Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

Erethrian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a massive fan of Taris but it's OK. I think you can just change you statement to Commando story: ... meh meaning the Commando story being the most dull and lifeless writing in the game.

Hold Your horses! :D I've enjoyed most of Comando story and aspecially THE End of it (hand shake and medals than get your butt out of here)

Accourding to other toons: Jedi and Sage - moste dull story line ever and Taris is even worst with them.

I think the Republic version of Taris is more interesting than the Empire version because it relates to KOTOR but generally it's pretty cool. It's got decent heroics and the landscape looks crazy. My favorite planet is actually Dromund Kaas, even though it's a newbie planet the setting there is awesome. Edited by MorgonKara

I honestly didn't like the size of the planet and the lack of a vehicle throughout most of my leveling the first time I played through it (Smuggler). I also agree that the quests made your run all over the place and could have been organized better.

That being said, I understand that the random paths, cliffs, dead ends, etc are part of the overall feel. Taris is a jungle environment which is difficult to navigate to begin with, then complicated by planet wide ruins. I love the planet story, but most of all, the background music is some of my favorite in the entire game. It gives you that eerie feeling of walking trough a massive grave yard with danger lurking in every corner.

Edited by CaptMurphy

I found that overall I really enjoy Taris both pub and imp side. The only problem I have is that some of the missions seem way, way out of the way and would like to see perhaps a second obtainable mission or two in those areas so it doesn't feel like such a pain. However overall I really enjoy the story.

Taris. I hate that place. I have hated it since I arrived the first time and had to go to one place from another. I get the vision the designers must have had, but it's just a thoroughly unfun place to have to do anything in. I did like the quests, though - the story in them. So that helps.

I didn't find it nearly as bad on republic side, despite having to run everywhere. But I only did Taris once as republic and that was a long time ago, so I don't really remember a lot of it. I just remember being surprised that it wasn't as bad as on empire side.

I will never go back to Taris.

Not ever.

Worst planet, hands down

if you want HK-51 as companion, you have to return on Taris :rak_03:

It's not so terrible for me the planet, it reminds me Kotor, old history, I love walking round this wild planet, but it's not the best for me.

• 1 month later...

Personally I despise this planet. I had taken a 6 month break from the game(left prior to F2P) and recently came back to try it out when they shut down City of Heroes. Before I had only played Jedi/Sith so I decided to roll a couple new classes and was really enjoying my trooper and sentinel/guardian. Before I had only played Sage and Shadow so wanted to try Jedi Knight out as well.

Got to Taris the other night with my Trooper and I had honestly forgot about how god awful this planet is, especially as an early planet in the game. Everything is so spread out and honestly the Rakghouls get old by about the 5th bonus mission involving killing them. The nostalgic nods to KOTOR aren't too bad, but this planet just drags on for me. To me Hoth and Tatooine both felt a lot bigger than Taris but seem to go by in 1/3 of the time. Taris honestly makes me never want to roll another toon Republic side and now I'm less excited about my Jedi Guardian who is just about ready to finish up Coruscant. Haven't played it Imp side yet, but I'm sure it can't be much better.

I dont like this planet. However it has the best planet questline of them all. Only Voss comes close. Very few planets do we realy get some background story and learn more of the planet. Most times it´s just the very recent history we get to know. It´s ok but if we only know the recent history and get allmost no background history it gets kinda shallow imo. That´s why i love the Taris planet questline, but i still dont like the planet Taris.

I think the feel of Taris is perfect. It's depressing. It's "haunted". It's a "dead planet". I enjoy the creatures and the environment (sans Rakghouls). However...I would agree that I don't like the story and the layout is just...odd.

The planets story is pretty stale and dull. I don't feel compelled to "look further" into it. I just want to beat the missions and get off planet. You're trying to recover/destroy the planet (depending on faction)...but I honestly don't get that feeling. I guess some of the missions are pretty good, but generally is just...lacking.

The layout is pretty bad. It's as if they had a ton of missions setup to have you scurrying around the entire map...then cut half of it. Half-dead outposts, some not even used, random champs out in the middle of nowhere, area's that look like they MIGHT have had a mission...but there turns out to be nothing. It's all just...odd. Again, like they ripped out half the quests, but then didn't revisit and streamline the planet.

Overall, I don't mind it so much. I think the biggest problem I have with it is the same that I have with Balmorra and Corellia. All three planets are in complete open conflict and in complete violation of the Cold War peace treaty...but I just don't get that feeling. All three planets feel half empty. Half completed. Expected more.

Edited by Moondragon

I actually love Taris. I know I am one of the few but I find the planet aesthetically pleasing. But more I just like exploring it and getting lost lol. I love the quests especially the Sith Warrior quest there but planet side quests are good too. So yeah I really think Taris is enjoyable.

I actually think Taris is a good halfway planet.. especialy imp side with the night cycle, and its the only planet in game that has both a night cycle and a day cycle (rep day, imp night) so yeah I find it very enjoyable :-) if you want a none enjoyable planet though.... look no further than Balmorra.. on either faction lol

I dont like this planet. However it has the best planet questline of them all. Only Voss comes close. Very few planets do we realy get some background story and learn more of the planet. Most times it´s just the very recent history we get to know. It´s ok but if we only know the recent history and get allmost no background history it gets kinda shallow imo. That´s why i love the Taris planet questline, but i still dont like the planet Taris.

The background story is in KOTOR when you crash land there in an escape pod.

No Taris makes me like bleh ... It just the atmosfeer.

the planet quest are fine infact very enjoyable , the rewards on taris especially the bonus missions , were good .

But sorry the setting feels like fantasy crap or a old sandbox mmo , where you run around totally alone ...

taris is worst then illum , atleast illum you know it is sollitude , taris is meh ...

One of the planets I just skip questing , even if the quests were good .

I'm kind of negative about any of the planets that are faction specific. I like the feeling of being on my toes as I know I'm getting closer to enemy territory (even though I hate being ganked).

Alderaan would be my favorite if it wasn't for the never-ending speeder ride (over 2 minutes in the air). They should cut the quick travel cooldown to 10 minutes for that planet.

Ok, now I can add smth about Taris from imperial side. I just "fly" throu it with my Inquisitor. Most enjoable experience. Routing is much better then on Republick side in my opinion.

But now I have one more toon stucked at Belsavis - this is the planet which I simply cannot visit aspecially after I have done so many daylies at it. Please blow Belsavis to pcs.

B.R.

Leigabar