Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Gain Command Levels?

istvana
06.18.2019 , 06:18 PM | #1
I used the double xp event to get three new characters to 70 and a fourth over 50. Today I started on weeklies to get the 10,000+ command experience per week (ignoring the extra cxp from the dailies and any boosts) and I suddenly asked myself - why am I doing that?

Command ranks will go bye-bye and we will all be renown rank 1 in September if I read things correctly. So no reason to get high rank. Unless one to 300 for the legacy boost is good if that boost will apply to renown. Gear of course will be useless after the level boost - granted gear always becomes useless over time but this is only 3 months away.

Command crates give odds and ends like crafting materials, items to trade in at the cartel market and at least two types of pets, both of which I have enough of. Is this the only real reason to work on command ranks now? If so I need to think hard about whether it is time to relax for three months, enjoy places like Dantooine and not care whether any of my new 70s even hit command rank 100.

KoriVash
06.18.2019 , 06:31 PM | #2
Depends on what you need. Command crates do still give gear which can be useful dependant on play-style. New creates with the legacy gear is still a few months away.

For me free companion gifts, free cosmetic gear, odd mount I do like (tho not all) Rep points on the very few rep venders not maxed out, and as a crafter the jawa mats do come in useful. Still make them wanted by me and I see it as something for nothing as I would be doing what I am doing in-game regardless of crates as a reward.

However gaining crates just for the sake of gain crates won't be useful for everyone with renown coming out in a few months.

Atma
06.18.2019 , 07:36 PM | #3
It's just free cash at this point. I never go out of my way to grind CXP.

IoNonSoEVero
06.18.2019 , 08:09 PM | #4
There's also the achievement (which pays CCs) for getting each class to level 300, and another for getting all eight classes to 300, so if you want to complete achievements, there's that, and those won't be attainable once 6.0 drops.

Sarlegant
06.18.2019 , 08:26 PM | #5
Good story..

istvana
06.19.2019 , 10:45 AM | #6
Thanks for replies. Decisions, decisions.

Darevsool
06.19.2019 , 10:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
There's also the achievement (which pays CCs) for getting each class to level 300, and another for getting all eight classes to 300, so if you want to complete achievements, there's that, and those won't be attainable once 6.0 drops.
In my opinion, this is the ONLY reason to worry about it now.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

lightSaberAddiCt
06.19.2019 , 11:10 AM | #8
Because the more command levels make you "RESPECT MY AUTHOORITI"
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

cibacrome
06.19.2019 , 11:24 AM | #9
It's about the UC for me, but honestly pretty much everything I do (Ops mostly) makes it rain crates, so I don't really grind for cxp, it just kind of happens along with whatever else I'm doing.

Batwer
06.19.2019 , 12:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
All I need is another Toon for success. Then I only grind money to 6.0.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6