PvP Armor in Patch 1.2

BFGStriker

Hey guys - it's early so excuse me if there are a few grammatical mistakes in this thread...

So I've been reading up on 1.2 and its plans for Illum, world PvP, and what not. But I'm still confused on something - valor.

It seems they are doing away with the valor system completely?? How will PvP armor be obtained? Only through ranked matches?

Any ideas or confirmations on this?

Ranked matches will give you ranked comms that you will spend on WAR HERO gear which will have no Valor requirements.

Centurion (or something similar) will be "given away" for credits, maybe Champ too (confused about it myself) and BM will stay as is with the exception of valor rank required.

Ranked matches will give you ranked comms that you will spend on WAR HERO gear which will have no Valor requirements.

Centurion (or something similar) will be "given away" for credits, maybe Champ too (confused about it myself) and BM will stay as is with the exception of valor rank required.

Any reason why they are giving away the lower tier? People seem to be upset by it...

those people are being kids about it.

those kids want to steamroll the warzones and win no matter the reason, and where is the fun in that ?

I would welcome level 50 merchant pvp gear, or even craftables.

the new pvp system will drive the elitists and the serious pvp'ers into ranked, and everyone else can enjoy the regular wzs.

I will probably get my ash kicked, but hopefully I will learn and improve my play, and have fun whist doing so.

those people are being kids about it.

those kids want to steamroll the warzones and win no matter the reason, and where is the fun in that ?

I would welcome level 50 merchant pvp gear, or even craftables.

the new pvp system will drive the elitists and the serious pvp'ers into ranked, and everyone else can enjoy the regular wzs.

I will probably get my ash kicked, but hopefully I will learn and improve my play, and have fun whist doing so.

Wrong.

Some of us grinded through the valor to get this gear. It's like spending $20,000 on a new car and the next month the price drops to $5,000.

If you WZ when you are sub 50 and get 1000/1000 coms you have enough to buy several pieces of gear right off the bat. This will get you near 8% resistance.

Wrong.

Some of us grinded through the valor to get this gear. It's like spending $20,000 on a new car and the next month the price drops to $5,000.

If you WZ when you are sub 50 and get 1000/1000 coms you have enough to buy several pieces of gear right off the bat. This will get you near 8% resistance.

Wrong?

you didnt write anything I didnt already know, and you also failed to prove me wrong.

and yes, some of us did that,and again, some of us want competition in war zones, not just mindless running around, and giving new 50s better gear will ramp them towards being threats.

Wrong?

you didnt write anything I didnt already know, and you also failed to prove me wrong.

and yes, some of us did that,and again, some of us want competition in war zones, not just mindless running around, and giving new 50s better gear will ramp them towards being threats.

Wrong!

Gear does not fix bads. You will still have the majority of pvper terribads running around just in better gear. Mindless running around is the status quo for pugs, why give them better gear for being a failure. It just encourages this type of activity.

Wrong!

Gear does not fix bads. You will still have the majority of pvper terribads running around just in better gear. Mindless running around is the status quo for pugs, why give them better gear for being a failure. It just encourages this type of activity.

But if they are as bad as you say you should crush them with equal gear and so your point is moot. So why not give them better gear one less thing for them to blame, while you win again and again.

Wrong!

you will need an entry to new players, otherwise the community will fail to grow, and when people quit, you will have less and less opponents, while you would probably argue that this is another way to win, you would be wrong.

Edited by KKaae

Again bioware decided to listen to the QQ playerbase about "how hard it is to catch up when you're a fresh level 50 in a WZ".

Well it isn't hard AT ALL...

If you just take the time to do a few dailies on belsavis and illum , and have stacked a bit of mercenary and wz commendations before you get to 50, there's no way the gap will be that big between you and pvp geared players.

if you get stomped, you don't know how to properly gear up OR/AND you don't know how to play your class on pvp (there could be 100 reasons about that).

I play as a sniper, and with a mix of purple 50, centurion and a few champion items, i never end up being stomped, except when i face a premade of battlemasters.

But that's how it is. Most players just want everything with no challenge, no involvement.

But hey... when we'll see players with full champion / battlemaster gear who can barely make a pass in huttball, we'll definitely know that the game updated to 1.2.

indeed, you just want to win the games, no challenge and with no involvement.

You didn't even read.

