Facebook Connect is Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cant send /tells to opposite faction players so this feels like an actual MMO, because you don't want people to troll/bully each other, yet we can now see who you are in real life and troll each others facebook and find out where people live... lol

We cant send /tells to opposite faction players so this feels like an actual MMO, because you don't want people to troll/bully each other, yet we can now see who you are in real life and troll each others facebook and find out where people live... lol

best way to to prevent toxic behavior. hold people accountable. i think blizzard had a good idea with the original Real Id.

Now, reaching out and connecting with Facebook friends from your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account is faster than the Rakghoul Plague can spread!

Read More

Before I use this I need to know if the application will spam my friends with invites or start posting by some other reason.

I have seen Facebook game applications start to do things on their own with results of friends getting upset by mindless spamming.

If this feature only posts things I approve myself I will gladly use it but if it posts on its own it is nothing for me.

I have linked my account and yet I see no updates on my Facebook when I level up. I even logged out and back inof both facebook and my SWTOR account and yet it still seems as if they are not connected, even though in the account they are linked correctly.

my concern is that the more the game is open to the internet,the more it can be hacked,while the DEVS are smart,there are groups out there that are professional crackers who work 24/7 trying to find flaws and exploit them.And now they also want to add ingame CC purchase,I can see this as a start of a BIG security problem, Every day we read some company getting hacked/attacked and I am sure they thought they were safe.

Hrmmm,

doesn't even work. Had it set up to announce when playing, levelling etc etc etc. So far I have played, gained a level and even got my GL to give me a guild promotion to test it ..... results on my FB .... Nothing, Zip ZERO .... which is what I score this new feature a big fat NOTHING!

For those who are curious, and who didn't read my thread in suggestions, here is a screenshot of what the postings look like when you view your activity log. When you are on your FB page, not your news feed but your profile page, the most recent post will show in that recent activity box. Here is a post on G+ that shows the recent activity box. As for what your facebook friends actually see, I'm not too sure because the one person who responded to my asking said she didn't see anything in her news feed.

It will do a 'start to play' post every single time you log in a character, which is unneeded and annoying. It will do a 'join a guild' post pretty soon after you join a guild. It will do a 'level up' post after you have logged out of that character. It will do a 'create a character' post pretty soon after you create a character. The 'guild rank promotion' one did not post for me but I think it's because the character was promoted while offline (I was logged into a different character). The 'create a guild' one I can't test because I already have a guild for each faction.

It does not post to the timeline. It goes to a small section called Recent Activity. It is there, just not very in your face.

It's not there either. There's only three things in that section. Me liking a page about 17 hours ago, after the level up. Me doing something with spotify on friday, before the level up and something from the third.

I don't even understand why this is a thing. What possible benefit could there be for linking in-game activities and real world identity?

Absolutely none. Just like dyes, jawas and C2-N2. But like the dyes, some people enjoy posting their ingame stuff to facebook.

Edited by Bomyne

I don't even understand why this is a thing. What possible benefit could there be for linking in-game activities and real world identity?

What benefit is there to doing anything? It's down to the person. Playing SWTOR is a real world activity. I am actually playing this video game, working at advancing through it, why not share achievements with other people who are doing the same? It's not unlike runners who post their run times through apps, or people who post any of those mini-game updates, or someone who mentions that they just watched a movie, or links a book.... all activities quite separate from Facebook that are shared on the site.

It's just a choice. If you can't think outside your box and speculate why someone else might want to do this, then I pity you your limited imagination.