seems like every night they do an update

BCrab

Stop complaining, I am happy there doing this to fix bugs, my wife's toon got stuck the other night and a gm had to port her back to the fleet which is a serious bug and obviously there trying to fix bugs like that. Finally a company listening to the community :)

as an austrlian this has a huge impact on me. Servers go down right when I get home from work and last until I go to bed.

I can see how this sucks, but there isn't much they can do for you, the Australlia/New Zealand release is planned for early spring 2012, until then just be happy you can access the game.

Just pick one night a week and do updates, getting annoyed with constant shutdowns.

Releasing a patch to fix errors where people are getting lag, problems loading, game freezing up, etc. is not "doing an update". This isn't weekly maintenance to fix minor bugs or updated content. When there is problem that affects the ability of people to access and play the game, they are going to fix that as soon as possible, not sit around and wait a week to fix it with the next weekly maintenance.

as an austrlian this has a huge impact on me. Servers go down right when I get home from work and last until I go to bed.

You're not alone. Servers shutdown at best an hour after i get home, provided I get off work in time. usually, i get enough time to log in and get some crafting or something started before they drop. Sometimes, I don't even get that much if they lock them early.

last i checked (i could be wrong now) but TOR isnt officialy out in australia. so i dont think BW cares

They will care when all the Aussies and Kiwi's leave the unofficial 'Oceanic' US servers and join the ones based in the Oceanic region. Think about how may upset Americans and other minorities there will be when they realise they have no-one to play against on the server.

See what I did there?

I am a nocturnal creature, so these CONSTANT downtimes are quite bothersome. If you're going to take away half my playtime, give me back half my money. I understand you need to fix some bugs, but find a NEW WAY. Open some servers on the test realm, stagger server downtimes, something besides just shutting them ALL down at once.

If other games can avoid downtimes, and one MMO can have NO global resets, then I don't see why Bioware can't follow suit, and find a way to make patches WITHOUT these constant downtimes.

Same here. I live on the East Coast, but because of work my play times are Aussie prime times. I like the fact that they are fixing the game.. but there is a fine line to walk here. An example would be a waiter. I am sure everyone here likes the focus of a waiter to ask if everything is ok and not just ignore you during your meal.. but if that waiter is coming over to your table and asking you questions every 3 - 5 minutes, well.. it is too much and it gets annoying.

Same here. I like that they are fixing it.. but too many down times during my play time gets annoying. I am not going to quit the game over something like this (unfortunately, I had to type this out because I am sure some large-foreheaded neck-beard will say I am going back to WoW), but if Bioware wants to listen to their fans so bad, well then listen to us who are getting screwed out of our play time!

Releasing a patch to fix errors where people are getting lag, problems loading, game freezing up, etc. is not "doing an update". This isn't weekly maintenance to fix minor bugs or updated content. When there is problem that affects the ability of people to access and play the game, they are going to fix that as soon as possible, not sit around and wait a week to fix it with the next weekly maintenance.

This.

These emergency patches will even out after a few months I would imagine.

Oh no! Too much updates!

Its like they care about how game is doing...

Unbelievable! ;)

If they really cared they would check the fixes before they did them.

Just read the notes for the update.

HOPEFULLY this will fix it.

Really hopefully?

It's ridiculous! What stuttering, what freezing issues???

Never had any!

Did you read the 1st sentence for the reason.

Since the latest patch (1.1.1), we’ve been seeing reports about players dealing with hitching and freezing issues.

That means some players are having problems. It could be related to a OS or video card type only. But it is hurting them players so a fix had to be made ASAP.

I did see a delay one time in 4 hours. But that does not mean others are not having it all the time.

Edited by Romiz

Seems they trying to make game run on sub-standard machines even though everyone knew this game required higher end hardware, well before it was released

/shrug

I really hate that they are bending over for people with sub-standard machines. Its ******** that the people that upgraded their machines to play this game on max settings, thinking I would actually get max settings, like me, get ****ed over.

Edited by LordTyrantXerxis