Torchy?

TheOneWhoLives

So... maybe I'm out of the loop and missed something. But during my first run of the Smuggler story, I returned Torchy to Corso, after recovering the quest item from Skavak. However, Corso has not equipped Torchy and still uses the crappy looking blaster he starts with. Did they remove Torchy? Did I miss something?

So... maybe I'm out of the loop and missed something. But during my first run of the Smuggler story, I returned Torchy to Corso, after recovering the quest item from Skavak. However, Corso has not equipped Torchy and still uses the crappy looking blaster he starts with. Did they remove Torchy? Did I miss something?

Back in the day(1), Corso could use pistols, but now he's rifle-only.

(1) Before October 20 2015, when 4.0 came out.

I'm confused. Back in the day, Corso could use rifles or pistols, so he could actually use Torchy (which is, itself, a pistol).

Today, he is rifle-only, which generated a shower of complaints when 4.0 came out because you couldn't equip Torchy on him.

What did you get from the mission rewards? An actual pistol? Or was it a companion gift? (It's been a while since I did this one in a mode where I was actually paying attention.) If it was a companion gift, of course it disappeared when you gave it to him. If it was a pistol, it won't be possible to give it to him because his class ("Corso Riggs" - I'm not kidding, that's a class that only Corso can be) cannot use pistols.

So I'm confused if it actually disappeared but it wasn't a companion gift.

I'm confused. Back in the day, Corso could use rifles or pistols, so he could actually use Torchy (which is, itself, a pistol).

Today, he is rifle-only, which generated a shower of complaints when 4.0 came out because you couldn't equip Torchy on him.

What did you get from the mission rewards? An actual pistol? Or was it a companion gift? (It's been a while since I did this one in a mode where I was actually paying attention.) If it was a companion gift, of course it disappeared when you gave it to him. If it was a pistol, it won't be possible to give it to him because his class ("Corso Riggs" - I'm not kidding, that's a class that only Corso can be) cannot use pistols.

So I'm confused if it actually disappeared but it wasn't a companion gift.

Corso was made rifle only, but players complained he could no longer equip Torchy, so he was changed to pistol only and has been in that state for quite some time now. However, at some point after that Torchy stopped being awarded as a quest reward... yes, there's mention of the character getting Torchy back and you can even give it to Corso as part of a dialogue option, but the pistol named Torchy that could actually be equipped by either the character or Corso is no longer awarded.

• 9 months later...