The players complaining about how hard it is to gear up for PvP when they turn 50 are often the same to leave a warzone when the other team takes the advantage.

that's the same thing: They can't be sure that they will get what they want, so they don't even bother to try. Just like a spoiled child.

You didn't even read.

The players complaining about how hard it is to gear up for PvP when they turn 50 are often the same to leave a warzone when the other team takes the advantage.

that's the same thing: They can't be sure that they will get what they want, so they don't even bother to try. Just like a spoiled child.

on the server I am playing, new players stay in the games, where BMs and above tend to leave losing games.

But if they are as bad as you say you should crush them with equal gear and so your point is moot. So why not give them better gear one less thing for them to blame, while you win again and again.

Because they shouldn't be rewarded for nothing. It's REALLY easy to gear up to full champion already which is only 4% less good then battlemaster. I'm sorry, if players don't want to put in this minimal effort they shouldn't be rewarded.

There's no such thing as "equal" in MMO PVP. It's all about spec vs spec, rotation, who has their crit items up, focus fire, etc.

Wrong.

This is a good example of why most people are upset about the new changes. It doesn't have anything to do with wanting to win without a challenge and anyone who says that that is the only reason people are upset hasn't paid attention to anyone elses arguments to the contrary. Myself, for one, would rather not have Bioware hand out gear like this because it kills the enjoyment of the game. Once a game starts to hand out gear it makes me feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I play the game to have fun but I do end game content to see if I am able to contribute to a team that completes difficult situations/dungeons/PvP. If Bioware gives all that gear that we had to work so hard for away for basically free then it upsets those players that want a challenge to get their end game items.

I'm not fully geared out so I would benefit from the 1.2 changes and I still think it's a terrible idea.

you will need an entry to new players, otherwise the community will fail to grow, and when people quit, you will have less and less opponents, while you would probably argue that this is another way to win, you would be wrong.

Now Bioware will have the issue of a community failing to grow from two sides. People will either quit because they feel they are not competitive in PvP due to Biowares gear system as it is pre 1.2 or the players who feel that end game content should be earned will quit because of the easy mode changes that Bioware seems to be making. Either way, Bioware in my opinion needs to decide which direction they want to go and stick with it because these completely opposite direction changes they are taking each patch is making a lot of people, myself included, feel like the game isn't truly completed.

on the server I am playing, new players stay in the games, where BMs and above tend to leave losing games.

That's not the case on my server.

So maybe, maybe not, we're off topic anyway.

I don't really mind people getting pvp gear more easily since it won't change anything at all, baddies will remain baddies.

What i don't like about this is that we wasted time gearing up in the last two month for something we will be able to get much faster in the next update.

Wrong.

If you are Republic, you almost have a point. Almost. If you are a Rep and sitting in full BM gear, your level of achievement and awesomeness are not diminished by the patch, at all. Good things happening to other people do not hurt you at all, and you can say that you achieved your status and gear back before it became easy to do.

If you are Imperial, you either did the Ilum exploit to get BM in a matter of a few hours, or you are on the faction that did this thus ensuring that many of your teammates had gear that was way better than their opponents' (and fraudulently achieved). You didn't buy a $20,000 car, you stole one, and the cops didn't take it back, even when they caught you.

1.2 will fix this problem. It may be too little, too late, but the gear will even out, and the fights will be fair. True PvPers do not fear this. Truly elite players do not fear this. Only those pretenders who know that their gear will no longer protect them from certain thrashing fear this.

If you are Republic, you almost have a point. Almost. If you are a Rep and sitting in full BM gear, your level of achievement and awesomeness are not diminished by the patch, at all. Good things happening to other people do not hurt you at all, and you can say that you achieved your status and gear back before it became easy to do.

If you are Imperial, you either did the Ilum exploit to get BM in a matter of a few hours, or you are on the faction that did this thus ensuring that many of your teammates had gear that was way better than their opponents' (and fraudulently achieved). You didn't buy a $20,000 car, you stole one, and the cops didn't take it back, even when they caught you.

1.2 will fix this problem. It may be too little, too late, but the gear will even out, and the fights will be fair. True PvPers do not fear this. Truly elite players do not fear this. Only those pretenders who know that their gear will no longer protect them from certain thrashing fear this.

