Any way to hide the hood that is part of the chest?

Knockerz

Is there any way to hide the hood that is part of the chest armor? The only way I know is to use a hat or head piece that overwrites the hood. What I want is the hood to be gone and for your hair to be shown as if you weren't wearing a hood or head piece. My problem with the hoods the look of your character resembles a completely bald person unlike say Vaylin, which shows hair under her hood.

The Omenbringer headpiece, available cheap on a vendor on the Republic Fleet, is a legacy-bound helm (meaning you can mail it to your Imp characters if you want) and it's just a thin little headband that will overwrite the hood. It leaves your hair unmolested. It still requires you to have a "thing" on your head, but when your options are between "hood you don't want that obscures 90% of your character's head" and "head circlet you don't want that obscures 2% of your character's head," many people choose the circlet. It's the only option aside from just finding a chest that doesn't have a hood.

Is there any way to hide the hood that is part of the chest armor? The only way I know is to use a hat or head piece that overwrites the hood. What I want is the hood to be gone and for your hair to be shown as if you weren't wearing a hood or head piece. My problem with the hoods the look of your character resembles a completely bald person unlike say Vaylin, which shows hair under her hood.

Browse through the TOR-Fashion category for hood-hiding headpieces. Most are helmets, although you might find something you like anyway, and there are a few circlets and similar.

For a Twi'lek? Or Togruta? For them the hood is not displayed.

Er, well.. that's pretty specific and limiting, isn't it? I mean, that's not supposed to be a serious solution is it? :o

Edited by grania

Er, well.. that's pretty specific and limiting, isn't it? I mean, that's not supposed to be a serious solution is it? :o

No of course not :)

There are quite some armor sets that I am not buying just because of this hood problem. But the one you linked I actually bought because I still think it looks awesome and I will probably use a small head circlet to hide it.

But really, they would sell more armor sets if they had the hood hide option.

Edited by Cawyden

No of course not :)

There are quite some armor sets that I am not buying just because of this hood problem. But the one you linked I actually bought because I still think it looks awesome and I will probably use a small head circlet to hide it.

But really, they would sell more armor sets if they had the hood hide option.

Oh phew okay. I mean, I like that set too but I gave up on playing twi'lek a long time ago :pAnd togruta freak me right out, but nm

Look for a headpiece called Tribal Hermit's Headgear. It drops from CXP crates (I think tier 4?) but is common enough that it is usually pretty cheap on the GTN. It puts a little band around your forehead, but rests under all hair styles and only shows where you have a part in your hair or lack of bangs, etc.

It is not legacy bound, but it is inexpensive enough that I use it on several characters, including my sorc to obscure the very hood from the chest piece you were wanting to hide.

Link to photos using this headpiece/chest piece combo:

Front - https://imgur.com/tSM0W9w

Back - https://imgur.com/ldY2ekM

Closeup - https://imgur.com/Xcxdf6M

Hope this helps!

Look for a headpiece called Tribal Hermit's Headgear. It drops from CXP crates (I think tier 4?) but is common enough that it is usually pretty cheap on the GTN. It puts a little band around your forehead, but rests under all hair styles and only shows where you have a part in your hair or lack of bangs, etc.

It is not legacy bound, but it is inexpensive enough that I use it on several characters, including my sorc to obscure the very hood from the chest piece you were wanting to hide.

Link to photos using this headpiece/chest piece combo:

Front - https://imgur.com/tSM0W9w

Back - https://imgur.com/ldY2ekM

Closeup - https://imgur.com/Xcxdf6M

Hope this helps!

Oo she's so pretty :) I have one of those hermit thingies, it's one of the few circlets I like. But it still doesn't work too well on my characters because I don't use the hair that you do. And tiaras feel silly on pretty much every class except inquisitors :o

Imagine drawing your hood up in the real world and poof, suddenly your hair's gone. :rolleyes: Yeah I know, game limitations and all that and Vaylin's probably a unique situation but still, it's a bit silly.

Sometimes that would come in handy, for my "Hermione" days :D

Oo she's so pretty :) I have one of those hermit thingies, it's one of the few circlets I like. But it still doesn't work too well on my characters because I don't use the hair that you do. And tiaras feel silly on pretty much every class except inquisitors :o

Thanks! It might not work on every character, it's definitely personal preference. But it's one of the least intrusive hood-hiding head pieces I've found in the game, and as mentioned I use it on several characters for that purpose.

Good luck finding something that suits you better, and please post it here if you do! Cheers.

As others have already noted.. there are a number of circlets for the headslot that will override the hood on many of the chest pieces.... though I am sure there are some exceptions.

That said.. in reality.... if you select "hide headpiece" then it should not only make any headpiece you wear invisible.. but it should also continue to force the hood on a chestpiece down as well. I really am not sure why they have not yet addressed this after all these years. But unless/until they do.... circlets work pretty well as a player controlled workaround.

Edited by Andryah

Frankly, it's hurting them financially. Why would I buy this?

The truly odd thing in that, is the way the hood is made, it looks like it's made to sit wide enough to accommodate any hair style the player would have, but it doesn't work out like that...it just looks stupid and yeah, why would anyone spend money on that, it looks like crap even on a Rattataki.