I hate Qyzen

DomiSotto

Nah, I am keeping my husband of 15 years for a few more decades. :)

My latest deep introspective discussion with Qyzen (after he was agonizing during a Heroic Mission about just having to talk to me in his babble-speak):

Qyzen: I feel it all wrong.

My Sage (summons her healing soul, gritting her teeth): Ate something we’ve killed?

Qyzen: Nah. Tummy’s Okay. Must think.

I feel like BioWARE is entitled to the refund of the 3,300+ XP, I will keep the creds for the damages it done to my tender psyche

EDIT: Forgot to add, that seeing how Qyzen's backstory (if you can call it such) was about striking friendship with an archeologist Yuon, and gradually becoming involved into a dialogue with her, him punishing the player every time s/he expresses curiosity or asking for details is really grating. I guess, he expects you to transcend and be omni-knowledgeable and gets dissappointed....

Edited by DomiSotto

May I add that I think its absolutely rediculous that Qyzen doesnt like trophies for companion gifts? In so many of his chat scenes he talks about the joy of battle or collecting trophies of kills. Yet when I want to give him a trophy he just looks at me like '*** is this?'

Hey I was only looking on the forums when I came across this thread! And I must say Qyzen is like marmite you like him our you get a new pair of cool looking lizered boots :D me if we had a chosch for our first compantion I would rather have Mr Val than Qyzen. Just for 3 reasons

1. he's a force eater... sorry user

2. he's a force healer's best body guard

3. we'll he Khem Val what more you want...... !

p.s : I don't like Qyzen so I just use Treek the ewok to tank/heal

Yeah, my Consular has to recite "There is no emotion, there is Peace" quite often in Qyzen's presence.

IIRC, Qyzen doesn't like someone else's trophies. Which is fine, but can he at least favor Military Gear seeing how he gushes about saving up for hunting expeditions?

Qyzen' one real great use is Archaeology. But I am in a ridiculous situation, where I am level 25, so I can send 3 companions on a mission, and I only have two. I really wish they added a nice, non-offensive heavily armed Mercenary on the Republic Fleet... Apart from the companion-rich Knight, other 3 republic classes may use a touch of alternatives.

Edited by DomiSotto

Aww, it's Okay to like Qyzen :) I am still hoping that we'll get a bit of time SOON, to get on with the story and my Tharan acquisition! We were stuck at the Fleet for a while figuring the crafting/GTN. Edited by DomiSotto

May I add that I think its absolutely rediculous that Qyzen doesnt like trophies for companion gifts? In so many of his chat scenes he talks about the joy of battle or collecting trophies of kills. Yet when I want to give him a trophy he just looks at me like '*** is this?'

I'm not sure if this why Bioware has it that way, but it actually makes some sense from an RP perspective. He's a hunter - he wants trophies of his hunts/kills, not ones someone else gives him (which he took no part in/got no points for/etc.)

Edited by Lesaberisa

Qyzen is actually my prefered first companion on the Republic side. And he had to grow on me.

Corso for the smuggler and Aric for the trooper are so 'meh', and I'm sure a lot of people love the little droid the jedi knights get, but all i remember of him is having him on my jedi when i first started playing, when the game first came out, and i would leap to a mob, and the little **** would grapple hook the mob back to him so I'd have to run back like a fool... Now my friend who plays a jedi now says he doesn't do that any more, but still... It's enough to make a jedi want to give in to the dark side just to crush that smug little canister body of his!

The way i play with my shadow suits qyzen. As a shadow who loves the challenge of battle and has a real black and white view of the dark side... That those who have fallen to far to the dark side have to be killed, kind of like the star wars wiki description of the shadow.

So this leads me to not be entirely light sided in game, but I'm constantly getting affection from qyzen that it makes him easy to like.

I just got tharan who i instantly like for his quirkiness, but playing the way i do, almost every convo choice i make scores me a -1 with him... Ugh. Can't win either way...

Aww, it's Okay to like Qyzen :) I am still hoping that we'll get a bit of time SOON, to get on with the story and my Tharan acquisition! We were stuck at the Fleet for a while figuring the crafting/GTN.

I feel your pain. I hated Qyzen, never used him. Even though I played a healer, I'd rather have Tharan along. At least his voice is soothing, compared to Qyzen's. I'd rather a dozen "Just a scratch" to "snortsnort eez, *******". Seriously, that's what it sounds like to me. Also, compared to the SI's first and tank companion Khem, Qyzen is weak. His personality is not as interesting.

Yay! I've met Tharan. Dunno why the negative comments, he's hilarious, and Holiday even more so.

Predictably, Qyzen managed to sour things. Here stands the one man across the 27 levels of scouring the Galaxy who notices that my avatar is amazingly good-looking (if I say so myself), and what do I get for a bit of levity? AP(-1) from Qyzen all the way, every time I chose to flirt. Qyzen, GET A LIFE!