I love how Imperial players are the only ones who took part in "stealing" Valor by "exploiting" Ilum. As if kill trading on Ilum could be done without the help of a Republic group willing to sit back are partake in it as well. Maybe you didn't do it yourself, but then again neither did every Imperial player who has Battlemaster gear. Don't assume that just because the other faction has players with better gear than you or most of your faction (since I have no idea what your personal rank or gear situation is like). Instead it could just be that since the majority of players in this game seem the play Imperial (on my server at least) there are more playes with the Battlemaster rank and gear and so you end up fighting more of them in PvP. Bioware also has already stated that the "exploit" on Ilum was not an exploit and that it was working exactly how they intended it to. They were not going to do anything about it. Don't blame the players for the fault of the developers.

Regardless, don't call out someone who you have never met and assume that he's a cheater and a thief who exploited the game instead of someone who is a good player or who just plays a lot of ToR.

cant really be judging all imps on that ilum thing, I realise that it was **** for you guys, but Iwas late to the party... well, who am I kidding, when I got there there were no party.

Ive grinded to 59½ in War Zones, not leaving once! and I am imperial. (not my choice!)

the worst thing I know in pvp is facing empires, because I always seem to run into 20k hp shadows, vanguards.

against imperial in huttball, atleast I dont hate them for it because I know that I might be on their side in the next game.

I can see why you would feel cheated, but fact is, IMO it is a good change to keep the community alive and hopefully growing.

when 1.2 hits, and ranked will be ranked, and casual will be casual, it needs to be easier for someone in casual to say "alright, this pvp is pretty fun, I want to try and join a team" and they cant to that if they need to invest weeks or months to get BM gear.

ranked players will have NO reason to join casual games, unless maybe to buy stims :D

I cannot see why this is a bad change, but I can see how you feel cheated, but you must realise that it will only benefit the game as a whole.

That's not the case on my server.

So maybe, maybe not, we're off topic anyway.

I don't really mind people getting pvp gear more easily since it won't change anything at all, baddies will remain baddies.

What i don't like about this is that we wasted time gearing up in the last two month for something we will be able to get much faster in the next update.

How did you waste time? I mean isn't playing the game period wasting time? Its all for entertainment and fun. With this logic why Do anything now, when something better will come along later. Why buy an Ipad 3 they are just gonna come out with a 4.

I know its an extreme example but its the way things work. Why do people not play the game they have and instead try and play the game they wish it would be.

This is what I don't understand, people say that it is really easy to gear up and new 50s should have to work for the gear. The same people say that new 50s should not get the same gear that they worked so hard to get. Which one is it?

When rated WZ come out I hope everyone has around the same level of pvp gear I have, that way I know I beat them with skill and teamwork, not becuase they have crap gear.

PvP should be about who is the best, not who has on the best gear.

Wrong!

Dumb point is dumb, if they are bad then you'll still beat them even if they are equal geared.

Wrong.

Frankly as a full Battlemaster the suggestion that we've grinded anything makes me laugh so hard Ribena comes out of my nose.

QQ me a river, I didn't even notice I was grinding.

I love how Imperial players are the only ones who took part in "stealing" Valor by "exploiting" Ilum. As if kill trading on Ilum could be done without the help of a Republic group willing to sit back are partake in it as well. Maybe you didn't do it yourself, but then again neither did every Imperial player who has Battlemaster gear. Don't assume that just because the other faction has players with better gear than you or most of your faction (since I have no idea what your personal rank or gear situation is like). Instead it could just be that since the majority of players in this game seem the play Imperial (on my server at least) there are more playes with the Battlemaster rank and gear and so you end up fighting more of them in PvP. Bioware also has already stated that the "exploit" on Ilum was not an exploit and that it was working exactly how they intended it to. They were not going to do anything about it. Don't blame the players for the fault of the developers.

Regardless, don't call out someone who you have never met and assume that he's a cheater and a thief who exploited the game instead of someone who is a good player or who just plays a lot of ToR.

I wasn't referring to kill trading, although that is vile, and the result of poor design.

I was referring to the post 1.1 base-camping valor splurge that resulted in some players achieving BW in a matter of a few hours, and yes it was one-sided and universal in favor or the Imperials. it *was not* the way it was intended, which is why they hot-fixed it within a day. But they *didn't* roll back the valor that the Imperial side got from this, and that was an advantage that has not been corrected.

It means that the playing field is not level. Those are the facts. Sorry that those facts offend you.