phantom stride, rotational or not?

MusicRider

After opening... is phantom stride to be used rotationally or not while in 4m range, given from what I have tested in on gcd? And when reckless up, worth it then?

From what I've seen, most peoples use the Reaper's Rush utility in PvE, which allows a big numbers of Phantom Stride on boss fights with a lot of adds (Brontes, Styrak, underlurker...), hence giving you plenty of Discharge to use.

Also with this utility you can use your assassinate on your target without any health restriction (In Deception, Assassinate cost only 10 Force while dealing quite decent damage. Great for Force Management and fluid rotation).

So yeah, you want to use Phantom Stride when it's available to proc your discharge, even if you're in melee range. Priority order is still Recklessness > Phantom Stride because of the auto-crit bonus, who will apply to 2 Discharge instead of one. This also count with your opening. ;)

The point with P.S. is that it isn't on GCD, allowing you to use it quickly without any dps loss. It's a free Discharge, so I don't see why you shouldn't be using it. Just be carefull on the final phase of Revan, with the machine core because P.S. will actually teleport you back by a few meters, outside of the damage circle. ;)

From what I've seen, most peoples use the Reaper's Rush utility in PvE, which allows a big numbers of Phantom Stride on boss fights with a lot of adds (Brontes, Styrak, underlurker...), hence giving you plenty of Discharge to use.

Also with this utility you can use your assassinate on your target without any health restriction (In Deception, Assassinate cost only 10 Force while dealing quite decent damage. Great for Force Management and fluid rotation).

So yeah, you want to use Phantom Stride when it's available to proc your discharge, even if you're in melee range. Priority order is still Recklessness > Phantom Stride because of the auto-crit bonus, who will apply to 2 Discharge instead of one. This also count with your opening. ;)

Thanks and yes ofc with reck before stride, thats the reason I was mentioning it. At the moment it makes perfect sense in the opening, reck>discharge at 10m>stride to close gap and dischage again but at melee range wasn;t sure given that.... on your next point.

The point with P.S. is that it isn't on GCD, allowing you to use it quickly without any dps loss. It's a free Discharge, so I don't see why you shouldn't be using it. Just be carefull on the final phase of Revan, with the machine core because P.S. will actually teleport you back by a few meters, outside of the damage circle. ;)

Are you sure PS is not on gcd? When I use it, abilities refresh with gcd. If it is not then absolutely, wouldn't even ask but from what I have seen on my assasin it seems to be on gcd.

Are you sure PS is not on gcd? When I use it, abilities refresh with gcd. If it is not then absolutely, wouldn't even ask but from what I have seen on my assasin it seems to be on gcd.

Yep, I'm sure of it, so does Holotraverse for the operative. These are two ability out of GCD. Try it again, without touching anything else. Or spam Lacerate (it triggers the gcd, allowing you to see which ability is affected by it or not) :rak_03:

Thanks and yes ofc with reck before stride, thats the reason I was mentioning it. At the moment it makes perfect sense in the opening, reck>discharge at 10m>stride to close gap and dischage again but at melee range wasn;t sure given that

Well, the point of a dps is to deal the most damage possible.

The thing with P.S. is that it won't makes your next discharge an auto-crit.

Recklessness on the other hand makes the 2 next force ability an auto-crit.

So instead of having [P.S. -> Discharge (9k) -> Reck -> Discharge (20k)] you're having [Reck -> Discharge (20k) -> P.S. -> Discharge (20k)]

Also, the cooldown on P.S. is 30sec, the cooldown on recklessness is a bit bigger than 1min, even with set bonus. This allow you to use 1 recklessness every two phantom stride (excluding Force Cloak to make it reset, which is mandatory on every boss fight)

Edited by supertimtaf

• 2 weeks later...