Thank you for Nautolans SWTOR team!

Ganden

I couldn't find a "thank you" thread anywhere, so here I am.

Ever since joining the community here all those years ago pre-launch, I've been asking for Nautolans. To find out that they're being added brought upon some great feelings of excitement.

So, thank you team. Thanks for adding Nautolans to the game :D

Please add your love and gratitude here. Haters, go find other "we want these other species" threads.

Can anyone share any news on Nautolans, why you chose them and if there are any plans on how they'll be implemented? For example, if we will be able to receive one free customisation per account to change our character's species?

Finally my favorite species is gonna be in SWTOR. To be honest, i couldn't care less for Cathar and Togruta but that's just my opinion. However some people have worries regarding clipping so we have to see how armor works for Nautolans. :)

Most likely it'll work like Togruta and the head slot will just be hidden.

They might make it like Twi'lek though and just let it clip through.

While I'm quite looking forward to adding some Nautolans to my roster, I'm leery about what they might do to them. Neither the Cathar nor Togruta look much like the ones in game. I would have been happier with both species if they had tried harder to preserve their original styles. Over time I have gotten used to both, but the initial shock of their release wasn't pleasant.

While I'm quite looking forward to adding some Nautolans to my roster, I'm leery about what they might do to them. Neither the Cathar nor Togruta look much like the ones in game. I would have been happier with both species if they had tried harder to preserve their original styles. Over time I have gotten used to both, but the initial shock of their release wasn't pleasant.

This.

I'm really happy to finally get to play as a Nautolan, i've been waiting for this specy for a long time, but i'm not too fond of how the Cathar and Togruta look as PC in game compared to the NPC versions.

What differences did you notice?

The Cathar eyes for PCs are different than the ones on NPCs for instance.

Togruta, i think the lekku are shorter on PCs than the NPCs ones (this ones i think is less annoying than the Cathar eyes)

I've been wanting the nautolans as well, so this is a pleasant surprise. I honestly didn't think they'd be added, at least not as the next race, seeing as we already have 2 "lekku races" and the last one added was one of those. I also wanted cathar and togruta actually, so thanks for those too Bioware.

Huh. I actually think the game's original cathar look rubbish, other than Jorgan's customizations. Though yeah, I can understand people wanting their eyes and fur patterns, even if they're not my taste. I think they did a mostly good job with the togruta though. The "seam" between their head thing and forehead has to be covered up with jewelry but other than that they're good.

Togruta, i think the lekku are shorter on PCs than the NPCs ones (this ones i think is less annoying than the Cathar eyes)

The devs addressed the lekku differences awhile back. Long story short males are supposed to have short lekkus lore wise, the male npcs you see with long lekkus are mistakes from before the game launched. However, when togruta were added as a playable species they worked with Lucasfilm to get them right lore wise, so the player togruta are correct the npcs are wrong.

The devs addressed the lekku differences awhile back. Long story short males are supposed to have short lekkus lore wise, the male npcs you see with long lekkus are mistakes from before the game launched. However, when togruta were added as a playable species they worked with Lucasfilm to get them right lore wise, so the player togruta are correct the npcs are wrong.

I was mainly talking about female Togruta, haven't payed too much attention to male ones, as iirc you only meet 1 during the smuggler class strory, and all other Togruta NPCs you meet are females.

But if you look closely the likes of Ashara or Master Kiwiiks do have longer lekku than our female PC Togruta.

Well, in the end i don't care all that much, as i only have 1 Togruta character that i only use to farm heroics.

I was slightly disapointed with the Cathar though as their eyes are really different compared to the Cathar NPC's like Jorgan.

I just hope the Nautolans will look good as PC as this is a specy i've been waiting for.

Edited by Goreshaga

I was mainly talking about female Togruta, haven't payed too much attention to male ones, as iirc you only meet 1 during the smuggler class strory, and all other Togruta NPCs you meet are females.

But if you look closely the likes of Ashara or Master Kiwiiks do have longer lekku than our female PC Togruta.

Well, in the end i don't care all that much, as i only have 1 Togruta character that i only use to farm heroics.

I was smightmy disapointed with the Cathar though as their eyes are really different compared to the Cathar NPC's like Jorgan.

I just hope the Nautolans will look good as PC as this is a specy i've been waiting for.

Watch Ashara turn sideways a little bit and it becomes pretty clear why they went with the shorter lekku for togruta.

As for cathar, I actually like the PC ones way better than the NPC ones. NPC eyes just look like they were hacked together from the humanoid assets and looks really weird.

PS, species is both singular and plural. specy isn't a word. (Sorry, my internal spell check was acting up)

they probably gonna give them normal eyes. wich sucks so much.

No they won't. That'd be like implementing Togruta without the lekku. The eyes (and head tentacles) are the main distinguishing feature of the species, they aren't going to change that.

As for the additional playable race, I first heard it in the chat. Only that I had interrogated there and had understood "Ortolaner" whereupon I imagined in his mind how armed with two Lichschwerten and power, the opponents of fear. (not to mention a soldier armed with a storm cannon) :D:D

But Nautolans are also a really good idea to give this as a playable breed to us. :)

Hopefully you can provide them with different characteristics (body color, etc), otherwise you will no longer recognize your own friends in the game.:D

@ SWTOR - Team: Thank you also from me.:)

Edited by Sylvannai

As for cathar, I actually like the PC ones way better than the NPC ones. NPC eyes just look like they were hacked together from the humanoid assets and looks really weird.

