What are the weird reasons you picked your class?

Dalanar

We need a fun thread!

What are some of the weird, no-so-normal reasons that you picked the class that you play? I'm not talking about mechanics, or "I've always played melee and I wanted a lightsaber." I mean the random things that may not exist in another game or something small that only you notice.

For me, I love that my SW is always referred to as:

Wrath

It makes me smile constantly! (Kinda hoping Marr and Lana keep calling him that in Fallen Empire).

I also love all 4 voice actors for the Sith classes but I especially love the male voice with the Malak jaw casing modulation, so mine will forever have that as his head slot.

Let's see what everyone else has!

Wanted to be a Sith for my first character, liked the idea of being a Baddy for a change. Didn't know anything about the game. Out of the two choices I picked Inquisitor, pretty much at random.

When it came to Advanced Class I still didn't know much about the game. Picked Assassin because that sounded much cooler than being a Wizard.

Edited by PLynkes

Vader as a child gave me nightmares. He was evil, His breathing was scary, and his very foot steps sent fear to people. So as I understood more about star wars. The Jedi code felt like they are trying to be vulcans. Sith seem far more fun.

So Sith warrior story is by far the best one in my books. I feel like vader. Even my wife Sith Inq quest was so dull next to it. (and all the running around is far worse on her quest also.) That she wanted to get my quest done first.

The person who did Sith Warrior class story is amazing.

i made a sentinel because I wanted my very own blue/black color crystal for my sabers. I was originally using a marauder and at that time, the only way to get a blue/black color crystal was to do ops on the republic side and then legacy transfer it.

I ended up loving my sentinel, and 3 years later, my marauder still has not received that blue/black color crystal lol

Vader as a child gave me nightmares. He was evil, His breathing was scary, and his very foot steps sent fear to people. So as I understood more about star wars. The Jedi code felt like they are trying to be vulcans. Sith seem far more fun.

So Sith warrior story is by far the best one in my books. I feel like vader. Even my wife Sith Inq quest was so dull next to it. (and all the running around is far worse on her quest also.) That she wanted to get my quest done first.

The person who did Sith Warrior class story is amazing.

Agree! And messing with Baras was the best. I'm actually thinking about doing it for a third time before the 12x goes away.

So when I hit max level for my jugg I could go back to lowbie planets and one hit kill things for fun, Sithy uber overkill...guess that's all over soon with down scaling...

Really? Because my level 18 characters can one shot most things on Dromund Kaas right now.

On topic:

I made my characters in continuation of KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I started with a Jedi Guardian in beta, but it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. (Okay, I did everything wrong.) But when the game went live, I started a Sith Marauder with a little better understanding of what the heck I was supposed to be doing and a real personality instead of just LS/DS all the time. The difference was night and day!

But my favorite strange reason for making a character is that I ran my Marauder with my friend's Imperial Agent most of the time. After Chapter 1, I couldn't wait to make my own Agent and make different choices to see what happened. Now I have four agents.

Maybe weird, maybe not...

I spent a good month or so leveling different classes slightly and deleting them as F2P only get two. Settled on the inquisitor for two main reasons. Love his backstory as a slave forces into the Sith trials to either succeed or die. And as a complete noob to MMOs and pretty much PC games in general, force storm. Im happy I kept that one as my main. Just fun to play.

Really? Because my level 18 characters can one shot most things on Dromund Kaas right now.

On topic:

I made my characters in continuation of KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I started with a Jedi Guardian in beta, but it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. (Okay, I did everything wrong.) But when the game went live, I started a Sith Marauder with a little better understanding of what the heck I was supposed to be doing and a real personality instead of just LS/DS all the time. The difference was night and day!

But my favorite strange reason for making a character is that I ran my Marauder with my friend's Imperial Agent most of the time. After Chapter 1, I couldn't wait to make my own Agent and make different choices to see what happened. Now I have four agents.

For me, lowbie planet is any planet under the level of current pixel muppet controlled by keyboard. But it is fun to DoT with a sorc and watch mobs drop dead.