Stop Complaining.

Nubblett

Honestly people...why does everyone complain about the server maintenance and shutdowns we've been having?

server shutdowns are a GOOD thing. for many reasons. it means they are doing what they can to fix issues. this game is still young, and as should be expected, has bugs that need to be ironed out. This cant be done while the servers are live.

cut the developers some slack. they have to deal with people whinging about bugs, then when they bring the servers down to adress those bugs, they have to deal with people whinging about not being able to play.

and before anyone starts comparing this to WoW and their servers having 99% uptime, just think about how old that game is. they've had years to teach themselves how to implement content and features whilst keeping the bugs to a minimum. if you played WoW when it was as young as this game is now, you would know that in those days WoW was more unstable than this game is now.

on another note, the last few times they've brought the servers down for patches, they have come back online hours before they were supposed to. i cant remember that ever happening in WoW.

/end rant

Because Bioware is taking an abnormal approach related to the industry standard. What I am sick and tired of hearing is this nonsense about "at least the game is getting fixed". Well, every other MMO company does it in one weekly maintenance.

They don't drag the servers down willy nilly to fix crap that only affects a minority of players...almost ALL of the stuff they have been taking the servers down outside regular maintenance is inconsequential to the overall performance of the game for the majority of paying customers, and there is NO GOOD REASON it can't wait for next weeks regular maintenance.

Either there are a LOT of MMO virgins playing this game, or the ones whining about downtime have collectively developed amnesia and forgotten that this happens in pretty much every new MMO.

Happens in every new game.

Oh, and so does the downtime. :D

Honestly people...why does everyone complain about the server maintenance and shutdowns we've been having?

server shutdowns are a GOOD thing. for many reasons. it means they are doing what they can to fix issues. this game is still young, and as should be expected, has bugs that need to be ironed out. This cant be done while the servers are live.

cut the developers some slack. they have to deal with people whinging about bugs, then when they bring the servers down to adress those bugs, they have to deal with people whinging about not being able to play.

and before anyone starts comparing this to WoW and their servers having 99% uptime, just think about how old that game is. they've had years to teach themselves how to implement content and features whilst keeping the bugs to a minimum. if you played WoW when it was as young as this game is now, you would know that in those days WoW was more unstable than this game is now.

on another note, the last few times they've brought the servers down for patches, they have come back online hours before they were supposed to. i cant remember that ever happening in WoW.

/end rant

shut your piehole. I can complain as much as I want. As a matter of fact - I'm one of these people contributing to all the downtime, cause I complain about bugs and stuff. I'm making the game better.

/end rant

Only thing is they usually make things worse than fix something :p this hotfix is because of last maintenance **** up...dare i say after this theres is gona be another hotfix to fis todays cockups.

I'd just like to point something out to the common response "its only once a week and a couple of times they had to do something during the week".

Game launched on Dec 20th. There have been 20 patches since launch. Never have 2 been applied the same day. For us that can only play during patch hours that means in 44 days this game has been unavailable to us about 45% of the time.

In other words no, its not once a week, its 3 out of 7 days. Love paying for things i cant use half the time... feels good.

Because Bioware is taking an abnormal approach related to the industry standard. What I am sick and tired of hearing is this nonsense about "at least the game is getting fixed". Well, every other MMO company does it in one weekly maintenance.

They don't drag the servers down willy nilly to fix crap that only affects a minority of players...almost ALL of the stuff they have been taking the servers down outside regular maintenance is inconsequential to the overall performance of the game for the majority of paying customers, and there is NO GOOD REASON it can't wait for next weeks regular maintenance.

Jump and agree

BIOWARE fall in line

Only thing is they usually make things worse than fix something :p this hotfix is because of last maintenance **** up...dare i say after this theres is gona be another hotfix to fis todays cockups.

yes, and like i said above, they need to learn and figure out the best approach to fixing things without breaking other things. give them some time. Blizzard was no different 6 years ago.

Either there are a LOT of MMO virgins playing this game, or the ones whining about downtime have collectively developed amnesia and forgotten that this happens in pretty much every new MMO.

Happens in every new game.

Oh, and so does the downtime. :D

No. Sorry you are wrong. Yes Blizzard took the WoW servers down a lot in the beginning, but NEVER for the kind of minor crap Bioware has been doing. Either they are lying about the severity of what is being fixed...which I doubt, as most people seem to be playing and having fun with no issues...or they are just clueless about what does and does not warrant a server shutdown.

shut your piehole. I can complain as much as I want. As a matter of fact - I'm one of these people contributing to all the downtime, cause I complain about bugs and stuff. I'm making the game better.

complaining is good.. how you complain is bad....

and stop being self rightgious about your complaining..

you arnet saving the world you are whining about a videogame

Greetings!

We are closing this thread. While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community. If you have feedback, we encourage you to contact us at communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thanks for understanding!

Edited by Ellvaan