Anyone know how to fix this?

Lunafox

I keep getting 'not secure' come up on the swtor website. Why this is a problem is that I wanted to buy some coins through the website rather than within the game internally.

It's telling me it's not secure, and even when I went with google's suggestion to try https it wouldn't work. I tried another search engine, microsoft edge and it wouldn't come up there either. It keeps saying it's not secure and I can't put my transaction through. It used to be fine (like a couple of days ago) and would go straight to paypal, no issues and now today it's being uncooperative.

Anyone know what's going on? It's a nuisance not to be able to use the store.

PS:

This is what comes up and running the diagnostic doesn't turn up any problem. Anyone know how to fix the issue or what the problem is? Is it on their end, cause it seems to be? I tried putting under bug reports, but it seems no one goes there, I'm talking to myself lol.

https://i.imgur.com/tDSso8W.jpg

If you want to get CC right now then go buy the Card off Amazon then redeem the code in your account, no need to wait for CS to pin point out the problem and it could take up from hours or days and at the end you will have to talk with them on the phone and they will advise you to buy card off Amazon :D Edited by Xbladez

I was sure I'd seen someone mention this before and did a search and found this thread. As this involves buying Cartel Coins I thought they'd be all over this :confused: You may want to submit a ticket and/or PM Eric who should be able to pass your issue onto those in the know

If you want to get CC right now then go buy the Card off Amazon then redeem the code in your account, no need to wait for CS to pin point out the problem and it could take up from hours or days and at the end you will have to talk with them on the phone and they will advise you to buy card off Amazon :D

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I did try to clear out my cache and such, but that has had no effect either. Like you said, Sarova, you'd think they'd be all over this to resolve it, as it does affect their sales. I guess the other thing I can do is pay off some more on my credit card and buy within the game, as in the game it's hooked to my credit card rather than paypal which I can choose on the site. I didn't want to have to go that way, but I guess, I gotta do what I gotta do. Such a pain, I hope they fix it soon.

Thanks again, much appreciated. <3

Edited by Lunafox

What browser are you using?

Google chrome...I tried to see if I could fix it through that, but no luck. :/

Edit to Add: Tried it again, it's definitely broken, now it takes you straight to EA's homepage instead of the steps you go through for the coins. Guess I'll wait til they sort it.

Edited by Lunafox

Alot of people are having this problem, it was working perfectly fine for me earlier but now whenever i try to buy CC it redirects me to the EA homepage, i asked ingame if anyone else was having the same problem and got alot of agreement, I also cant buy CC ingame, getting the error code 10 again Edited by TaylorBren

Thanks guys. Guess that's what I'll have to do. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

Personally, I always buy my game time codes from Amazon and then apply them to my account. I don't buy CCs, but I'm sure it works pretty much the same.

Why do I do this? Because I want to use a site that is not a prime target of game hackers, and Amazon has by far the best security protocols against this sort of thing. EA is just too big a target on the internet, and the way they have Origin set up to infest everything.. I avoid it like the plague.

Edited by Andryah

Personally, I always buy my game time codes from Amazon and then apply them to my account. I don't buy CCs, but I'm sure it works pretty much the same.

Why do I do this? Because I want to use a site that is not a prime target of game hackers, and Amazon has by far the best security protocols against this sort of thing. EA is just too big a target on the internet, and the way they have Origin set up to infest everything.. I avoid it like the plague.

Sounds like solid reasoning as usual. :) I appreciate the advice and the reasons. Works for me. ^^

Edit to Add: Tried it again, it's definitely broken, now it takes you straight to EA's homepage instead of the steps you go through for the coins. Guess I'll wait til they sort it.

I use Google Chrome and bought some this evening using paypal no problem. I don't like having sites with my cc info, so I try to funnel as much of my purchases that way because of their protections. Have you tried using paypal?

You can also use prepaid (gift) credit cards on Amazon to keep even more of your personal information private. For example, if it's a Visa / MC / AE gift card, you just have to make up a name and address for the billing information.

I use Google Chrome and bought some this evening using paypal no problem. I don't like having sites with my cc info, so I try to funnel as much of my purchases that way because of their protections. Have you tried using paypal?

That's the issue I was having, I didn't want to use my credit card cause atm it's maxed and it's what is connected to my ingame store...so that's why I came to the website store, where I have the option to use paypal instead of credit card. It would go along normally enough, until it came time to flip over to the paypal site and then an error would come up, it won't let me use paypal. Been like that all day for me, tried again a few hours ago and it now goes to the EA page instead of the steps for the coins. I'm not going to worry about it for now, just use Amazon from now on.

It probably is browser/script blocker/av plugin or security/AV software related. I remember there was a problem for some users with a specifiv av solution that was topic in these forums a while back. Try another browser for starters and try to temporariliy deactivate your av/sec solution.

I haven't seen if you've tried FireFox. If not, then try it.