Re-balance Scrap/ Parts/ Jawa Junk prices

KaleTogras

After a month and a half of play I got all the tacticals and gear sets I would need, leaving only augments and kits to take care of. During that time, I accumulated about 70k scrap pieces, 35k parts and 13k jawa junk. Seemed like a nice haul! I ran down to the scrap peddlers and, for all that bounty, I could get...around 350 rank 11 greens, 175 blues and 65 purples.

Crafting a single Augmentation Kit MK-11 requires 40 blues and 5 Assembled components (each of which requires 20 blues and 11 greens). So, in total, if I were to convert my scraps directly for crafting mats, without converting Scrap to Parts or spending money to buy them, I could craft...almost 3 Kits. Not quite, but almost.

3 kits...for a month and a half of play! What are these 3 kits worth on GTN now-a-days? Around 2.1kk. in strictly monetary terms, if I spent 7 minutes doing two short heroic missions for 46k credits every day for 45 days, I would have had the equivalent value of 35k droid parts I made in the month and a half. Once you factor in the costs of actually learning schematics and getting to higher crafting ranks, the value of scrap devolves down to Iranian rial levels! At this point, keeping scrap is LITERALLY not worth the space in my 5-bay Legacy hold!

BW...I love you guys, but c'mon! The scrap prices need to go down to at least 70 scrap per mat of equivalent rarity (50 would be ideal, if still a bit pricey). You do not need to wait until 6.8 to do this, you can do it as early as the December crafting patch. Thanks.

Edited by KaleTogras

Whoops, made a mistake - most of the cost of Augmentation Kits is down to components that you cannot get from scrap.

So the monetary value of scrap is actually FAR, FAR LESS than the 46k per day number I cited.

Jesus Christ...

Edited by KaleTogras