Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I like the fact that we don't know everything about 4.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I like the fact that we don't know everything about 4.0

Chazcon
10.01.2015 , 08:23 AM | #1
How boring if they told us everything BEFORE 4.0 is released? I love the adventure of it.There will be all kinds of goodies in the package, UI stuff, Cartel Market changes, companions, all the gameplay changes, new content, level-sync, man I am pumped about it. I think they are playing it right, keep some surprise, never mind what the trolls and the mindbenders on the forums think.
FOR THE VITAE!
Thod says, "they really don't know what they're doing"

Eillack
10.01.2015 , 08:24 AM | #2

Frenesi
10.01.2015 , 08:27 AM | #3
The way you put it, they are selling us cat in the bag. You can't see it - you have to trust the seller that cat is actually inside and alive.

And since there is NEVER a reason to trust a seller, why would you buy something like that?
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Bobs_YourUncle
10.01.2015 , 08:29 AM | #4
Yeah the only thing I really want to know about beforehand is relating to comms changes, what is available where and how via GF, gameplay mechanics perhaps. That stuff gives me time to prepare. Now that we know you aren't having the higher tier comms converted to basics we know we can get a bit of a headstart on gearing once it starts by saving some up. That's just one personal example. Of course other people would like to know other things so they can be prepared... like about the Nightmare Ops being removed, those weeklies on Makeb and the achievements that go along with it. There's certainly some info they need to give... besides with all these changes, if they just threw us in without any forwarning, we'd likely be spending two days figuring out what all changed and how it works lol.
Morbidum
Level 60 Lightening Sorcerer on The Harbinger

Looking to click a strangers referral link? Here you go.

JediQuaker
10.01.2015 , 08:34 AM | #5
I don't even know what "level sync" is all about, which seems to be the "topic de jour". What ever it is, if I like I'll stay, if I don't, I won't.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Anaesha
10.01.2015 , 08:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I don't even know what "level sync" is all about, which seems to be the "topic de jour". What ever it is, if I like I'll stay, if I don't, I won't.
Simple. You go to DK as a lvl 60 you will be "scaled down" to lvl 18 and your stats will reflect those of a lvl 18 BUT you get to keep your set bonuses as well as all your lvl 60 skills and utilities.

Quraswren
10.01.2015 , 08:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Lets say you're max level. You go back to tython. You will be turned into a level 10 or so. You will get to keep all the skills you got for being max level but everything else about you will be level 10. Hit points, armor, power, crit, surge - everything. You wont block or dodge as you use to.

Your jedi battle master is now a padawan all over again except he has a few more ability buttons than a regular level 10 except they are also very weak as well. Level 10 weak.
Not very exciting for some gamers.

Down scaling isn't the over all problem. It not being an option is.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends