Wishlist of Changes to old Operations with KotFE

With the revitalization of the old ops with this expansion, I figured it would be good to voice some changes we might want to be made to the old ops.(or even the newer ones)

One change I would like is to have the length of the Olok the shadow fight in SnV shortened by a lot. It really is a boring fight (imo) and takes forever to clear. I'd suggest half as many rows of droids and half as many tokens on the Wealthy buyer, perhaps even cutting Oloks HP in half.

What are some of your wanted changes?

Edited by theSCARAYone

I don't really care as long as they tune SM much lighter than 3.0, otherwise this sub forum will be full of nothing but "... is too hard, nerf please" threads while Bioware uses their vaunted metrics showing very few players doing 4.0 Ops as an excuse to not create anything new. Edited by DawnAskham

Neither tanks nor walkers will cause Good players to wipe in October. Neither Explosive Conflict nor Temple of Sacrifice will be run by Bads to success. Both operations could be removed and 90% of Bads would notice.

FTFY

Casuals can clear it, stop mistaking them for Bads.

Edited by FerkWork

I don't really care as long as they tune SM much lighter than 3.0, otherwise this sub forum will be full of nothing but "... is too hard, nerf please" threads while Bioware uses their vaunted metrics showing very few players doing 4.0 Ops as an excuse to not create anything new.

This made me rofl

To be totally honest, I think most operations were really nice when they were relased, the reason most of us are compaligning now is since we are over leveled and are just clearing the content way to fast. Olok which OP uses as example is a perfect example, when me and my guild were doing that on Nightmare after it was released we rarely had enough time during the rows windows and the fact that it was four rows made it possible for Bioware to mix the droids you got.

Sure, the fight takes quite a bit of time but at least during progression on it, I never really felt bored (apart from maybe a bit during the first four waves on console phase).

Scum & Villany could stand to be made shorter somehow... Mostly would be nice if Olok the shadow had all of its long pauses removed and maybe his health reduced (the part where you fight him in person is long and boring, pretty much nothing can go wrong anymore). Also could get rid of a few trash groups in the tunnels and the valley of death. Maybe invalidate the superteam strategy on oasis city (that's really boring), but make it so that idiots will only kill themselves for failing the infiltration in SM, not the whole group.

Cut down the trash in TFB & put some quick travel points right before 2nd and 3rd bosses.

DF & DP : pretty much perfect as they are. Maybe force players to split on calphayus first portals in sm ?

ToS : bring down the health of the trash, it's ridiculous and they're boring to fight (no danger). Nerf lurkerling health some more in SM. Nerf hardmorde hard or call it nightmare for what it is. Make Revanite commanders more challenging/interesting somehow. Make Revan SM tougher.

Ravagers : see ToS for HM. Trash is mostly fine though. Bit too many of them at times which causes very poor performance.

EC: cut down the trash, cut down the ridiculously long travel times after wiping on kephess. Or anywhere else.

Lol please. IMO, the only thing they'll do to the OPS is run a script that increases all the numbers up to level 65 content.

If I'm going to add to this wish list, it's that Bioware actually tests the fights and goes over the final numbers (boss health, damage, modifiers, etc.) so people aren't getting one shot or can't meet the DPS/HPS requirements on Storymode.

On the plus side, the expansion is being released in October instead of late December like SoR. So they'll hopefully actually have people in the office to fix things instead of letting bugs/exploits run rampant for 6+ weeks before getting addressed :rolleyes:

If they want me to play more OPs, then they have to drastically lower the time it takes to clear them. I simply don't have the time to play a 2+ hours OPs. SnV is the worst of them all as it takes ages.

I would prefer that they make all fights much easier and shorter, but of course this is just me not being a big fan of OPs in general.

I guess that one option many can agree with would be to massively lower the amount of trash. Or even leave it out completely. Maybe make it so that there is a safe path around all mobs and the group can decide if they want to have some additional trash fights for some credits loot or not. I don't see any use for trash mobs other than a timesink. From a story perspective they make sense, but from a gaming point of view... no thanks.

The only logical thing, more Kephesses. At least double the current amount.

Ohhh he's there. He's all the bosses. It's always been him the whole time. He was both the master and the pawn. And now it's time for him to rise again:rak_03:

Add those fancy new ground reticles (first appeared in TFB I believe) to AoEs and ground hazards in EV, KP, and EC.

