood of forum posts from a gaggle of diaper toting WHAAA bots....

Hmm...

Ya I guess you right....

Time to join the club and start making nerf posts of my own

im sorry but when enough people cry for nerfs, they happen. the developer can say whatever they want but I've seen enough game forums to know that if enough people cry things get nerfed. It isnt a coincidence that the things that have been nerfed so far were the most cried for on the forums. believe what you want but forum outcry of nerfs sway developers to nerf.

The id in me says that since they've nerfed my Ops DPS into oblivion I want them to whack the crap out of everyone else.

I'd settle for a buff in healing output though. We really could use one.

im sorry but when enough people cry for nerfs, they happen. the developer can say whatever they want but I've seen enough game forums to know that if enough people cry things get nerfed. It isnt a coincidence that the things that have been nerfed so far were the most cried for on the forums. believe what you want but forum outcry of nerfs sway developers to nerf.

There is a difference between something being recognized within the data base and validated from the player base on the forums and virtual witch hunt spearheaded by self serving patrons.

If your business model places the opinion of the vocal minority before your business plan, you're done.

Edited by Schwartz

I doubt they take any of the whining seriously without hard evidence. Basically they are probably viewing these as "Pics or it didn't happen."

People will whine, and when it's all said and done there's very little that really needs to be changed. A few tweaks could be used but I've seen some crazy stuff called for.