Not having anything to spend frags on is very frustrating

StrikePrice

Sure, I am far less active now, but I am not seeing this massive wave of tech frags falling upon my head when I am playing.

How does one run into this problem of having no tech frags? :eek:

***P.S. Maybe BW can make the tech frags no longer bound to players, instead they could sell them on the GTN? I'd say that would be nice, right?

buy the unknown pieces from the chick who sells them for fragments alone.. deconstruct them. Gather legendary embers. Sell. Profit. I have no issue spending my fragments once I got the decos I wanted.

I've tried that and never got embers from them. Is there a trick to it?

Sure, I am far less active now, but I am not seeing this massive wave of tech frags falling upon my head when I am playing.

***P.S. Maybe BW can make the tech frags no longer bound to players, instead they could sell them on the GTN? I'd say that would be nice, right?

First off you're pvping, that's why :D

I aint getting loads either until going for weekly MMFP or some ****. A few weeks from now I'm starting to get capped probably though so if people started playing the expansion from launch and never took breaks it's expected they're capped for a while.

No clue; deconstructing half of inventory of 306 pieces usually nets you a couple embers at least.

Also, OP, do you REALLY want to see some 310 gear which is basically the same as 306 but with a tiny bit more stats and go over rerolling amps again? :eek:

buy the unknown pieces from the chick who sells them for fragments alone.. deconstruct them. Gather legendary embers. Sell. Profit. I have no issue spending my fragments once I got the decos I wanted.

Yeah, that's what I do ... very time consuming. They should just sell Legendary Ember at the vendor available with frags.

Or just ignore them. My frags have been at 10,000 for about a month. (You do stop getting the 'messages' saying you are near or at the max.)

Btw, have you visited the vendors on Ossus (I think) that take frags?

I hate letting them "go to waste" -- my legacy storage is full of set pieces I'll never use lol

Good tip on the vendor at Ossus, but yeah, I just have one of my toons stationed there! I have so many piles of bones, it's sick.

This is the point. I guess they don't want me to play so much. I have 20+ toons that all do conquest ever week. Do the math.

Edited by StrikePrice

Yeah, that's what I do ... very time consuming. They should just sell Legendary Ember at the vendor available with frags.

^THIS! Allow us to buy Legendary Embers with TF...Same amount as gear, 3000 TF. It wouldn't flood the market, but it would drop the stupid high prices & make it more affordable!

This should be the dev team's #1 priority. Not stupid UI elements nobody wants.

lol are you serious bro?

Do people not have alts they gear? I'm with Lhance, this is not a problem to me and I do CQ and pve. I also play more than one char, and perhaps most crucially, I'm not playing this game 24/7.

If it were something like LS/DS tokens, sure. Mine have been maxxed for years and there's nothing new to spend them on, so I just ignore them.

Nice problem to have. 176 toons here, I never max out frags.

This is a good point. It's too grindy to make too many alts on single XP. During double XP, that's what I do. They should sell 100% and 200% exp consumables at the cartel market or let me buy 200% exp consumables with frags. Problem solved.

Edited by StrikePrice

lol are you serious bro?

Yes, making sure the people who play a lot have something to do is critically important. The people who play a lot are most likely to be your avid subscribers. And, I would bet are the ones that spend the most money in the cartel market. I'm telling you, the amount of money I spend on this game, they don't want to lose me to boredom.

Also, OP, do you REALLY want to see some 310 gear which is basically the same as 306 but with a tiny bit more stats and go over rerolling amps again? :eek:

I don't think this needs to be done. Give us some cosmetic stuff, like some of the armors and weapons that were in Galactic Command crates in 5.x, more stronghold decorations (maybe change the decorations that currently cost Cartel Market Certificates to require Tech Fragments instead, since CMC don't drop normally anymore), dyes/color crystals, etc. There's a lot of stuff outside of just new gear they could put on a Tech Fragment vendor that players would be happy with, I think.

I don't think this needs to be done. Give us some cosmetic stuff, like some of the armors and weapons that were in Galactic Command crates in 5.x, more stronghold decorations (maybe change the decorations that currently cost Cartel Market Certificates to require Tech Fragments instead, since CMC don't drop normally anymore), dyes/color crystals, etc. There's a lot of stuff outside of just new gear they could put on a Tech Fragment vendor that players would be happy with, I think.

Yes, exactly, This is not a hard problem to solve.

there is another discussion here about the older sets, another idea would be to make these older set available aagain, but for tech frags, even if they were just empty shells, and not just the command ones, but all the sets going back, maybe on a rotation base, if there would be too many to fit on a vendor?

Yes, making sure the people who play a lot have something to do is critically important. The people who play a lot are most likely to be your avid subscribers. And, I would bet are the ones that spend the most money in the cartel market. I'm telling you, the amount of money I spend on this game, they don't want to lose me to boredom.

