Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Excited for 4.0

Teladis
10.01.2015 , 12:23 AM | #1
Every single problem I had with this game, and why I left..4.0 is answering. What happen to Bioware? I lost hope for a long time, and figure this game just was not for me. No group finder, End game that was dull to me, and skill bloat. As you can see from my sig, that was pretty much what I felt at the time. It was a copy of a game I played before with the skills I was using.

4.0 is everything I wanted plus some.

Followers do not need gear. Amazing.

Not needing to buy expansions plus a monthly fee? Thank you!

Level Syncing? Great!

Crafting changes? (wish I knew more but heck it needs it.)

Plan faster content updates? BIG yes, this was a huge issue. To me a mmo is like a service. So this makes me happy.

Choices in stories that matter?

I am shocked. Mind you I am not happy with a few things. Like the whole single player story thing, as I duo with my wife. Yet, I am sure if you could have done it you would have and still made it epic. So even with some things I don't like. I don't mind because the overall game seems like it is heading on the right path. Also the lack of macros irk me, but that is what my mouse is for.

Good Job Bioware. Got my gaming community I hang out with checking things out, and they all seem excited for 4.0. Wish you would have let us have the early expansions sooner. (So we can catch up.)

Hebruixe
10.01.2015 , 02:18 AM | #2
Agreed, most of the changes are very attractive. I was impressed and encouraged to see that they (finally!) fixed the clipping problem with capes and mounts. Keep up the good work Bioware!
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

Tsillah
10.01.2015 , 02:21 AM | #3
Yeh I'm also pretty excited about the datacrons being unlocked legacy wide for example.

All in all, I just saw the transcript on dulfy from last night and it's looking good to me.
Referral link for some extras: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Jedi_riches
10.01.2015 , 02:21 AM | #4
Yeah I am kinda stoked about the changes to 1-50 game, I had deleted most of my high level characters or transfered them off to another server so that I can still do some KoTFE when it comes out.

So I was starting to level all new characters (with 40 characters per server I can now do all A/C's as both male and female) but I think I am just going to stay away until 4.0 hits to level them (most I started are only as far as the capital world anyway).

Fynnlagh
10.01.2015 , 02:24 AM | #5
Some things still bother me (from a completionist point of view) and I hope they will answer them soon.

1) they said you will get an achievement for having done all the story missions

There is the main story line to the end of Ilum, there is makeb and there is the whole Revan thing to the end of Ziost
To get the achievement, do I have to do it with every class or just with one per side?

2) many of my old achievements from two years ago are still bugged. (fleet datacron, ops and stuff)

The new datacron thing is retroactive. How does it work?
unbowed. unbent. unbroken.

The Ebon Company - Jen'Jidai

Jackosaur
10.01.2015 , 02:27 AM | #6
Most of what I saw we already new, but a few little odds and bods getting confirmations was nice.

Still not super psyched about no new ops but it might keep me amused.
[B][SIZE="3"]

Click my referral link to attain oneness with the universe - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Jedi_riches
10.01.2015 , 02:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
1) they said you will get an achievement for having done all the story missions

There is the main story line to the end of Ilum, there is makeb and there is the whole Revan thing to the end of Ziost
To get the achievement, do I have to do it with every class or just with one per side?
They probably just mean finish chapter 3 of each class as that was when the "legacy abilities" become unlocked at the end of the "class personal story"

Fynnlagh
10.01.2015 , 02:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
They probably just mean finish chapter 3 of each class as that was when the "legacy abilities" become unlocked at the end of the "class personal story"
That's what the picture about the achievement made me think too. But a confirmation would be great.
unbowed. unbent. unbroken.

The Ebon Company - Jen'Jidai

Nikonthenet
10.01.2015 , 02:33 AM | #9
All sounds super awesome to me! Can't wait
"as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

PLynkes
10.01.2015 , 02:34 AM | #10
My only real concern is that with so many changes they are going mess up and it will be buggy and broken for ages.

Because much as I love this game, they aren't that good at this type of thing.

In addition, when doing the Seeker droid treasure hunting, it is possible to dig up a level 50-something beastie that you have to fight. Have they remembered that, or is it going to insta-kill my downscaled character? Also Bonus areas and the Dread-infected areas that are level 53-ish. Have they thought of that?

I'm pretty excited, but also a little worried it is going to be one giant bloody mess of bugs, mistakes and oh-we-didn't-think-of-thats for quite a while.