Also, can we get some new mechanics in Nightmare Mode for EV and KP? Suggestions:

Annihilation Droid XRR-3: Overwhelming Swipe inflicts a debuff that massively increases damage taken, necessitating a tank swap (necessitating two tanks, for that matter) periodically.

Gharj: adds inflict a stacking debuff that increases the damage taken from lava and doesn't fall off during the fight, but is cleared by a specific (new) attack that Gharj uses rarely. This means that add management will be a priority, as DPS taking extra lava damage will stress the healers, and tanks will need to swap periodically (tank with adds builds stacks, tank with boss will eventually have it cleared when struck by the special attack).

Ancient Pylons: pressing a panel causes another (decently strong) add to spawn, rewarding groups for actually minimizing the number of presses rather than simply hitting left over and over.

Infernal Council: if any one of the group dies, the entire group is struck with Penalty of Destiny, emphasizing the INDIVIDUAL gear check.

Soa: when the fight starts, every player is randomly assigned one of four (or eight) totems as a persistent buff. When a mind trap appears, it has a damage-immunity buff (with a buff icon identical to one of the totem buffs on the players) that can only be removed by the player with that totem attacking the trap. Basically, when a mind trap goes up, nobody can damage it until one of two certain players gets a hit in on it, requiring quick reactions and good coordination.

Bonethrasher: Bonethrasher occasionally performs a casted (6 seconds?) conal attack that deals heavy damage to all players struck and applies a fifteen-second immobilization effect that cannot be broken.

Jarg and Sorno: Jarg's Carbonizer Droids have a damage reflection shield that can only be removed by being struck by Sorno's missile attack.

Foreman Crusher: each strike of the boss's Frenzy attack applies a stacking cleansable debuff that increases the tank's damage taken, requiring that the healers coordinate cleansing to keep the tank alive.

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator: ignition keys cannot be moved unless someone channels at a console on the ground level. This gives tanks something to do while their armor reduction stacks are falling off.

Karagga the Unyielding: when mouse droids explode, they put a debuff on their target that drastically increases damage taken from Tunneling Drill for the next 15 seconds. Catch those droids or risk having someone one-shotted!

Now that interrupts take longer I wonder how are we supposed to prevent the droids from Kephess in NM EC from becoming almost invincible and wiping the group. :rak_02:

With the revitalization of the old ops with this expansion, I figured it would be good to voice some changes we might want to be made to the old ops.(or even the newer ones)

One change I would like is to have the length of the Olok the shadow fight in SnV shortened by a lot. It really is a boring fight (imo) and takes forever to clear. I'd suggest half as many rows of droids and half as many tokens on the Wealthy buyer, perhaps even cutting Oloks HP in half.

What are some of your wanted changes?

Scum & Villany could stand to be made shorter somehow... Mostly would be nice if Olok the shadow had all of its long pauses removed and maybe his health reduced (the part where you fight him in person is long and boring, pretty much nothing can go wrong anymore). Also could get rid of a few trash groups in the tunnels and the valley of death. Maybe invalidate the superteam strategy on oasis city (that's really boring), but make it so that idiots will only kill themselves for failing the infiltration in SM, not the whole group.

To be fair, a lot of these apparently long and boring fights only seem so now but they definitely were not at level. You really got a sense of how short a minute is when fighting Olok's droids, depending on your group you barely had enough time to clear them all before the next row became active. The superteam strategy that is so popular with pugs now was not a viable option back then as well, you had to start killing them as soon as you made it to them or else you'd run out of time.

I have only one thing on my wishlist regarding old ops ... that is that they add an option to play them on the original levels. I DO NOT like the upscaling of old ops. And I am certain I am not the only one. I like to faceroll through the older ops. I like to solo the HM 50 FPs and lately also the HM 55s. I want to be able to play the game as I wish and Bioware is forcing me to play a way I do not always like.

One more thing....

TEST the Ops this time, as in open PTS testing over several weeks with lots and lots of publicity and encouragement (e.g. free stuff / run Ops with devs events / titles) to get the most participation possible.

Oh and while testing, give testers the level of gear players will have available when hitting 65 - not 65 SM set bonus gear players won't see until AFTER successfully farming the SM Ops for weeks.

Edited by DawnAskham