Need help staying geared up

Brod_McInnis

I'm a lvl 39 sith sorc and i have a hard time staying geared up i always find myself undergeared alot. and i'm always broke because i'm buying gear on gtn and the only decent thing i can find is like purple gear and it costs 50k in total and i have no money what so ever to upgrade attacks. I've herd about orange gear? and i have no idea what that is so if anyone can help me it would be great!:rak_02:

I'm a lvl 39 sith sorc and i have a hard time staying geared up i always find myself undergeared alot. and i'm always broke because i'm buying gear on gtn and the only decent thing i can find is like purple gear and it costs 50k in total and i have no money what so ever to upgrade attacks. I've herd about orange gear? and i have no idea what that is so if anyone can help me it would be great!:rak_02:

1. Orange Gear is modable gear which can be found in the Cartel Shop or the GTN or even drops. If you get it from the Cartel Shop it is adaptive- meaning it will adapt to your armor type.

2. Orange Gear will require you to upgrade the armoring, modifications and enhancements. There are 2 ways to do it but since you seem to be a new player I would recommend once you get the gear you want you select plantary comms and get the mods, armorin and enhacement you will need for your armor. For you I would recommend just before leaving the planet or just as soon as you arrive at a new planet.

Orange gear itself is just cosmetic - you can use virtually any armor, from an aspiring warrior to the show-off armor set, and it would still have the same value. Browse the GTN for any looks you might like. Also look in your collections/armor - Cartel Market suits are shown/described there.

The mods for the orange gear can be green, blue and purple. Green mods aren't too good, but they're very cheap and can be bought from a mod vendor on every planet. Purple mods are WAY too expensive and you really don't need them until level 50 - forget about those.

Blue mods are probably what you need. These are bought with planetary commendations you get on the planets and while doing flashpoints, and are crafted via Cybertech. You can start doing one flashpoint every few days(Foundry/Maelstorm Prison is one of the best flashpoints, actually, and it's just for your level), get a daily/weekly quest from Supplies terminal on the fleet, and earn 15-25 commendations each time.

Also, flashpoints will drop/reward you with some orange items with blue mods already inside them.

Just be sure that you're using your main stat(str for knights/sith warriors, for example) only, and not any other stat.

You can buy blue armorings - last time I browsed GTN, those cost about ~6500-7500, so you can afford a few for your head, chest and legs.

Also, I'd recommend that you keep your old blue armorings in your cargo hold - later you'll be able to use them for an alt of the same class(transfer them via legacy gear).

I would recommend changing your blue mods and armorings every six levels. I also hope you're using an orange weapon with blue mods - you can buy blue hilts with comms or cheaply from GTN every 2-4 levels.

You don't really need purple gear for levelling, level appropriate blue gear is plenty. Personally it's probably a bit late in the game to re-choose your crew skills, but if I was not concerned with "orange gear" I would have taken Synthweaving as your crew skill and make your own gear or cybertech if you went with the moddable gear and make your own Armourings and mods.

As it stands though you could try the following:-

1) run level appropriate flashpoints, use groupfinder if you don't know anybody else who will run it and need any willpower gear thats an upgrade.

2) go back to lower level planets and run all the heroics you can, the very early ones you can now solo no problem and pick planetary commendations as your reward and use these on the vendors at the fleet, if you go the orange gear route you will need I think its 96 comms to fully kit you out or you could just choose the blue gear that they sell.

I know that the second option can be quite boring but it is a option (I know I did when I was saving up for Makeb mods for me and my companion) .

Edited by Jedi_riches