Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

NiM EC hit live November 15th 2012.

ACE took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.

34 days later.

Here's a WoW link for all 4.1 prior bosses - Everything prior to Fireland.

As you can clearly see this is the first SWTOR boss that would have a place in our "Boss Hall of Fame." As such I look forward to there being an 8 man boss that takes this kind of time and effort in the future (us 8 mans are feeling neglected here:().

Again, congrats to ACE on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.:D

I am trembling with anticipation for NiM TFB:):):)

Edit: Sorry, put Friendly Fire by mistake in post, it's been corrected.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Friendly Fire took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.

34 days later.

As you can clearly see this is the first SWTOR boss that would have a place in our "Boss Hall of Fame." As such I look forward to there being an 8 man boss that takes this kind of time and effort in the future (us 8 mans are feeling neglected here:().

Again, congrats to Friendly Fire on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.:D

Guild was Ace, not FriendlyFire...

Edited by Donalj

Friendly Fire took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.

34 days later.

Again, congrats to Friendly Fire on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.:D

And honestly, NiM Kephess 16m is in fact overtuned, just like tanks were.

Edited by arkitip

I don't think WoW raiding is all that impressive. I played wow in the beginning, it was harder at the beginning, even then it was significantly easier to raid in that game than everquest was. WoW is the benchmark because that game is so accessible. Overall I think that is a good thing. EQ through the first several expansions anyway was extremely challenging. In WoW a few over-geared players could generally carry the rest of the raid since the content is designed around so few people. WoW did away with 40 man content pretty early on if I remember correctly because they felt it was too much. Contrast that with EQ that had 72, YES SEVENTY TWO! man raids! You think organizing 20 people is difficult...

Since then even EQ has dialed that number back. I would imagine it is more a function of being 14 years old than anything else. I miss the hige raids but I simply font have that type of time anymore we are better off as players but the raids are less epic for sure.

Super congrats to AcE for the accomplishment. I honestly just wish there were more 16m guilds in SWTOR. Most of the best NA 16m guilds coincidentally all play on the same server and it has become very difficult to keep a full 16m raid going. For us, since the death of CKN, we have been trying very hard to rebuild, but unfortunately its quite hard to find enough dedicated people willing to put the time into raiding at such a level.

Again, major hat tip to AcE!

Super congrats to AcE for the accomplishment. I honestly just wish there were more 16m guilds in SWTOR. Most of the best NA 16m guilds coincidentally all play on the same server and it has become very difficult to keep a full 16m raid going. For us, since the death of CKN, we have been trying very hard to rebuild, but unfortunately its quite hard to find enough dedicated people willing to put the time into raiding at such a level.

Again, major hat tip to AcE!

I was wondering why their site was always down, guess they're 1.5KCKN now.

Most of the highest ranked guilds have quit the game. Let's check some of the websites for the world ranked guilds from EC HM, shall we?

Millennium - No longer lists SWTOR on their website

Condemned - Website gone, presumably disbanded

Legacy Of Matukal - On their website, they're back to WoW

The Remnant - Website not updated, presumably disbanded

Nerfed - Website inactive, presumably disbanded

Lethal Dose 50 - Active

Retribution - Back to WoW

Instinct - Back to WoW

Thirteen Thirty Seven - Back to WoW

Ambient - Disbanded

Working as Intended - No news posted for NiM EC on their site

Nightmares Asylum - Website not updated, presumably disbanded

Nostrum Dolus - Active

Might - Back to WoW

Methodical - Mostly back to WoW, some members may still be here

Chosen - Active

Anomaly - Back to WoW

Cali Killed Nox - Disbanded

So considering that most of real PVE HL players are gone...

GG to the guilds which continue to do 16 HM... Because even in these guilds... that's not always an easy thing to find 16 real PVE HL player.

Edited by lmey

Two guilds that still do 16 man that I know of on Jedi Covenant is Eternal Hostility and Dark Eclipse. Both very good guild, but with Hoiidays and a very limited raiding time keeps them both from being one to the top guilds in the game.They are still very active and doing Nightmare 16 man content. There is guild out there but very few that do 16 mans any more. Grats on the kill <Ace>.

If indeed it's not always easy to run in 16 man Nightmare, it is possible. We did it, and we have defeated Warlord Kephess 16 man NiM.

If there is any remarque about PVE HL in SWTOR, go try 16 Man NiM Explosive Conflict and you'll understand that now, there is a high level ; to my opinion much more than in Wow today.

To all guilds whom have stopped activity on this game, it is there choice not ours. And I dont know why we should be compared to them.

This game has a great potential. We all hope it will be exploited at its maximum.

Most of the highest ranked guilds have quit the game. Let's check some of the websites for the world ranked guilds from EC HM, shall we?