Ah, I understand. You spend a lot of money on the game, therefore you think your priorities have more weight than the poors. I was just talking about something along these lines in another thread.

Believe it or not, this sort of thing has come up in the past: whale makes thread demanding x be #1 priority because they are big spenders and therefore just like EA shareholders amirite? Forum argument ensues. 90 pages later, BW still hasn't made a gold post and the whale stops posting. The End.

Ah, I understand. You spend a lot of money on the game, therefore you think your priorities have more weight than the poors. I was just talking about something along these lines in another thread.

Believe it or not, this sort of thing has come up in the past: whale makes thread demanding x be #1 priority because they are big spenders and therefore just like EA shareholders amirite? Forum argument ensues. 90 pages later, BW still hasn't made a gold post and the whale stops posting. The End.

No, you misunderstand. It's got nothing to do with me. Just work through the situation in your mind ...

Game wants to make money->players that play a lot likely to spend $ on game->make those players happy

But, you're poor, so it's not surprising you don't have a good business sense.

there is another discussion here about the older sets, another idea would be to make these older set available aagain, but for tech frags, even if they were just empty shells, and not just the command ones, but all the sets going back, maybe on a rotation base, if there would be too many to fit on a vendor?

Making other that already exist would be a solution too. Most classes have 1 set that's viable or two if there's are different specs. Re-working some of the stupid sets would also give us something to spend frags on.

Edited by StrikePrice

No, you misunderstand. It's got nothing to do with me. Just work through the situation in your mind ...

Game wants to make money->players that play a lot likely to spend $ on game->make those players happy

But, you're poor, so it's not surprising you don't have a good business sense.

Oh please spare us.

Not only you spend lots of money in the game, you're likely to keep on spending while stating you're displeased about the game and, on top of it, buy CM stuff exactly out of boredom.

People playing a lot are rather loyal customers. Devs can abandon them for literal years and still get nice retention from that subgroup. For one blaming others for the lack of the business sense, ironically, you turn a blind eye to that.

Now, a good business with long-term goals won't do just that, but they won't be going out of their way to accommodate someone who is already invested into the product enough to keep them on hook for a good while.

No trick because it’s RNG (random), so there is always a percentage of a chance that you will get an ember.

You could try praying to RNGesus or C3-PO and doing a dance before you deconstruct the items :D

Usually when I get embers it’s from deconstructing about 20x gold 300-306 items at once, but I’ve occasionally got them deconstructing a few at a time.

I don’t do any operations to get embers and I only started to check how many I have the other week when I started to make some augments. Over the course of 6 months I had accumulated 350 embers from deconstructing or random box drops. I’ve also never used my tech frags to buy gear to deconstruct specifically to farm embers because I’ve 55 Alts to gear up. So I never have enough tech frags as it is.

Nice problem to have. 176 toons here, I never max out frags.

I know the feeling.

On a side note, I’m sure you’d agree it would be nice if Bioware increased the number spaces for each legacy cargo hold tab to the same size as the guild ones and at the same time added a few more tabs too.

Yes, I know they gave us an extra tab in 6,0 and added mats storage, but that became redundant due to all end game gear becoming legacy bound.

This is an excellent idea ^^

Pvpers have also suggested making pvp health pack consumables and crystals become available for tech frags, the same as they used to be with pvp comms.

They could have it so you could buy items with credits or tech frags. And that is something they could do with every vendor in the game. Allow tech frags or credits to be used to buy stuff from NPC vendors.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Am I the only one who spends his tech fragments almost exclusively at Kai Zykken's outlet store, trying to complete the achievements for the sets? I still have a long way to go...

I'm not saying this is overly interesting, but it's something you can do with your tech fragments. At least those shells count for the achievements.

Am I the only one who spends his tech fragments almost exclusively at Kai Zykken's outlet store, trying to complete the achievements for the sets? I still have a long way to go...

I'm not saying this is overly interesting, but it's something you can do with your tech fragments. At least those shells count for the achievements.

Nope - I do it too :D

I've geared 30 or so alts, and have 30 or so running in unoptimized Victor sets (they are mostly my CQ slaves), but I might actually gear the rest of them too when I'm done with the set bonus cheevos.

I know the feeling.

On a side note, I’m sure you’d agree it would be nice if Bioware increased the number spaces for each legacy cargo hold tab to the same size as the guild ones and at the same time added a few more tabs too.

Yes, I know they gave us an extra tab in 6,0 and added mats storage, but that became redundant due to all end game gear becoming legacy bound.

I have 7 legacy bays on Star Forge, and at one point they were all brimming with Onderon-class 306 gear drops, then one day I got smart and melted a few tabs' worth. Now I keep just a couple Onderon sets just for when up-and-coming 75's need a quick set of 306 until I can gear them properly.

There are still some things that could save space just by making them stackable.

Edited by xordevoreaux