Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Excited for 4.0

Nikonthenet
10.01.2015 , 02:43 AM | #11
I've been wondering the same PLynkes! I think they'll manage.

My guess is they've given themselves until Battllfront and the release of the new film -where we can imagine they hope to gain many new subs- to have everything working as intended. Fingers crossed they don't need that long
"as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Teladis
10.01.2015 , 02:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
My only real concern is that with so many changes they are going mess up and it will be buggy and broken for ages.

Because much as I love this game, they aren't that good at this type of thing.

In addition, when doing the Seeker droid treasure hunting, it is possible to dig up a level 50-something beastie that you have to fight. Have they remembered that, or is it going to insta-kill my downscaled character? Also Bonus areas and the Dread-infected areas that are level 53-ish. Have they thought of that?

I'm pretty excited, but also a little worried it is going to be one giant bloody mess of bugs, mistakes and oh-we-didn't-think-of-thats for quite a while.
I agree with you, However, the effort they are putting makes me feel like they want this expansion to be a fresh start. A start over point. So I am hoping they take what they learn over the years, and run with it. Redouble the effort and show the players they can handle it. Having a huge amount of bugs for months will be very bad for this new start.

DisIzMe
10.01.2015 , 03:12 AM | #13
I absolutely loved most of changes but group finder throwing lvl 50s and lvl 65s together is horrible one. Either it will be super easy roflstomping ops or it will involve kicking lvl 50s in order to be able to do those.
Despite boost,lvl 50s will still lack vital abilities learned at much later levels.

RWScissors
10.01.2015 , 03:15 AM | #14
Yes, I'm quite excited. It's why I keep a subscription here.
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Mark Twain

Jedi_riches
10.01.2015 , 05:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yep, I really look foward to this expansion
Me too! unfortunately it sounds like I will prefer levelling in 4.0 so I wont play this game now until early access. Oh well I can go back and replay KOTOR on my PC instead.

Teladis
10.01.2015 , 05:59 AM | #17
Right now wife and I are stuck because we don't have the expansions. This is going to be a very slow long month for us.

Cuiwe
10.01.2015 , 06:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
Some things still bother me (from a completionist point of view) and I hope they will answer them soon.

1) they said you will get an achievement for having done all the story missions

There is the main story line to the end of Ilum, there is makeb and there is the whole Revan thing to the end of Ziost
To get the achievement, do I have to do it with every class or just with one per side?

2) many of my old achievements from two years ago are still bugged. (fleet datacron, ops and stuff)

The new datacron thing is retroactive. How does it work?
I'll answer #1:

Eric Musco answered this in yesterday's stream. He said that in order to clarify that you in fact need to only complete all the 1-50 class stories and ONLY the quests marked as "class story" in order to get this achievement / unlock / whatever. What are "class story" quests? Well...every quest that currently gives you 12x xp. That's how you should orient yourself.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Mowermanx
10.01.2015 , 06:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
I'll answer #1:

Eric Musco answered this in yesterday's stream. He said that in order to clarify that you in fact need to only complete all the 1-50 class stories and ONLY the quests marked as "class story" in order to get this achievement / unlock / whatever. What are "class story" quests? Well...every quest that currently gives you 12x xp. That's how you should orient yourself.
You're only confusing it more as there's plenty of stuff classed and marked as class story. Ilum, Makeb, SoR are all flagged as class.
Anyway, he specifically said finish chapter 3.