Millennium - No longer lists SWTOR on their website

Condemned - Website gone, presumably disbanded

Legacy Of Matukal - On their website, they're back to WoW

The Remnant - Website not updated, presumably disbanded

Nerfed - Website inactive, presumably disbanded

Lethal Dose 50 - Active

Retribution - Back to WoW

Instinct - Back to WoW

Thirteen Thirty Seven - Back to WoW

Ambient - Disbanded

Working as Intended - No news posted for NiM EC on their site

Nightmares Asylum - Website not updated, presumably disbanded

Nostrum Dolus - Active

Might - Back to WoW

Methodical - Mostly back to WoW, some members may still be here

Chosen - Active

Anomaly - Back to WoW

Cali Killed Nox - Disbanded

Memories of Xendor - Still here since pre-launch, 8 active raid groups. 5 of these 8 groups killing every boss in TFB HM and at least the first 3 bosses in NiM EC. About 65 active raiders total...

Edited by DarkhorseForLife

If indeed it's not always easy to run in 16 man Nightmare, it is possible. We did it, and we have defeated Warlord Kephess 16 man NiM.

If there is any remarque about PVE HL in SWTOR, go try 16 Man NiM Explosive Conflict and you'll understand that now, there is a high level ; to my opinion much more than in Wow today.

To all guilds whom have stopped activity on this game, it is there choice not ours. And I dont know why we should be compared to them.

This game has a great potential. We all hope it will be exploited at its maximum.

This is why I'm very jelly that us 8 mans don't get the fun stuff :(

This is why I'm very jelly that us 8 mans don't get the fun stuff :(

Well, definitely 8man mode is not like 16man.

Each mode has its own interest.

But... I believe 16man is much more... exciting, and require more... skill =)

Not to criticize 8man mode of course !

sorry but anytime you can go into a zone on easy mode to learn the fight and then go in afterwards doesnt make it "challenging" nor even all that impressive. this is the problem with story, hard and nightmare mode wow clone end game mechanics. it is designed for all to see but really isn't challenging content when you just learn to stand out of the fire and then kill the droids now too.

the mechanics dont make raiding in this game challenging. what does is the lag, players less skilled than they think they are and the below average ui we have to deal with.

sorry but anytime you can go into a zone on easy mode to learn the fight and then go in afterwards doesnt make it "challenging" nor even all that impressive. this is the problem with story, hard and nightmare mode wow clone end game mechanics. it is designed for all to see but really isn't challenging content when you just learn to stand out of the fire and then kill the droids now too.

the mechanics dont make raiding in this game challenging. what does is the lag, players less skilled than they think they are and the below average ui we have to deal with.

Uh huh, then gather 16 people and go do it.

That's really all that needs said to the naysayers. Go do it then. Don't start with the excuses about why you can't do 16m.

Besides, the mechanics for Kephess NiM are different then they are for Kephess SM/HM. You might think 2 Warriors in each shield for the Trenchgutter phase shouldn't change much, but it did. That's why several guilds still can't clear that phase and the ones who have cleared it then ran solidly into a brick wall of an enrage timer.

lol@honestly blaming lag and UI.

This coming from the guy who thinks the Darth Zash fight is impossible due to lag.

It's a wonderfull thing that human language afford us to talk about things we don't even know.

The mechanics change for most 16 man fights. Even the first boss we did back in 1.0 or 1.1, the Annihilator droid in Sm EV 16 man, had different mechanics than the 8 man counterpart. I highly suggest that you do a 16 man raid and experience the difference before you jump into a thread like this and embarrass yourself.

And I'm fascinated that you think the UI is the reason for challenging raids. Please, please, please try to explain your justification for that asinine statement.

The mechanics change for most 16 man fights. Even the first boss we did back in 1.0 or 1.1, the Annihilator droid in Sm EV 16 man, had different mechanics than the 8 man counterpart. I highly suggest that you do a 16 man raid and experience the difference before you jump into a thread like this and embarrass yourself.

And I'm fascinated that you think the UI is the reason for challenging raids. Please, please, please try to explain your justification for that asinine statement.

There's no bell sound when he gets a debuff, it's too hard to look around and find the right spacing so that you're 5 meters away from everyone, he can't just press a button that automatically targets the mobs he wants to target, etc. You know, not being spoon-fed ways to get around mechanics.

Edited by Dragonbgone

There's no bell sound when he gets a debuff, it's too hard to look around and find the right spacing so that you're 5 meters away from everyone, he can't just press a button that automatically targets the mobs he wants to target, etc. You know, not being spoon-fed ways to get around mechanics.

Ah gotcha. So basically he just wants the UI to tell him how to avoid every mechanic that makes 16 man raids a blast to butt your head against. I'm guessing this guy is a huge fan of the add ons from WoW? You know, the ones that tell you your rotations for you. So glad SW:ToR hasn't gone to that level yet.

Edited by USCG_Davis

I like how Uniz hasn't bothered replying here since he got shot down for being a troll. Still, he's not the only delusional player on these forums. There will always be people who go "PvE? lol faceroll play!" as if they have even half a clue what they're talking about.