Few Questions

PrincessFireSK

#1 Do I really have to play with people when i'm a subscriber?

#2 Do I really have to get in a guild for heroics when I'm a Subscriber?

#3 When will planet cap be off from people who subscribed? (Solo)

#4 What features will I be getting when I subscribe and then not pay anymore? (subscriber transfer to prefer status)

#5 What are the most fun SWTOR classes?

#6 How much help support will subscriber get over prefer status players?

#7 When subscribe do I truly only get to pick 8 when going back to prefer status?

#8 When it comes to development will their be new expansions in the features for low level content?

#9 Will there be more planets to explore for side missions and main missions for subscribers?

#10 When subscription is over do I still get some perks such as cartel coins for getting subscription, Expansion packs, gear, purple advancement authorization equipment, crew authorization, 80 cargo bank space, max level unless otherwise level.

#11 Will there be more awesome gear later in game content?

#12 Will the expansion be at your own level to play if we can't make it to high levels in the future?

#13 Which side is best to start off with Republic or Empire?

That's quite a few questions...

#1+2:

You can play the game very well solo, the last two expansions are even solo exclusively (i.e. you can't even do them together with a friend). There is no need to group up for heroics, and you certainly don't need a guild to group up for heroics. A guild can be a way to organize playing with a group of friends, and makes it easier to do group content, but if that's not your thing there is no need to be in one.

All in all the game plays very well as a solo game with optional multiplayer. And if you later want to continue playing a char after having done all the story, you can still find a lot of repeatable solo content to keep you busy until the next expansion. And maybe then you also want to carefully try some group content.

All the story-relevant flashpoints (dungeons) have a solo mode, but at max level you can solo all the easy group content (veteran flashpoints, some story uprisings) with some knowledge of your class, good gear and a good companion. Of course you cannot solo content that is meant as a challenge for 4 players or content intended for 8 or 16 players, but again, you don't need to be in a guild to do this content, there are always people building groups on fleet.

#3:

Not sure what you're asking, but you can play trough the whole game solo as a subscriber. For F2P the story ends after the class story, but they still can do repeatable content like dailies or flashpoints. Ex-subs keep access to all content they had when they were subscribers.

#4+6+7+10:

See https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

Obviously when your sub is over you get no new bonuses for being a sub, but you can keep some of those you had.

- You lose access to endgame large-group content, but keep access to all solo content that was available when you last were a sub. You also lose a lot of QoL features, some can be unlocked for f2p others can't - most importantly the 350k credit cap.

- Prefered players can't open ingame tickets and need to call or mail CS.

- Ex-subs have 14 chars per server now. Can be increased up to 26 with unlocks from the cartel market.

#5+13:

Difficult questions, what's fun? Personally, I enjoy the highly mobile specs where you can do damage on the run and don't need to stand still or stick to your target in melee range. Lethality Operative/Ruffian Scoundrel, Vanguard/Powertech (both 4-10m range) and Commando/Mercenary (highly mobile ranged). Easy classes to start would be Merc/Commando and Sorcerer/Sage. I wouldn't start with a Sentinel/Marauder until you're familiar with the use of abilities and keeping track of buffs and debuffs.

I'd start with imp side, they have the more interesting stories, IMO, and when you later play your rep chars and try to fix things, you remember what the imps did on these planets.

#8+9+11:

New content continuing the overall story is released regularly, and is only available to subs (and preferred that were subbed when that content was available) adding to the base game is unlikely aside from some tweaks here and there, new contents often means new gear drops, but the most of the "awesome" gear comes from the cartel market (ingame store) and can be found on the GTN (player 2 player auction house) eventually (though "awesome" stuff is likely too costy for preferred)

#12:

Leveling is not an issue at all. You'd be hard pressed not to be max level at the end of the class story, If you do side quests you'll most likely be level 70 in chapter 2, with half of the class story, 4 expansions and many daily areas still to explore. Most of the time you're synced down to a planet's intended level anyway, so that you can't completely faceroll content

Edited by Mubrak

1 - Basically, no.

2 - No. You can do solo missions ... um, solo. You can do veteran and master mode FPs, OPs, etc, through the Group Finder without needing to be in a guild. (You will need at least 1 other player + companions, though.)

You never "need" to join a guild, but to do really high-end, max difficulty content it would be hard to form a good PUG.

3 - Whuh?

4 - Don't know

5- Gunslinger, Sentinel, Marauder

6 & 7 - Don't know

8. I doubt it. SWTOR2 is more likely.

9, etc - Who knows, it depends, etc. :)

#4 What features will I be getting when I subscribe and then not pay anymore? (subscriber transfer to prefer status)

#7 When subscribe do I truly only get to pick 8 when going back to prefer status?

#8 When it comes to development will their be new expansions in the features for low level content?

#9 Will there be more planets to explore for side missions and main missions for subscribers?

#10 When subscription is over do I still get some perks such as cartel coins for getting subscription, Expansion packs, gear, purple advancement authorization equipment, crew authorization, 80 cargo bank space, max level unless otherwise level.

#12 Will the expansion be at your own level to play if we can't make it to high levels in the future?

1. No

2. No

3. F2P can go up to level 50, but you can use a Insta lvl 60/65 token and get a level 65

4. You basically get everything once you sub and then get to keep it. However, you will lose your credit cap and ability to que for warzones/ranked and enter operations. You wont be able to equip any new gear, but you will be able to keep the one you have on. Content will be unlocked as before (story wise). Its a good idea to sub for a month, make toons, level and gear up and then unsub.

5. Hard to say, depends on prefference, I will use rep classes (imps are mirror classes) Sentinel, Shadow, Scoundrel, Slinger

6. Full support

7. If you talk about character slots subs that went preff should have 12, but can have more based on if you used any insta level 60/65 tokens

8. Very hard to say, the development slowed down drastically in the recent years and things are behind schedule. Seems the game gets less and less attention.

9. No, content is same for f2p and subs

10. Many things you will keep but you lose credit cap, some costs increases, cant wear new purple gear etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

11. New stuff is constantly added

12. There is always a level increase at some point, but there are smaller expansions without level increases

13. I would say Empire, they have more players at their side.

1.+ 2. No, you don't have to do any of these if you don't feel like it.

3. Planet cap? If you mean the level cap for planets, it's the same for everyone. If you mean Planetary Capture, idk.

4. Preferred players have less characters(8 or 10 afaik / server), have limitations on mail, on chat and can't post here. Also, you can't hide headgear, unify colors, have FOUR(I think) castbars available and can't use Purple items.

5. That can't be answered. Try playing each class until the end of Coruscant / Dromund Kaas and decide for yourself.

6. A LOT. To begin a preferred player can't use ingame support etc. So if you have problems, the best solution is to just sub.

7. Yes.

8. Unknown. Currently they are only focusing on elder game content. Stuff at the end of the game etc.

9. Not really. What matters more is if you own Knights of the... expansions etc. I THINK that Subs get it automatically, but can't be certain. So, there are places like Nathema, Zakuul etc, but they aren't big like say Balmorra.

10. If you purchased or unlocked something within the game, it stays that way. Also, there is no level cap here.

11. Just like number 5. Can't be really answered. I'm one of those people that finds a practical, yet stylish low level gear and don't want silly MEGA GIGA TERA sized Shoulder Plates.

12. Impossible. Levelling is fine tuned so you access every piece of content at the very least on level. With various double xp events(next one starts next Tuesday and lasts for a MONTH), you'll overshoot it by far. Probably reach ~max level somewhere around Belsavis(~66-70% of class story). Or if doing story only(including without doing Planetary Quests), somewhere around the end of class story / in Hutt Cartel(first expansion). As for the mechanic you're asking about, unknown whether it'll be included. Most likely not given the fine tune.

13. You tell us. Which is inherently more interesting to you. Jedi or Sith? Republic Army or Imperial Intelligence? Han Solo or Boba Fett? Answer those for yourself and you'll know.

Edited by Cuiwe