Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The real problems with the current state of PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The real problems with the current state of PVP

Jirian
12.19.2011 , 04:12 PM | #21
While I do agree with most of ur points I have to say why don't you just go back to WoW. Since obviously thats what you want. SWTOR is not WoW, stop trying to make it. Just take it for what it is already. So it's not as responsive as WoW, guess what? Every other player has the same problem. It's not like its giving someone else an advantage over you. The game has to go thru some tweaks obviously, its still not released. Biggest problem for any MMO is all the problems complain its not like WoW but theyre sick of WoW.
And yea there is a lot of CC in the game, but it's not like a class is gonna 2 or 3 shot you. If your getting chained CC by 3 or 4 players, guess what? Your prolly gonna die anyway whether or not you get CC'd. Targeting is an issue tho but again, everyone has the same problem.

Baalzamon
12.19.2011 , 04:17 PM | #22
Yes they really need to fix this fast I hate the ability lag.

Kronus
12.19.2011 , 04:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jirian View Post
While I do agree with most of ur points I have to say why don't you just go back to WoW. Since obviously thats what you want. SWTOR is not WoW, stop trying to make it. Just take it for what it is already. So it's not as responsive as WoW, guess what? Every other player has the same problem. It's not like its giving someone else an advantage over you. The game has to go thru some tweaks obviously, its still not released. Biggest problem for any MMO is all the problems complain its not like WoW but theyre sick of WoW.
And yea there is a lot of CC in the game, but it's not like a class is gonna 2 or 3 shot you. If your getting chained CC by 3 or 4 players, guess what? Your prolly gonna die anyway whether or not you get CC'd. Targeting is an issue tho but again, everyone has the same problem.
There seem to be recurring themes in the responses.

1) Go back to wow.

2) If you're fighting 14,000 versus 1 obviously your going to die.

Responses

1) I haven't played wow for 5 years. I don't plan on going back. It had many of it's own problems. I appreciated it's fluidity and responsiveness. In the pursuit of having an intelligent conversation I made up the term WOWFARM (World of Warcraft Fluidity and Responsiveness Metric) so that people could continue having the conversation without have to say "Well this amorphous thing that I can't quite describe regarding the game not being responsive and fluid to play and sometimes when I use things it takes time but other times things happen that I pressed a while ago but I" and you get the point. It's meant to improve the dialogue not to detract from it. Stop focusing on the fact that the word world of warcraft appears in it.

2) The cc 2v1 is enough for complete lock and rock. I'm not asking for no cc. I'm not asking to be a berserker demon who can take people 2v1. I'm asking to let me move my character and use my abilities so that I can die doing something 2v1.

Jurary
12.19.2011 , 04:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeusThunder View Post
Your logic seems to be: "You weren't top of your bracket in at least 3 other MMO's, therefore your opinion does not matter".

This may be hard for you to hear, but the players who PvP 6 hours a day 7 days a week and take it very seriously are the minority. The majority of players mix PvP in with other activities. Therefore, and again going with your logic, my opinion means more than your opinion.

Personally though, I don't think that number of hours played in PvP = better insight into improvements. Let's just leave the e-peening out of this and have a civil discussion yeah?
This is why your opinion does not matter in the slightest regarding PvP if it is to be changed for the better.
"I'm a Marauder, thus I will destroy you"

Ucalchi
12.19.2011 , 04:30 PM | #25
I agree with the original post.

Cirslis
12.19.2011 , 04:37 PM | #26
So far, under lvl30, I see no reasson playing a melee class. Not sure how it is at max lvl.
As poster above mentioned, You get stuned/slowed and what not, without a chance to do anything serious to your oponent. And I'm talking about warzones.
It's very frustrating.
And yes, response is too slow.

ZeusThunder
12.19.2011 , 04:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurary View Post
This is why your opinion does not matter in the slightest regarding PvP if it is to be changed for the better.
Good post; Obviously it's better to get feedback from people who have played PvP heavily in other MMO's rather then people who PvP in TOR.
For example, being an expert of PvP in WoW makes that person the most qualified to offer suggestions for improvement in TOR since the goal is to make TOR PvP exactly the same as other MMO's have done it. /end sarcasm

Kromzor
12.19.2011 , 04:43 PM | #28
1. L2P

2. Kinda

3. part kinda, part L2P

4. Yeah... 1 2min CC break Vs every class having 2-3+ hard CC's on 45-60sec CD. And don't give me that crap about not being able to live through focus fire in the first place. If you've popped other survivability CDs like 25% less damage, AoE 20% miss chance, etc that should buy you an extra 5+ seconds of life, and thus a chance at getting out of LOS, more heals, capping the huttball, etc etc.

Kronus
12.19.2011 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cirslis View Post
So far, under lvl30, I see no reasson playing a melee class. Not sure how it is at max lvl.
As poster above mentioned, You get stuned/slowed and what not, without a chance to do anything serious to your oponent. And I'm talking about warzones.
It's very frustrating.
And yes, response is too slow.
There are definitely things that you can do as a melee class in the current state of affairs. Every class suffers from the problems I mentioned in the original post. I played a few classes in beta and it's hard to understand their side of things without having had done so. You're leap ability is very hard for other classes to deal with and getting a melee character off once they are on is quite difficult. DPS'ing though generally was easier as a ranged character in pvp. As a melee character I would get near the bottom of the damage charts. As a ranged character I would get near the top of the damage charts. So in that regard you are correct.

romeemperor
12.19.2011 , 04:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeusThunder View Post
4) I don't think there is too much cc, but I see what you're getting at. A cc immunity after being cc'ed for around 3-5 seconds would fix this problem. It isn't that people have too many cc abilities, it's just that players are getting smarter and learning to chain CC by waiting for the current CC to finish before using another one.

This is what resolve is for. Also, my jedi guardian doesnt care about cc. unless its 3+vs 1, they die anyways.