Empire Vs Republic

PenetratedYou

With the new server merges does anyone know if there's an imbalance between the population of Empire/Repub? I've had an interest in playing republic, but i remember Republic always seemed a lot less populated.
No idea about actual numbers, but I haven't noticed any lack of players on either side, on any of the English language servers (Satele Shan, Star Forge, Darth Malgus).

When it comes to numbers, and this is from the Star Forge server, I've honestly seen more Imperial than Republic players, and I'm drawing this from the respective Fleet populations. Vaiken Spacedock almost always seems to have more folks where Carrick Station; not so much (may be cut in half at times). I've also seen as much as 130+ on Dromund Kaas. Coruscant: at the most: 80-85. Of course, these could be just because I usually play in the evenings (EST).

When it comes to numbers, and this is from the Star Forge server, I've honestly seen more Imperial than Republic players, and I'm drawing this from the respective Fleet populations. Vaiken Spacedock almost always seems to have more folks where Carrick Station; not so much (may be cut in half at times). I've also seen as much as 130+ on Dromund Kaas. Coruscant: at the most: 80-85. Of course, these could be just because I usually play in the evenings (EST).

You're not wrong, even in the early morning hours it has similar numbers. Just this morning I was on PUB Fleet and there was about 56 people. On IMP Fleet there was over 100. That isn't to say there isn't many PUB players, as there are, as well as guilds, it's just more people tend to play IMP side on SF. It was the same on TEH, prior to the merge.

You're not wrong, even in the early morning hours it has similar numbers. Just this morning I was on PUB Fleet and there was about 56 people. On IMP Fleet there was over 100. That isn't to say there isn't many PUB players, as there are, as well as guilds, it's just more people tend to play IMP side on SF. It was the same on TEH, prior to the merge.

It could also mean that the PUB players are out there actually *playing* rather than standing around blithering on the Fleet. :rak_01:

Well once you get to level 40± and get to hoth it feels like there is no one on both sides during my time zone here. Then later still not crowed on the late nights. The grinding is sweet there.

Yeah, well, the maps for Hoth are *big*, so they can feel empty even when there are scores of people there. (And there are some *large* instanced areas where people doing their class stories or the planetary arc will spend chunks of time. They appear in the count of players (top-left) but you can't see them.)