MVP choices

TrumpetNut

There was a guy calling me a **** camper yesterday for guarding the only objective point we had that way.

Some people :/

Heck I had a guy calling me camper right after I got done fighting off an attack with him. I'm like, "really? you didn't notice those little pebbles flying by you and hitting him? You didn't notice him getting stunned without you casting it? You didn't notice that huge amount of damage you were not taking because I had a guard on you?" As you say, some people. Needless to say, that guy did not get my MVP vote, but then I probably didn't get his either. :)

in hutt u gain attacker points for killing a guy near their score area as well, so no, ure wrong. mvp - guy who scored/assisted most + was useful whole game, not some vulture waiting for pass behind score lane eot

usually objective score doesnt say too much about who was really playing, seen guy with 10k defender afk 90%of the game, still had like 2 mvp votes with 50dps...i mean really?

Did you even read what you just wrote?

"mvp - guy who scored/assisted most + was useful whole game"

This is the person with "attacker" points, not "objective" points. You are one of the people that I referred to in my post: they don't even know attacker points exist. Because if you knew about them, that's how you find "guy who scored/assisted most" - you get attacker points for passing and scoring. Not sure what was confusing in my post. When someone has 10k "defender" points then yes they didnt do much so dont vote for them. But "attacker" and "defender" are different.

And the tactic you described almost never happens: sitting in the endzone, spawn camping the entire other team. If someone on my team is strong enough to KILL people and STAY in the end zone the whole game, thats pretty much a win right there.

Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"

The real problem with hutball is that it assigns Attack/Def points unevenly. If I run the ball solo from mid to score (which sadly I have done against very bad teams) I get 1000 attacker points. If I pass to a teammate, I get 500. If I am one of 8 people who killed the ball carrier, I get 500 defender points. If I am dumb enough to kill someone by my own endzone, even if the ball is nowhere around, I get 500 def points. Huttball is the only WZ where the losers typically have way more OBJ points than the winners, cause it's way easier to get def points than attack points.

You should get more points for passing, you should get points for catching a pass, you should get WAY more points for scoring, or throwing for a score, and I would like to see the ball carrier actually get like 500 points for every 5-10 seconds he carries the ball. I mean what does a guy have to do to get "attacker - diamond" in Huttball? Throw for all 6 scores, while also passing 3-4 times on the way to the goal?

Edited by criminalheretic

The real problem with hutball is that it assigns Attack/Def points unevenly. If I run the ball solo from mid to score (which sadly I have done against very bad teams) I get 1000 attacker points. If I pass to a teammate, I get 500. If I am one of 8 people who killed the ball carrier, I get 500 defender points. If I am dumb enough to kill someone by my own endzone, even if the ball is nowhere around, I get 500 def points. Huttball is the only WZ where the losers typically have way more OBJ points than the winners, cause it's way easier to get def points than attack points.

You should get more points for passing, you should get points for catching a pass, you should get WAY more points for scoring, or throwing for a score, and I would like to see the ball carrier actually get like 500 points for every 5-10 seconds he carries the ball.

This brings up an interesting idea i had.... post coming. :D

But anyway, in Huttball I vote most OBJ points. Every other WZ I vote healer, cause they're sensitive. Like me killing people is just doing my job, their healing is them doing us a favor. :)

The problem with that is in my thread I just posted. Not to say that it contributes any more or less.... but EVERY Huttball match in rated goes to the team who better controls mid. There are no objective points given for that directly.

Yes the objective points are not distributed very well.

But when you win 4-x, 5-x, or 6-x.....its most likely the same 2-3 people scoring all those goals. They are going to have at least double the attacker points as anyone else. They not only scored but also racked up points via passing on all the failed attempts.

Under 2000 attacker points: Not too involved in scoring

2000-4000 attacker points: You helped, most likely by grabbing and passing neutral balls or maybe a score

4000+ attacker points: You scored goals and are a main contributor to the team offense

So when someone has 6k, 8k, or even 12k attacker points.....there really is no discussion who the MVP is for me.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

The problem with that is in my thread I just posted. Not to say that it contributes any more or less.... but EVERY Huttball match in rated goes to the team who better controls mid. There are no objective points given for that directly.

I agree absolutely, the problem is I don't know who controlled mid, cause in a pug it's never a dedicated person, or group of people (I try to honestly, but 9/10 I usually end up saying "F-this, someone has to be the ball carrier..."). In ranked, well I'm playing with my guild and we are just gonna "vote up" anyway.

I don't vote most objective because it's the best way, I vote because it's the easiest way to assign something that as you said, doesn't mean very much to begin with.

I normally vote for the "exit warzone" tab.... because MVP votes are worthless.

In early Beta, you would get one comm per medal. Then mvp votes meant a lot, because four would be a 50-25% increase. When they changed the amount you obtained and how much things cost, this was never modified. I realize there is not much point to this post, other than that is why mvp is worth 1 pt in comparison to how many you comms you obtain for a win/loss/medal/etc.

I good rule of thumb is to vote for healers. They keep you alive.

Also...they really need to make votes mean more than they do. Like...way more comms/valor or something.

If they make mvp votes mean more, they need to remote all names/classes from the voting screen. In most of the pug matches i'm in, its just a 'vote for my buddy' excercise. If not, idiotss will just abuse the system...

The guy that was bored defending a node with no incoming enemies

The person who did the most objective based things

Tank with >50k protection

Healer with >200k healing

Highest DPS

That's how I vote

Good. Ppl should be like this except with healer right first unless they failed..

I usually queue as a healer, so my votes in order of priority are:

1. The tank that guarded me will get my vote every time.

2. Anyone I notice with exceptional objective gameplay...scores, caps, or defusals, rescues, callouts, etc.

3. If I have the most healing, I usually vote for the next highest healer.

4. The person who solo guarded the node for the entire match.

I never really look at medals, damage, or kills.

If it was a blowout loss, I vote for "Exit Warzone".

I vote for the guy or gal that busted their behind in contributing - either an amazing healer, the guy who defused the bomb at the last second, the stealth who ninja'ed a key node - anyone who turned the game around.

If it's a bad group and we get clobbered, I vote for the LVP.

Objective points are stupid. You can directly be involved in a huttball score and get no points. Everyone at a turret gets 2000 objective points, even if they stood there "attacking things." You can deliver a crucial CC to allow for a bomb plant, and get no points.

I vote for someone who did poorly/got in late and needs extra valor/comms. That's what I do.

Long story short: I MVP the person I felt played the best.

If some Vanguard was a master ball-runner in Huttball? He gets my vote. If a Scoundrel was perma-healing buddies (and possibly me)? Voted. If some Sentinel is always killing the most dangerous opponent? Voted.

Also, MVP votes are not useless; you gain extra Valor, Credits, XP, and Medals for each MVP you get. The game rewards good behavior.