Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fabsus
06.19.2019 , 12:28 AM | #221
so i hope the fix works right?

i wanna send some thanks to the support team, especially chris,
who ported my bunch of characters to the fleet, that i can spend
millions in the slot machines.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

Thargor
06.19.2019 , 03:45 AM | #222
Hi - I dont think the Problem is being solved. I have more than 60 chars on serveral servers. I can only move some of them to empty strongholds - especially newer ones. Login does last for more than 10 minutes to come to the character select screen - if ever. Actually the game is not playable in this state as I cannot move my chars and follow my business developing them.

Let me know what we can do about this.

Best regards Thargor
Tyraan - Sith Assassin The Jedi Tower
Thargorxx - Jedi Consular T3-M4
Gayl - Sith Sorcerer T3-M4
All of them DD Spec - the damage is done.

SithAvaricious
06.19.2019 , 04:57 AM | #223
Is anyone else having a problem with their loading screen? As soon as I press launch the loading screen lingers for just a little bit then completely closes down

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 05:09 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Here ya' go, I'll give you a good one:

So I'm working as an automotive tech, and we get a new truck towed in because it won't start. We do the relevant diagnostics, call with the estimate which the customer approves, and we do the work. Come time to pick the truck up, and the customer doesn't want to pay. Is it poor customer service that I made him pay instead of allowing him to take the truck w/out paying? The point being, there's a lot more to working with the general public than getting your coke wrong at the drive thru.
I don’t disagree, I was just giving a basic analogy. One of my early jobs was customer escalations for Quicken. All support was paid for and trying to explain it was user error and they needed to pay was always a “fun” discussion.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 05:13 AM | #225
So does anyone know if the fix is actually 100% working.

Aghasett
06.19.2019 , 06:04 AM | #226
For me this problem has gotten worse and worse every day since the start of the 2nd week of the Dantooine event, and now the game is totally unplayable. I have four bars for a minute or two then connectivity drops to the red x and then I get disconnected from the server. No improvement whatsoever since the last "fix."

kodrac
06.19.2019 , 12:44 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I don’t disagree, I was just giving a basic analogy. One of my early jobs was customer escalations for Quicken. All support was paid for and trying to explain it was user error and they needed to pay was always a “fun” discussion.
Everyone should work in retail or food service at some point in their life just to see what it's like on the other side. All the scams people try to pull at the register, explaining store policies and why they have to have them, no the customer is not always right especially when you're trying to scam your way to a free meal, what bait and switch actually means, being yelled at for trying to explain why a size 2 didn't fit and no I won't give you compensation, the crap they do in and to changing rooms, etc. You would come to the conclusion that people are idiots and we need to be nicer to each other.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 07:49 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Everyone should work in retail or food service at some point in their life just to see what it's like on the other side. All the scams people try to pull at the register, explaining store policies and why they have to have them, no the customer is not always right especially when you're trying to scam your way to a free meal, what bait and switch actually means, being yelled at for trying to explain why a size 2 didn't fit and no I won't give you compensation, the crap they do in and to changing rooms, etc. You would come to the conclusion that people are idiots and we need to be nicer to each other.
LoL, completely agree. Although some people are too idiotic to even work in retail or fast food.

My first Job was a Maca’s Manager. A retailer and state manager for a big retail chain. CS call centre Management, I’ve been IT tech support for MS, Corel, Quicken, Netgear, IBM... An IT state sales manager... eventually owner of my own IT business.

My whole work life always had a customer dimension to is somewhere. I can teach customer service and best practice. But you can’t teach common sense or logic because it’s not that common

ThomasStarWars
06.19.2019 , 08:36 PM | #229
I can't even run the game for more than 10 minutes before it just freezes on my and locks my computer up or I have to force it shut through windows error.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 09:19 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
I can't even run the game for more than 10 minutes before it just freezes on my and locks my computer up or I have to force it shut through windows error.
Was this happening before the last patch?