Pay2Win Space Missions ???

Dirtyshadow

I Care and I was hoping to get back from job and play some new missions but it seams that addionaly to the sub I will need to pay once again to be able to play them or grind for atleast a week. :(

This kind of bevahior will not keep me here for long. I just started to regret for resubing...

I hope they will change their altitude quickly because I would like to play SWTOR and pay sub for it but I'm just loosing motivation.

B.R.

Leigabar

I will send you my copy of Star Fox 64. Do you need a N64?

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The expensive G7 stuff was bad because it is a lot of mindless grind again and again when people are already tired.

The development of space missions was waste of time and money because nobody cares about and plays the space missions.

Now you can buy in Cartel the equipment pack saving mindless grind for content that nobody plays anyway.

"Pay To win! Bloodsuckers!"

Joke's on you.

Luckily the schematics are not in cartel market... yet.

But I agree, they should put some items only, and make the rest grindable. When the prices were announced, I started grind, and had enough comms to buy all the buyable stuff. The rest I got for the coins, as there is really nothing I could spend them on in cartel market (being subscriber)

Besides, what you got as P2W space.... 5 extra BH comms a week. That's like one armoring in two months and also about 200k creds a month (that's a day of dailies). So not that it will change "balance of power".

here is what i would do as a Creditseller.

On my Server a Molecular Stabiliser cost 200k an the GTN (and this is a pretty decent price).

So all the new items made through schematics will cost 1mio just for the materials.

As a goldseller i buy cartelcoins. Enough for 12 Spacemissionitempacks für ~35€ (i am from germany).

Then i sell all the Items at 60% of the Materialprice. and have made ~8-10mio credits with the ~5000cartelcoins.

Then i sell these for ~25-30€ for one million. That makes at least 150-300€ outof my 35€ in 48h.

And as a p2w player i use the credits to buy nearly full dreadtooth armor through mods.

Easiest p2w ever.

There would not be such an impact on the whole ig market if BW would have sold 1mio Credits für 400 Coins.

If these items were for endgame PvE or PvP I would agree, but since space combat is currently just a fail single player minigame that no one plays, I wouldn't classify this as P2W. Now if they ever have a real multiplayer space experience (which I doubt), then yes this becomes P2W.

But I agree, they should put some items only, and make the rest grindable. When the prices were announced, I started grind, and had enough comms to buy all the buyable stuff. The rest I got for the coins, as there is really nothing I could spend them on in cartel market (being subscriber)

Besides, what you got as P2W space.... 5 extra BH comms a week. That's like one armoring in two months and also about 200k creds a month (that's a day of dailies). So not that it will change "balance of power".

P2W is P2W, there's no scale to it.

P2W doesn't suddenly become not P2W because the advantage is small, in fact in most cases of P2W the advantage IS small (mostly because anything bigger and players just up and leave, leaving the game to die).

It's true, the new space missions require the Grade 7 stuff to even do them, and it's an unvelievable grind to get that stuff in game, as people have griped about since the gear was patched in.

So yes, it is pay to win: You Pay, and Bioware Wins.

Edited by Heezdedjim

First of all I hope that all this is just exaggeration. I will come back home test it and the I will see. Will check prices at vendor, I should be able to buy at least 2 new parts.

Primary thou I will test if I can finish those missions without buying anything but If all info from PTS is correct....

I have my Star Fox 64 and N64 but It have one flaw - it have "Fox" instead "Wars".

I will not whine, complain or rage untill I give it a try but It seams that from economical point of view it will be better If I unsub and buy weekly passes from time to time.

Sorry for my previous post but thats happen when You let emotions rule You. Dark Side always waiting :D

B.R.

Leigabar

If these items were for endgame PvE or PvP I would agree, but since space combat is currently just a fail single player minigame that no one plays, I wouldn't classify this as P2W. Now if they ever have a real multiplayer space experience (which I doubt), then yes this becomes P2W.

You buy Cartelcoins für 35$ and get ~8-10mios (on some Server even more) Credits for it.

With this you buy full Dreadguard.

What is p2w then? BW gives you Credits through money. If this isnt p2w then what is?

I don't understand your reply to me. Are you disagreeing with my post or agreeing with it? I was talking about that too if you read the entire thing.

Very simple.. he only agrees about the fact of Spaceship gear being bad and doesn't care about the 'cool looks' of other things. It is the fact that the best statted gear in game for Space Missions, the thing you'd grind Space Missions to achieve, is available through the Cash Shop as well.

This is not Pay 4 Time, which it would be if you could, say, buy the Grade 6 stuff to gear out your ship so you can do the heroics. This is Pay 2 Win because you have the eventual maximum statted reward for the activity already through cash.

That is the major difference for everyone. And really.. most people don't care about the looks stuff or the Life Day things as other posters in other threads do. But this is a problem more people seem to agree on.

