So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

i figured ppl avoided kp cause the puzzle fight is annoying to try and coordinate

Well guess EV will still be the most-done HM Op then for classic weekly, though I thought it was the one that was chosen because it only had 4 necessary bossfights. Guess I was wrong.

Even after the change, I think that EV will remain the most popular ops to do the Classic Operations weekly. A lot of people did not know about this exploit (I believe it only spread across some US servers) but did EV anyway because it is faster than KP, the boss mechanics are a lot easier and you only need one tank.

EC seems to remain the most unpopular map; the few times I see people searching for it, it is usually to earn ACMs and not for the weekly. Especially after they changed the trash groups, I'm sure players are even less inclined to do EC.

Edited by Jerba

You mean, after they removed like half of trash there used to be? Where's the logic?

Yes, they removed some trash, but they also added a mob to at least four trash groups so you can no longer just drive by; now you need to have more stealthers or kill those groups.

Edited by Jerba

It's still the easiest, fastest and one of the more fun ones so I assume people will still do this one a lot.

As for EC, they should just make it a 55 already. It's already harder than most 55s (maybe not the new 55 dread hms) and the quick dps of kephess causes him to glitch and wipe the group.

Also I'm surprised they took the time to fix this but ignore the double power stacking relic glitch in PvP.

Edited by sithBracer

Gharj only takes like 2-3 minutes to kill anyway. EV will still be faster I think. Plus, EV has no trash between council and soa. Though I guess the platforms add as much time as killing KP trash. Soa fight is more fun though, IMO.

i figured ppl avoided kp cause the puzzle fight is annoying to try and coordinate

A few weeks ago we pugged HM KP. My wife and I were the tanks. On arrival at the puzzle no one would admit knowing how to do it. I know the theory, but have never actually done it. The dps and healers argued over who should be moving the puzzle. I even heard one person insist the tanks should do it, which I had never read, seen, or watched before. There was a few minutes of practice before someone got bored and started the fight. There were many mistakes in solving the puzzle. Much swearing from the DPS and healers as to whose fault it was. We spent a considerable amount of time smacking the boss and doing virtually no damage.

We still beat the enrage timer. Or at least the boss died with none of us dying. I'm not really sure which, my wife and I were laughing to hard at the conversations to notice the boss (there were a couple of incredible characters in this group) and trying to remember to tank swap occasionally.

Oh right. A point. Skipping KP because of the puzzle is pointless. Unless the group is under-geared 50s I suppose.

My guildies (Just 2 of us plus me.) Actually had to force the group our guild was sponsoring not to skip Gharj. Apparently, one person thought this exploit bugged the puzzle sequence, and insisted we skip it. Proved him wrong.

So, at least on Begeren Colony, the exploit may be done due to misinformation, rather than malicious intent.

A few weeks ago we pugged HM KP. My wife and I were the tanks. On arrival at the puzzle no one would admit knowing how to do it. I know the theory, but have never actually done it. The dps and healers argued over who should be moving the puzzle. I even heard one person insist the tanks should do it, which I had never read, seen, or watched before. There was a few minutes of practice before someone got bored and started the fight. There were many mistakes in solving the puzzle. Much swearing from the DPS and healers as to whose fault it was. We spent a considerable amount of time smacking the boss and doing virtually no damage.

We still beat the enrage timer. Or at least the boss died with none of us dying. I'm not really sure which, my wife and I were laughing to hard at the conversations to notice the boss (there were a couple of incredible characters in this group) and trying to remember to tank swap occasionally.

Oh right. A point. Skipping KP because of the puzzle is pointless. Unless the group is under-geared 50s I suppose.

2 Juggernaut tanks Interceding to each other at the first panel for tank swap is the only proper way to handle the puzzle.

My guildies (Just 2 of us plus me.) Actually had to force the group our guild was sponsoring not to skip Gharj. Apparently, one person thought this exploit bugged the puzzle sequence, and insisted we skip it. Proved him wrong.

So, at least on Begeren Colony, the exploit may be done due to misinformation, rather than malicious intent.

It did bug the puzzle boss. You would get no adds on it if you skipped Gharj.

That's amazing.

People are so terrible at this game it's stunning.

I didn't know about the Gharj exploit until this past weekend, when I pugged it with a character that had just reached endgame and wanted to clear the breadcrumb operations missions from her log. Kinda funny that I only found out about it right before they closed the loophole. Or unlucky, depending on how you think about it.

Everything was fine until we reached the lava cave, when half the raid decided to jet off to the other side without asking. The other half had no idea what was going on until we were told. Some of us tried to argue about it - it's an quick, easy fight; there are basically no mechanics; and there were people in the group that could use the gear - but we were ignored.

All the while, the more impatient raiders had already started off from the lava shore toward the pylons, which meant that the group was strung out across a quarter of the map and if anybody got caught we had problems. Naturally, people got caught. A few people had trouble negotiating the lava, died, and elected to release back to medcenter instead of waiting to be revived. Some of them even repeated this comedy of errors after getting back to the lava pool somehow. At the same time, other raiders managed to pull half the trash in the pylon chamber. A few of those pulls were accidents, but a couple were deliberate because some people insisted on killing everything in the way, because that was "simpler". Note that these were the exact same raiders who had insisted that we skip Gharj, because the goddess Irony rules the universe.

So by the time we finally got everybody up to the pylons, we'd wasted something like half an hour due to the fallout from avoiding a five-minute fight that we should've done anyway. Fantastic.

Then our tank turned out to be incompetent at handling the pillars on the final stage of the Soa fight, but that's another story.

I went EV SM with my sent as part of a pug/friends/guildies group of six level 55 chars. Had nothing better to do and I wanted to unlock the red speeder. It was a nice trip down the memory lane, for sure. People falling off bridges, running through lava, getting killed by said lava, messing up the puzzle because apparently "keep hitting left" is too complicated, people wiping the raid on sith bosses, half the team falling to their deaths in SoA encounter... Ah, the good old days. :D

That's amazing.

People are so terrible at this game it's stunning.

It is kinda ridiculous how far people will go to get around game mechanics to get something 30 seconds to a minute faster.

Especially at 55, this fight and the pylon fight are trivial.

Hardmode EV is too easy. All tactics more or less involve either 1 person (maybe 2 if you consider the puzzle complicated) knowing the tactics, that one person generally has to be the tank or at least someone with taunt due to SoA. That and needing 1 tank, this one will stay people's favourite.

In Hardmode KP it's considered best to do the puzzle on the robot, which is believed to require 2 or 3 people. How-ever in reality due to the geargap between what we have (69/72/78) and what it's made for (Columi) you 1. Don't need 2 Tanks for Jarg and Sorno. 2. Don't need to do the puzzle to beat enrage. 3. Don't need to tank-swap on the droid to survive. People will how-ever always believe they need 2 tanks and need to do the puzzle, making them turn to EV if possible.

Hardmode EC, how-ever, is a complete different story. It can still wipe level 55s on the first boss (and all bosses after) if mechanics are ignored by a few people. EC, I'm officially in love with you.

Edited by Gloomycakes

I'm kind of glad it was fixed, too. I never even knew it was skippable until a couple of months ago. So you could save like, 5 min (or less, if people keep dying in the lava) for those just wanting the Classic Ops coms, but the lame part is if there was someone that actually wanted to do it the real way there was always some person whining about it and running ahead of everyone anyway.

Another thing I found out:

You can't go All Left on the Puzzle boss anymore in HM or NiM. We had to actually get a solver out after people went all left and we hit the time limit the first 2 times.

(And by solver I mean I got the order for it and figured it out myself)

Edited by TACeMossie