Edited by DomiSotto

I didn't mind Qyzen too much, but my play style favors Theran so much that he has been my constant companion all the way to lvl 55 since I got him.

Once my hand me downs got good enough, I began running with Nadia. My Nadia is so pretty :)

I hated Qyzens grunting, but all the companions sayings are annoying now :(

I was worried about Tharan being pointless in a fight, but he is an absolute gold for our small group with all the buffs, and heals and restoration spells. Not to mention Holiday dancing. Enables my Sage to move a few steps away from the Knight... Qyzen is now running the Archaeology Department, and I am good with that :cool: I think I am past the hurdle and from here the Consular companions sound like an awesome bunch. Of course, either Tharan or Zenith would have >>>> Iresso as a RI, but hey, I guess they could not have any other ideas for Iresso. At least they didn't pick Qyzen, LOL!

Of course, either Tharan or Zenith would have >>>> Iresso as a RI, but hey, I guess they could not have any other ideas for Iresso. At least they didn't pick Qyzen, LOL!

I always thought Tharan weird, he seems more turned on by pixels on a screen than an actual live woman. That's the impression I get from him anyway. Zenith would probably be right up your ally from the sounds of it but I don't know if he's romance-able. I don't know if you got Iresso yet but he's a good guy, loyal, sensitive ...if you like that sort of thing. I enjoyed him as a 'bro' to my shadow. You'll probably be disappointed if you're hoping he's similar to Zenith.

If you're looking for that bad boy RI, give the inquisior a long look. It sounds like you're looking for someone like Andronikos.

Edited by Ridickilis

I just look for the most entertaining dialogues to be honest, not a particular romance concept (though I am a sucker for a Ranger with a Tragic Past archtype) :) Tharan and Holiday are really funny, and you get to banter with 2 characters at the price of one, and he is pretty recognizable type, so kudos for a good eye for details there, Bio. I also appreciate the joke that the character prefers a set of pixels in his world, while he is a set of pixels in the player world and rejects the fake.... I am probably not putting it well, but I find it amusing.

Inquisitor story is the only one I am planning to x-gender RP so far, because I like Ashara. My Ms. Evil is SW.

Edited by DomiSotto

No I do totally understand that and thought the two of them were funny at first myself. Then, IDK, after a while between that and his kinda whiny 'battle cries' (in combat) it started to grate on me a little. It's not that amusing to me the 1000th time I hear it, like Kailyo still is to me, for instance.

I can see that. Unless you absolutely into the companion, s/he'll grow old eventually. I must say the "They never suspect a scientist" cracks me up still. But, it has a fortunate aspect of being able to cycle through the characters and seeing more content, particularly right after the character joins, because logically, the next planet should be content-rich for the new NPC so player could get familiar.

But I still have to go look for old bones with Qyzen :) And he started coughing up AP. Panicking?

Edited by DomiSotto

• 3 weeks later...

When I first read your post I thought " Hey, you know he is right". After thinking about it for a sec though I realized why. Its a trophy, but not one he earned. Your just giving it to him.

Edit: Kept reading and see someone already posted the same thought.

Edited by Gobgrot

My Rattataki Sage isn't a very good Jedi, though she tries to be. She wants to be a noble healer, but is actually a barely-contained ball of rage who loves hurting things much more than healing them.

She and Qyzen get on like a house on fire, of course. :)

Tharan, meanwhile... Well he's made his choice. He'd rather sit in his room hunched over a speeding fist while his pretend girlfriend dances for him than have a real, living, breathing woman. His loss. He can stay there. Got no use for him. Should start charging him rent, come to think of it...

Edited by PLynkes

• 4 months later...

Greetings,

I just started a Jedi Shadow. So far, I'm very unimpressed with Qyzen. I'd take the dark side points to space him if the option was given. I've played a Sith Sorcerer before, and I love Khem Val. I can't wait to get another companion just so I can sideline the lizard and not have to tolerate him anymore.

The next three Con companions are among my favorites in this game, with one of them being The Companion Of SWTOR :)

By now, I am but a map away from finishing the class story, and Qyzen is that archaeology guy... :) All and all, my Con crew ended up with 2 characters out of 3 that I disliked the most in the game so far, but that's one story I would replay with the same gender and the same choices just because I loved it so much and want to see all the dialogue possible for that v. special companion. :)

Qyzie is ok. I thought the whole Rancor tooth gift thingie was kinda cute. Then I got out kicking butt with Theran and I've forgot all about Qyzie. I feel bad that I've tossed him aside so quickly. But my telekinetic sage is all about breaking faces with rocks, pebbles and whatever else I'm hurling, than healing a tank. Though I want to hurl a rock at him with his -1 when ever I force persuade. Seriously he needs to get over it.

I'm at level 26 now and on Tatooine (a planet that over 2 star wars MMO's I still hate) he may get annoying. I am thinking of getting Treek. But I wonder does Treek make the cute Ewok sounds or can I depend on her to just remain silent and heal me?