Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rumored downgrading

SebastiaanZ
09.22.2015 , 02:12 PM | #1
I am really disliking this rumor, and I would love it if Bioware (since they promised the release of some blogs this week) could either confirm or tell us what is happening. The downgrading of players' toons to level of the planets (ie a lvl 60 Sin becomes lvl 12-16 on Dromund Kaas) would be an absolute ridiculous move you make, Bioware. Sure, you can do such a thing for operations and flashpoints, but please don't infect solo players with this!

If this rumor would proof to be true, can't you just satisfy players like me by making it optional? Like the GSI Bolster terminal, make a terminal on each planet that allows player to follow this development that will downgrade them to the level of the planet and have players who DO NOT want this, keep the level they are now?

I mean what is the use of levels if you force this upon us? Yes, you are FORCING this upon us, upon players who don't like this. Don't ignore us PLEASE.

Clarify this rumor Bioware, PLEASE.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Nickious
09.22.2015 , 02:18 PM | #2
"Rumored" is implying content that was datamined. Devs, especially ours, arent ones to start rumors. You are treading on dangerous grounds. Especially considering how little time there is left for the xpac to come out.
My Referral LInk: http://www.swtor.com/r/hRqjqk
Admittedly, I get a little bit more out of this deal than you do in the form of free CC but the benefits are nothing to scoff at, including 7 day sub and a free server transfer,
Click here for more info on how you can reap your own rewards.

SebastiaanZ
09.22.2015 , 02:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
"Rumored" is implying content that was datamined. You are treading on dangerous grounds. Especially considering how little time there is left for the xpac to come out.
I heard this through the game, I don't know what source it came from. And it is a topic that really needs an answer from Bioware.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Juromaro
09.22.2015 , 02:25 PM | #4
I don't see the issue with down-leveling people on planets in the 1-55 range, those planets weren't designed with content for level 60+ and the only reason I can see it being such a big issue is that no one can solo World Bosses for the weekly anymore
http://www.swtor.com/r/RXD8tQ -7 Days Free Sub, Preferred Friend Bundle, Free Character Transfer.

HelinCarnate
09.22.2015 , 02:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
I heard this through the game, I don't know what source it came from. And it is a topic that really needs an answer from Bioware.
You heard something, no idea where it came and have no facts to back up the rumor but you feel that BW should address it? Should they do the same for all baseless rumors?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Exodur_Verenus
09.22.2015 , 02:27 PM | #6
I seriously doubt that they will level scale per planet.

OP/Flashpoints is no problem as they can be done on a particular level in isolation and within a particular instance.

The planets however have level ranges, usually in bands of 4, and are open world. Level scaling to planets would remove the need for levels at all so it appears to be counter intuitive to logical RPG progression.

Confident that this will not eventuate
*Waves hand* This is the referral link you are looking for:

http://www.swtor.com/r/bD6C8W

SebastiaanZ
09.22.2015 , 02:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Exodur_Verenus View Post
I seriously doubt that they will level scale per planet.

OP/Flashpoints is no problem as they can be done on a particular level in isolation and within a particular instance.

The planets however have level ranges, usually in bands of 4, and are open world. Level scaling to planets would remove the need for levels at all so it appears to be counter intuitive to logical RPG progression.

Confident that this will not eventuate
Yeah I doubt it too, but an official response from Bioware is required.
It would really be stupid if they did this.
But again it was a rumor I heard in game, and there exists rather a big thread about the same topic. It cannot go unnoticed by Bioware.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Warrgames
09.22.2015 , 02:34 PM | #8
I just heard this rumor on Nar Shadaa so it must be true that Eric is going to second new companion!!!

Spoiler
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Thoronmir
09.22.2015 , 02:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
I just heard this rumor on Nar Shadaa so it must be true that Eric is going to second new companion!!!
A reply from Bioware is required.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

ikinai
09.22.2015 , 02:37 PM | #10
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors,
But I think the devs have a sick sense of humor,
And when I play,
I expect to be downleveled!
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.