Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3


olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.08.2018 , 07:05 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by mxdudek View Post
DPS loss is not the biggest issue with that. It's just that it feels wrong.
Lol, so devs should balance and create based on feelings. This is a funny thread. Some people just cant adapt, and others can. I, personally, have not noticed much difference in my rotation, but perhaps I am able to adapt better than others. The whole premise of this complaint is funny though.

FlavivsAetivs's Avatar


FlavivsAetivs
10.08.2018 , 08:30 AM | #52
Quote:
Second, who tests this stuff for you wasn’t able to tell you what a nerf this is for Sin/Shadow?
Actually some very good shadows/sins are on the PTS. I can think of at least two. But I don't think bioware listens to their feedback, apparently, because they all thought this change was terrible.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

TheDramaKing's Avatar


TheDramaKing
10.08.2018 , 08:46 AM | #53
One must either be blind or have no knowledge of the class not to notice the hindrance this change causes.

We lost Phase Walk, we lost damage reduction BOTH under stun AND aoe (from passives), they nerfed greatly our overall damage output and they made Maul frontally usable when we play on a server where they can’t fix rubber banding and you never ******* know where you or your opponent really are and now the nerf to Phantom Stride.

All of this only in patch 5.x, which isn’t over yet.

How is this fair to you?!

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
10.08.2018 , 08:59 AM | #54
This .25s change is terribly inconvenient, and it has not only affected Sins and Shadows, but Operatives and Scoundrels as well.

Is the fix worse than the bug? Yes
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
10.08.2018 , 10:49 AM | #55
They've screwed us over again when there was no need, and it blows the rotation to have this change. Bad enough you have crushed us over the years, now you have to ruin the rotation too. And it still doesn't fix anything.

At this point, it's almost as if they have a vendetta against the class. There are no actual game play reasons for what they've done to us the past couple years. The horrible nerfs decreed by the almighty metrics do not reflect the actual use of the class in real pvp, and that's where balance issues manifest themselves. For PvE, who freaking cares? Seriously, you're all on the same side in an Op. And you've had OP mercs and snipers for 2 years and you haven't addressed that at all, so balance obviously isn't a priority for you Devs.

Stop screwing up shadows with your clumsy fixes that don't fix anything.

LudhaninRolgge's Avatar


LudhaninRolgge
10.08.2018 , 12:19 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Lol, so devs should balance and create based on feelings. This is a funny thread. Some people just cant adapt, and others can. I, personally, have not noticed much difference in my rotation, but perhaps I am able to adapt better than others. The whole premise of this complaint is funny though.
Or you don't play correctly. The difference between being able to PS inbetween GCD or having to wait for the full GCD to be done is big. Adaptation is not the problem is it feels clunky now. And since BW is in a mood of QoL changes, this is definitely not one.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.08.2018 , 02:35 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
Or you don't play correctly. The difference between being able to PS inbetween GCD or having to wait for the full GCD to be done is big. Adaptation is not the problem is it feels clunky now. And since BW is in a mood of QoL changes, this is definitely not one.
So because i can adapt well to this change and dont see it as clunky, then i dont play correctly? Based on your complaints, i would summize that you are the one who doesnt play the class well, good fellow. I also didnt realize there was an officially correct way to play the class, either

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
10.08.2018 , 02:53 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
So because i can adapt well to this change and dont see it as clunky, then i dont play correctly? Based on your complaints, i would summize that you are the one who doesnt play the class well, good fellow. I also didnt realize there was an officially correct way to play the class, either
There is a difference between playing a class well enough for the easier types of content (such as MM flashpoints and SM Ops) and playing well enough for Nim Ops and Ranked PvP.

I fall into the 'good enough' range with my dps sin . It's not optimal, I run with the low alacricity bulild, but it's what I can do with my so-so reflexes. For me the the change to phantom stride is hardly noticeable, but that's because I regularly mess up the proper rotation. Is it that hard for you to see that people going for maximum dps find even a slight change to their rotation destructive?

Plus, you are dismissing the effect of the change on the tank spec. This is a nasty change, even to a casual player like me. The pull-stride opener is screwed up. This means tanks have to change their opening rotation, for what amounts to no reason at all.

The change to phantom stride was stupid, annoying, and pointless.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

LudhaninRolgge's Avatar


LudhaninRolgge
10.08.2018 , 02:55 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
So because i can adapt well to this change and dont see it as clunky, then i dont play correctly? Based on your complaints, i would summize that you are the one who doesnt play the class well, good fellow. I also didnt realize there was an officially correct way to play the class, either
Well, officially correct would not be the right word. But there's a way to play it that yields better results thus making it the best. If you don't feel that having PS respecting the GCD is clunky then good for you. But according to everyone answering this thread, it seems like a lot of people think it's clunky.

Imagine if Recklessness respected the GCD, that would be horrible, wouldn't it ? Since PS is more an offensive CD than a mobility tool, the same goes for it.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
10.09.2018 , 04:59 AM | #60
hey there..
for me deception/infiltration feels totally clunky, too.
its like playing with hickup. you can still play it, but its just not that fun anymore...
btw this is coming from a top 5 dummy tryhard
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord