Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo
08.18.2017 , 11:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we continued to look at the changes we had planned, supporting data, and player feedback, we have decided that we are not going to be making any changes to Operative and Scoundrel healing in 5.4. Right now, these Disciplines are overperforming in HPS and we do feel that they will need to be nerfed at some point. However, even though their HPS is high, due to the Disciplines lack of burst healing it can be quite challenging to keep players, especially tanks, alive. For that reason we are going to hold off on any broader HPS nerfs until we address the burst healing issues of the Class.

We are going to take a look at this for 5.5 and see if that will be the time to make these adjustments. Once we get closer to that update I will let you know what our plans are for Medicine and Sawbones! Thanks everyone.

-eric

So now you are looking at other things than raw HPS/DPS all of a sudden? Why not when balancing DPS classes and also Sage/Sorcerer healing before?

I hope you've finally learned that only bringing DPS/HPS to a level doesn't constitute balance and you have to take all kinds of things into account as well. Back to the drawing board, kids!

Verain
08.18.2017 , 11:20 AM | #12
While balancing dps around spreadsheet numbers with tweaks for how damaged is delivered has merit, similar changes to healing is generally a much harder sell. I don't have any skin in the ground game pve balance game, but I raided WoW enough to know that the highest HPS classes were often not something you wanted to stack, etc. If you want to balance healers like this, you end up having to homogenize them heavily so that the comparisons are meaningful. The same issues can apply to dps, but are by no means likely to do so.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

kissingaiur
08.18.2017 , 11:21 AM | #13
FeelsGoodMan
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Ive transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

AdjeYo
08.18.2017 , 11:23 AM | #14
Oh thank god, I was getting scared with these changes being posted so late. I can definitely appreciate waiting with nerfing single target hps and AoE healing before addressing its burst healing. That said I do think changes to Medicine are warranted, so I hope to see (good!) changes in 5.5

funnypat
08.18.2017 , 11:41 AM | #15
\o/ love it - faith in humanity restored for now
Rly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

GUN_GAME
08.18.2017 , 11:47 AM | #16
FeelsGoodMan
Katrin'ka - DM

Sargrith
08.18.2017 , 11:54 AM | #17
Hey folks,

As we continued to look at the changes we had planned, supporting data, and player feedback, we have decided that we are not going to be making any changes to Operative and Scoundrel healing in 5.4. Right now, these Disciplines are overperforming in HPS and we do feel that they will need to be nerfed at some point. However, even though their HPS is high, due to the Disciplines lack of burst healing it can be quite challenging to keep players, especially tanks, alive. For that reason we are going to hold off on any broader HPS nerfs until we address the burst healing issues of the Class.

We are going to take a look at this for 5.5 and see if that will be the time to make these adjustments. Once we get closer to that update I will let you know what our plans are for Medicine and Sawbones! Thanks everyone.

-eric

That's a shame. So are you only looking at overall play when it comes to certain classes? Because it certainly hasn't been the case with other classes.

Kyuuu
08.18.2017 , 12:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
So now you are looking at other things than raw HPS/DPS all of a sudden? Why not when balancing DPS classes and also Sage/Sorcerer healing before?

I hope you've finally learned that only bringing DPS/HPS to a level doesn't constitute balance and you have to take all kinds of things into account as well. Back to the drawing board, kids!
im sure they didnt learn,

ultimarb
08.18.2017 , 12:19 PM | #19
Hey folks,

-eric

so nerfing burst heal and aoe heal for sorcs was ok?

DenariusJay
08.18.2017 , 12:25 PM | #20
We are so overpowering in HPS that we can barely keep a tank alive!

And therein lies the reason why you shouldn't be balancing solely off numbers and dummy parses.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington