How to quit a guild?

Granithead

Yes, devs, you forgot a quit guild button in the UI ...ooops! Thankfully someone answered the question or I would be stuck too, what about those who don't read forums?

If even they want to guild their guild they can either come to the forums, or ask someone in game.

It is something that probably shouldn't get used that much (hopefully unless your really unlucky or antisocial)

I agree that a button for it is probably a good idea, the real estate on the guild UI is already pretty poorly put together however.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It is something that probably shouldn't get used that much (hopefully unless your really unlucky or antisocial).

In my case, It's because I was mislead. Not only do they refuse to use Skype or Mumble, they also now want to change the name of the guild. I need out so I can join a guild that actually plays.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
you haven't fixed in 7 years really? and there's no /? or /help or /what the hell can i say? really?

You can say "Oops, I forgot about the "Sticky: SWTOR Acronyms Explained " at the very top of this forum which lists, among other things, all the chat commands." :)

Edited by JediQuaker

You can say "Oops, I forgot about the "Sticky: SWTOR Acronyms Explained " at the very top of this forum which lists, among other things, all the chat commands." :)

Can't tell folks that around here because they hit that report post button, cry about how we're rude to folks when we point out what's there in front of them and we then get nastygrams.

• 7 months later...
how do i leave my own guild?
/gdisband

Make sure *everything* is out of your guild vault first.

p

To clarify, the /gquit command will have your character leave the guild. If your character is the guildmaster, you must first promote another character to guildmaster before you can use the /gquit command to leave the guild. If your character is the only character in the guild, you cannot use the /gquit command.

The /gdisband command can only be used by the guildmaster, and will not just remove that character from the guild, but will remove all characters from the guild and delete the guild itself, including anything in the guild vault.