Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please improve sorc/sage PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Please improve sorc/sage PvP

Xargas
10.29.2019 , 07:53 PM | #1
Sorc badly needs more means to survive. Right now it is a very easy target, especially if sorc doesn't know he should kitty his/her opponent. I played both assassin and sorc, assassin just eats sorcs for dinner. Yes, it is possible for sorc to win, I had those moments, but, every time my life was hanging by the thread, there is almost no room for mistake, not only our damage sucks, but our survivability is atrocious also. It's like they turned him into food for other classes compared to what I heard about sorcs in glory days. Some abilities from Valkorion that we had briefly to experience would be great maybe, Not that OP of course... Oh yeah, new ability has no use at all, its damage is the same as a cat bite, but even that doesn't do justice to cats...

What I would like to suggest is:
1. Make lightning spec into heavy burst spec, high damage, but not much on the defense, kill or be killed philosophy so to speak, lots of running around and keeping distance from the opponent.
2. Make madness spec into survivability spec, higher on defense less damage then lightning. What I have in mind is a melee caster, someone who can take damage. And to cover for PvE players, add some bonuses that he will give to a group maybe so it won't turn into mainly PvP spec.

I guess that's it
http://www.swtor.com/r/TPMtD5 get seven days free with this referral link

iTomCpps
10.30.2019 , 01:21 AM | #2
No sorcs are fine. I agree that sorc healing needs to be improved because compared to operative and merc its just not getting there. You are basically saying that Sorcs should be able to tank Assassin Deception DPS. Love the logic.

Xargas
10.30.2019 , 03:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iTomCpps View Post
No sorcs are fine. I agree that sorc healing needs to be improved because compared to operative and merc its just not getting there. You are basically saying that Sorcs should be able to tank Assassin Deception DPS. Love the logic.
It's only a suggestion, what I am really asking is for more defense...
http://www.swtor.com/r/TPMtD5 get seven days free with this referral link

NateCrazy
10.31.2019 , 08:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by iTomCpps View Post
No sorcs are not fine. If you think that then you 1. dont play sorc. 2. Main one of the broken classes and want to keep the others down. Good game bro good game! (happy to log on my Merc, Mara, Sniper and you can log on a sorc and duel them my friend and tell me sorcs are just fine)

Why not make them able to tank sin decep? they made mercs be able to which is an off heal class just like sorc, so by that logic we are in our right to demand this outcome.

EmperorRus
11.01.2019 , 03:07 AM | #5
Winners and losers 6.0 so far(rDPS, survivability wise)

Snipers:
+ Phase Walk

Mercenaries:
+ Double Rocket Out(good for kiting)
- Self-healing(Rapid Scan, Emergency Scan) is nerfed by ~20%

Sorcerers:
- Self-healing(Resurgence, Dark Heal, probably Static Barrier) is nerfed by ~20%

offence
11.01.2019 , 04:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorRus View Post
Winners and losers 6.0 so far(rDPS, survivability wise)

Snipers:
+ Phase Walk

Mercenaries:
+ Double Rocket Out(good for kiting)
- Self-healing(Rapid Scan, Emergency Scan) is nerfed by ~20%

Sorcerers:
- Self-healing(Resurgence, Dark Heal, probably Static Barrier) is nerfed by ~20%
That's pretty much it yea , , if they actually wanna go and nerf Lightning or touch Stormwatch we are gonna be the bottom of the barrel on all 3 specs. Kinda dissapointed to see SINS dmg buffed to insane numbers hitting for 69k in pvp is just not right and operatives conc. atleast hits like a truck plus self healing.

All in all not very happy with this patch and sorc healing just looks depressing , 3 more pieces and i'll see it first hand.

themachinemann
11.01.2019 , 05:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
Sorc badly needs more means to survive. Right now it is a very easy target, especially if sorc doesn't know he should kitty his/her opponent. I played both assassin and sorc, assassin just eats sorcs for dinner. Yes, it is possible for sorc to win, I had those moments, but, every time my life was hanging by the thread, there is almost no room for mistake, not only our damage sucks, but our survivability is atrocious also. It's like they turned him into food for other classes compared to what I heard about sorcs in glory days. Some abilities from Valkorion that we had briefly to experience would be great maybe, Not that OP of course... Oh yeah, new ability has no use at all, its damage is the same as a cat bite, but even that doesn't do justice to cats...

What I would like to suggest is:
1. Make lightning spec into heavy burst spec, high damage, but not much on the defense, kill or be killed philosophy so to speak, lots of running around and keeping distance from the opponent.
2. Make madness spec into survivability spec, higher on defense less damage then lightning. What I have in mind is a melee caster, someone who can take damage. And to cover for PvE players, add some bonuses that he will give to a group maybe so it won't turn into mainly PvP spec.

I guess that's it
while this would greatly help noobs, it makes decent sorcs/sages ridiculously difficult to kill with huge damage output. The thing is, most noob sorc/sages play melee. That means they stand in one spot, shoot lightning at others and hope to win. Here's a fun fact, you won't. Step 1, move. Step 2, apply dots, step 3, if they follow you, move again. Pretty basic. You have phase walk, bubble, endless self heals, force sprint, what else do you need? But oh no, you want to be like a merc who just stands there wailing on people and thinking you'll win.

Azerdayne
11.01.2019 , 12:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by themachinemann View Post
while this would greatly help noobs, it makes decent sorcs/sages ridiculously difficult to kill with huge damage output. The thing is, most noob sorc/sages play melee. That means they stand in one spot, shoot lightning at others and hope to win. Here's a fun fact, you won't. Step 1, move. Step 2, apply dots, step 3, if they follow you, move again. Pretty basic. You have phase walk, bubble, endless self heals, force sprint, what else do you need? But oh no, you want to be like a merc who just stands there wailing on people and thinking you'll win.
I agree with the point you're making here.

However, running away is often counterproductive in wz's. Sorcs/Sages lack the ability to stand and deliver (as you pointed out). But IMHO, having a beefy DCD on a 3 min timer would not be broken, and would do 2 things:

1) it would let sorcs defending a node do more than bubble for run away

2) it would even the playing field a *little* bit against maras and operatives, which are incredibly sticky and burst very hard. Bubbling and teleporting away might allow one to survive, but they only delay the (often) inevitable.