Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.18.2017 , 10:18 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As we continued to look at the changes we had planned, supporting data, and player feedback, we have decided that we are not going to be making any changes to Operative and Scoundrel healing in 5.4. Right now, these Disciplines are overperforming in HPS and we do feel that they will need to be nerfed at some point. However, even though their HPS is high, due to the Disciplines lack of burst healing it can be quite challenging to keep players, especially tanks, alive. For that reason we are going to hold off on any broader HPS nerfs until we address the burst healing issues of the Class.

We are going to take a look at this for 5.5 and see if that will be the time to make these adjustments. Once we get closer to that update I will let you know what our plans are for Medicine and Sawbones! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

shyroman
08.18.2017 , 10:23 AM | #2
Thank you for not nerfing their hps without also addressing their burst healing at the same time. I know many op healers that thank you right now for understanding the problem of the class and that their burst needs to be fixed.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

TUXs
08.18.2017 , 10:25 AM | #3
I'm glad you guys are listening...I just wish you'd have done this with all classes.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Exocor
08.18.2017 , 10:29 AM | #4
Good decision. However, in my opinion, the Scoundrel can stay, where it is. There just has to be a little nerf to AoE-healing - like increasing the CD of Kolto Waves for example.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

supertimtaf
08.18.2017 , 10:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Good decision. However, in my opinion, the Scoundrel can stay, where it is. There just has to be a little nerf to AoE-healing - like increasing the CD of Kolto Waves for example.
That's not "stay where it is" if you nerf something out of it, am I wrong ?

Yeah, a longer cd on it could work but they would need to improve solo target healing as well in order to make up for it.

But I'm more thinking about a Kolto Probe nerf, since the healing done by it is quite big, even with dps spec. ^^
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Jerba
08.18.2017 , 10:37 AM | #6
I was very worried when I saw that changes for Sawbones are being planned because from my experience, the spec is not overperforming, neither in PvE nor PvP.
I agree that the theoretical HPS from AoEs (Kolto Cloud, Kolto Waves) is too strong, but there are only very few boss fights where you have 8 players stacking together, and those are usually the easier fights (Malaphar, Nefra). Keeping up SRMPs on the whole group also results in a high HPS, but is impossible to keep up with no reliable HoT tracker, and any required burst healing causing stacks to fall off.
I wouldn't mind a nerf to Kolto Cloud and Kolto Waves, but the other healing abilities should be left untouched. Scoundrels have been the weakest healing class pretty much since 3.0, and only because of the 5.3 Sorc nerfs are we no longer in last place. Meanwhile Merc healers were left unchanged. I would hate to see us nerfed even more; if anything we need a buff to burst healing, and for PvP some interrupt or knockback immunity like the other healers have, ideally after using our roll.

supertimtaf
08.18.2017 , 10:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
and for PvP some interrupt or knockback immunity like the other healers have, ideally after using our roll.
I was thinking about that too. Maybe like Lightning sorcerer ? "Being interrupted grant Unshakable for 4 seconds, can occur only every 15sec". This way it should still allow you to be interrupted, while not being too much punished for it. The only thing that bothered me with Operative Healer is that unlike every other healing class, you're the only one that could get interrupted non-stop. :/

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

CraigOnXD
08.18.2017 , 10:47 AM | #8
kay cool...now where are those damn Utility changes (im looking at mercs)

supertimtaf
08.18.2017 , 10:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CraigOnXD View Post
kay cool...now where are those damn Utility changes (im looking at mercs)
Probably in a world where the priority of class balance changes are right ? *jk*

AllisonLightning
08.18.2017 , 11:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we continued to look at the changes we had planned, supporting data, and player feedback, we have decided that we are not going to be making any changes to Operative and Scoundrel healing in 5.4. Right now, these Disciplines are overperforming in HPS and we do feel that they will need to be nerfed at some point. However, even though their HPS is high, due to the Disciplines lack of burst healing it can be quite challenging to keep players, especially tanks, alive. For that reason we are going to hold off on any broader HPS nerfs until we address the burst healing issues of the Class.

We are going to take a look at this for 5.5 and see if that will be the time to make these adjustments. Once we get closer to that update I will let you know what our plans are for Medicine and Sawbones! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you! I would have loved for our overheals to be acknowledged as skewing our HPS numbers higher than they are but thank you for recognizing and showing restraint than breaking us. You guys just earned the extra sub time I'm buying this week!
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.