PS, species is both singular and plural. specy isn't a word. (Sorry, my internal spell check was acting up)

I absolutely hate the Cathar PC's eyes, they have some silly expression constantly on their faces, and that's one of the reasons I ended up deleting all my Cathar and will probably never bother creating another one again.

Oups, didn't know about that (non native english speaker here) :p.

Thanks for pointing it out to me :)

Oups, didn't know about that (non native english speaker here) :p.

Thanks for pointing it out to me :)

If it makes you feel better, I had to look it up to confirm it, and I am a native English speaker lol

One of the many examples in the English language where it doesn't follow the rules.

Not only that but the player Togruta don't have 'eyebrows' or lip colour which is something I'm disappointed in.

As for the Nautolans, I have been wanting them for a very long time so I am so happy to be finally getting them. I saw some drawings of the player ones and they don't seem too bad at the moment but there is enough time for them to be changed.

If it makes you feel better, I had to look it up to confirm it, and I am a native English speaker lol

One of the many examples in the English language where it doesn't follow the rules.

Lol, languages can be weird at times.

French does have quite a lot of weird stuff as well, and i'd not envy a foreigner trying to learn this language.

Not only that but the player Togruta don't have 'eyebrows' or lip colour which is something I'm disappointed in.

As for the Nautolans, I have been wanting them for a very long time so I am so happy to be finally getting them. I saw some drawings of the player ones and they don't seem too bad at the moment but there is enough time for them to be changed.

Well i find eyebrows on species who don't have hair pretty... disturbing.

Like why would Twi'lek or Togruta have eyebrows if they don't have hair ? Unless they paint / tattoo / glue some eyebrows on their face to look better or something ?

Yup, very exited about getting them too, i think i'll recreate my trooper as a Nautolan, she's a Mirialan for now, but i'm not entirely satisfied with how she looks, and i tested Twi'lek and Togruta and their lekku don't seem to glitch with her armor, so a Nautolan should be fine.

Maybe i'll change my Miraluka Shadow into a Nautolan as well, that way i'll be able to use a nice hooded outfit on him without being bothered by said hood

Edited by Goreshaga

For me, what I notice most about the Cathar is the lack of pronounced cheek bones and lack of heavier orbital ridges which is a big part of why the NPCs have a more leonine look than the PCs. They look much more like the Cathar in the comics, but I understand there are sub-species so the differences can be at least partially explained away that way. They did very minor tweaks to the standard old human faces, which is just disappointing in a new species. I'm tired of the same old faces again and again. At least they finally added in the NPC hair. Why they didn't have those to begin with is a mystery.

And for the Togruta, the main thing is the shorter lekku. I'm forgiving of the females, but not the males.

I'm pretty sure this was player speculation and not an official dev. statement. Most lore sources that show male Togruta do indeed show much shorter front lekku than the male NPCs, but their lekku are often twice as long as the ones we got for the PCs. (Female Togruta in accepted lore also have longer lekku than the PCs, often down to their knees.) So it would have been more lore appropriate and also more aesthetically pleasing if the males had longer lekku, just not as long as the NPCS.

On the subject of lore appropriateness, the rear lekku should be much longer on both male and female Togruta. The rear lekku should be as long, if not longer than the front lekku, and the male montrals, in particular, should be larger and more pronounced. Even many of the females have some massive montrals. So, the long and the short of it is that they ignored more lore than they adhered to with less than satisfactory results.

Nautolans aren't my cup of tea but hey, adding any race is a big plus in my book! Even if I would never create one, the fact is many others will so that's great. Options and choices are good for the game.

As for the derail in the thread, people are just kidding when they are angry or distraught over the lengths of lekku in the game, right? Come on guys! Stop being so nitpicky, sheesh.

As for the derail in the thread, people are just kidding when they are angry or distraught over the lengths of lekku in the game, right? Come on guys! Stop being so nitpicky, sheesh.

I don't think anyone is angry or distraught over this, just disappointed. It's only nitpicky if it's something you aren't interested in.

I brought up the subject of the Cathar and Togruta releases to keep people's expectations in check. There was a lot of excitement building up to their releases and a huge amount of disappointment when they were so different from the ones in game. It is quite likely Nautolans will go the same route. But I'm sure it's a completely different design team, so maybe they will actually resemble the Nautolans we know and love.

It's only nitpicky if it's something you aren't interested in.

...It is quite likely Nautolans will go the same route. But I'm sure it's a completely different design team, so maybe they will actually resemble the Nautolans we know and love.

Good point.

I don't think they have a lot of room for error with Nautalons, though. How hard will it be for them to make bald alien lekku heads with big solid oversized eyes?

No they won't. That'd be like implementing Togruta without the lekku. The eyes (and head tentacles) are the main distinguishing feature of the species, they aren't going to change that.

yea was thinking about the light side dark side eyes thingy. and they probably going to make the lekku shorter. it basicly gonna suck. but hey its a new species right?