Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow tanking - Blog

CitizenWatch
02.24.2013 , 09:20 PM | #21
As someone new to MMO's I really appreciate this discussion. Could someone pls give some insight as to what actions generate the highest level of threat to keep an enemies attention (besides taunts). It may be a remedial question but it sure be helpful for someone pretty new to this

DaftVaduhhh
02.24.2013 , 10:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenWatch View Post
As someone new to MMO's I really appreciate this discussion. Could someone pls give some insight as to what actions generate the highest level of threat to keep an enemies attention (besides taunts). It may be a remedial question but it sure be helpful for someone pretty new to this
In order it's probably:
Slow time
Project with accelerate project proc
TK throw with 3 stacks of harnessed shadows (one stack is generated with each slow time or project hit)
Force Breach

From there everything else is the equivalent of double their damage in threat. Abilities mentioning 'high threat' have a 1.5 threat to damage ratio before factoring in combat technique, i.e. they do 300% threat compared to their damage. For a shadow, this is slow time & force breach.

Project has a 1.3 threat to damage ratio, or 260% in stance. Hope that helps!
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger