Event calendar on september. Anyone know?

NiebieskiKrakow

You will know as soon as we do, which will be whenever they get around to updating the In-Game Events page. It used to be that page would be updated before the new month. Then the updates kept coming later until it was only a couple days before, then a couple days after, and now it has been taking over a week into the new month before the page is updated. Until they update it we will not know the events for September.

It really does not make sense why it takes so long. The events rotate on a planned schedule and that only changes when a new event is added. Sure, we have had two new events added within the past year, but it is unlikely that such a rollout will continue. So why not just publish the sequence? If the sequence was published then we would always know the next event by just looking at the Conquest tab on the Log. If they did that the page would only need to be updated when a new event is added, or to add details about a special event such as Nightlife, Life Day, or the new feast event coming Soon™.

Until they update it we will not know the events for September.

It really does not make sense why it takes so long. The events rotate on a planned schedule and that only changes when a new event is added. .

Because there have been some recent....complications: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983425

It's possible BioWare's work-from-home situation (remote server code) has messed up their routine and/or efficiency. /shrug

Edited by Nee-Elder

Because there have been some recent....complications: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983425

It's possible BioWare's work-from-home situation (remote server code) has messed up their routine and/or efficiency. /shrug

Which was just a visual bug, as per Daniel's post, that did not affect the sequence of events. Of course, that same visual bug has struck again and is saying that next week is Pirate Incursion again. If they posted the sequence of events then we would know which event is supposed to be next regardless of the date and regardless of any visual bug.

Currently we know that the last few events were:

• All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally -- 30 June - 7 July
  • Rakghoul Resurgence (Alderaan) -- 14 - 21 July
  • All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally -- 28 July - 4 August
  • Bounty Contract Week -- 11 - 18 August
  • Pirate Incursion -- 25 August - 1 September

Next week should be Relics of the Gree followed by Rakghoul Resurgence but we do not know for certain. If only they would published the sequence for the events, only needing to update it when there is a change such as a new event, we would know.

Edited by ceryxp

If they posted the sequence of events then we would know which event is supposed to be next regardless of the date and regardless of any visual bug.

Except the only problem with that is: Most players never bother coming to the forums, much less read the 'events page' every month.

But anyways, BioWare is now aware: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983884

Except the only problem with that is: Most players never bother coming to the forums, much less read the 'events page' every month.

But anyways, BioWare is now aware: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983884

Except for all the people requesting it to be updated. And I replied in that thread asking when we will be getting back to a regular schedule for events because I am not looking forward to having Swoop Rally every second or third event. With the current schedule it will have been four months since the last Relics of the Gree event; longer if it does not come on 13 October.

Really? Again? The last few Conquest events have been:

• All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally -- 30 June - 7 July
  • Rakghoul Resurgence (Alderaan) -- 14 - 21 July
  • All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally -- 28 July - 4 August
  • Bounty Contract Week -- 11 - 18 August
  • Pirate Incursion -- 25 August - 1 September

So, Rakghoul Resurgence on Alderaan again, and Swoop Rally again, again, but no Relics of the Gree for over two months. When can we expect to get back to a regular rotating schedule of events instead of Swoop Rally every two or three events?

And I replied in that thread

asking when we will be getting back to a regular schedule for events because I am not looking forward to having Swoop Rally every second or third event. With the current schedule it will have been four months since the last Relics of the Gree event; longer if it does not come on 13 October.

"four" months? i thought you said two months, no?

Regardless, yeah i saw your post , but (so far at least) it doesn't appear that BioWare is going to directly respond.

I really don't understand why the higher-up core Devs don't post more often and offer up more transparency to help alleviate all the conspiracies & confusions.

Of course, from their point-of-view, maybe it's just one of those "can't please everyone no matter what we do" type situations. /shrug

"four" months? i thought you said two months, no?

Regardless, yeah i saw your post , but (so far at least) it doesn't appear that BioWare is going to directly respond.

I really don't understand why the higher-up core Devs don't post more often and offer up more transparency to help alleviate all the conspiracies & confusions.

Of course, from their point-of-view, maybe it's just one of those "can't please everyone no matter what we do" type situations. /shrug

Well, I said "over two months," and that was just an estimate from end of June to now. If Relics of the Gree does not return on 13 October, and the last time it could have run would have been on 16 June, as 30 June was Swoop Rally, then yes that would mean that 120 days, or 3 months and 28 days, have passed since the last time that event ran. If Gree does not return until 27 October that will be at least 134 days, or 4 months and 12 days, since the last occurrence. And that depends on Gree having run the week of 16 June. One moment. Let me confer with the Google machine, and...it did not. The week of 16 June was a Bounty Contract week and 2 June was a Rakghoul Resurgence week. The last time we had a Relics of the Gree week was 19 May. So, if 13 October is a Gree week, that means almost five months.

This is something that people brought up when Swoop Rally was released. With five events that will mean 10 weeks between recurrences of an event if they follow a schedule, but since BW has decided to repeat a single event three times within the past 13 weeks the whole schedule is screwed up and it will be (approx) five months between occurrences of the Gree event.

So my question to BioWare stands, when will we get back to a regular schedule for the events?