You buy Cartelcoins für 35$ and get ~8-10mios (on some Server even more) Credits for it.

With this you buy full Dreadguard.

What is p2w then? BW gives you Credits through money. If this isnt p2w then what is?

Eeeh.. Credits through money is NOT P2W.. it is Gold Selling done by Bioware themselves.

Get your definition of P2W straight please. Credits =/= winning.

I purchased sll 3 sets of new parts for the new space missions and they're so difficult even with them I havent been able to complete one. So they would be very impossble without them.

I have also heard of people who could finish them in only the current Grade 6 stuff, or at most with 1 or 2 Grade 7 things they bought with saved Fleet Comms.

So really, this is just a practice issue for you I think.

Edited by Devlonir

Deffinitely not. I have made an attempt to complete 3 and failed 3 times. To say it shortly: gear gap between Grade 5 artifacts and grade 7 is too big and missions are designed in a way u will get hit eventualy (no chance to dodge at point blank range). All that damage builds up and u will simply get scrapped before mission ends.

From those 3 failures I have already learned what I need and once I'm done with tweaking my two main characters all fleet comms I get will go for gear upgrades I need (9 ships...). This will keep me busy for a while:)

Also if u do not like space combat You don't have to do them. We have other dailies/weekly missions available.

P.S. Like in RL air fight, superior tech wins.

I purchased sll 3 sets of new parts for the new space missions and they're so difficult even with them I havent been able to complete one. So they would be very impossble without them.

I have nearly completed one mission with my old grade 5 artifacts (no ECM, no EM pulse). You need more practice:)

Edited by Cirinia

I have also heard of people who could finish them in only the current Grade 6 stuff, or at most with 1 or 2 Grade 7 things they bought with saved Fleet Comms.

So really, this is just a practice issue for you I think.

Well yes, I got the best gear prior to the new stuff on my spaceship and I can't do the most difficult spacemissions. But I have several friends who can do them with much worse gear on their ships, I've seen them do it when over for dinner and such things. I'm just not good enough at keeping my ship moving around during flying. So yeah, having the best gear is no guarantee that you will be able to make the missions.

Well yes, I got the best gear prior to the new stuff on my spaceship and I can't do the most difficult spacemissions. But I have several friends who can do them with much worse gear on their ships, I've seen them do it when over for dinner and such things. I'm just not good enough at keeping my ship moving around during flying. So yeah, having the best gear is no guarantee that you will be able to make the missions.

There are some people that have done all the space mission (up to the new ones) will out any mods (apparently - I've not actually seen video evidence just claims).

Unfortunately people BOTing can pretty much replicate this feat too. :(:mad:

This is bs, even with the cartel items these space missions are no fun and are way too hard. With grade 6 items the normal missions were a breeze for me, but this is just crap and bad design, if you are not a twitch acrobat with the reflexes of a 14 year old then you are **** out of luck, thanks for nothing Bioware.

Schematics are not in cartel market cause they are solded already crafted. Actually it's worse... You can have all defensive items for 400 cartel points. Are you seriously gonna give 4 stabilizers; 2 matrix etc, for only one object?

EAware just crossed the red line. You can't even farm old space missions to get enough distinctions, they deleted the quests! FP = Forced to pay.

Edited by Kesphin

Eeeh.. Credits through money is NOT P2W.. it is Gold Selling done by Bioware themselves.

Get your definition of P2W straight please. Credits =/= winning.

In a game where you can buy EVERY endgame-gear with credits it actually is. Because i buy the best of everything through money.

That is PAY (money) 2 (to) Win (can do everything in the game).

That is in fact the exact definition.

Straight enough?

To be fair, the in-game credit value of the Grade 7 upgrades will go through the floor in no time as people buy with CC and dump on the GTN, hoping to make "millions." They'll still be worth something, but simple economics dictates that the credit price will fall until it's roughly on par with the ratio you can get for cashing out any alternative item available through the CM, such as cartel packs. The price on cartel packs, for instance, was quite high at first, but has fallen to the point where they're either worse or on par with anything else you can sell.

This does mean that the Grade 7 stuff will never, ever get crafted, since it's idiotic to waste exotic mats on an item that is going to wind up selling for 1/4 to 1/3 of what it costs to make it.

So if you plan to get rich on these things and buy your full DG set, better do it quick before everyone else gets the same idea. Eventually, of course, the ease of converting CC -> credits is only going to cause the credit price to rise on everything that is only available in that currency.

If they were really smart, they would take a page from the EVE playbook and put an item in the Cartel Market that grants you one month of paid subscription for around 2,200 CC, where the item can be freely sold and traded. That would just cut out all the middle trash and allow players with lots of money and little time to turn $ directly into credits, and players with lots of time and no allowance to turn credits into subscribed play time.

When players have a legit means of importing real life money to game money, the gold seller market goes bye bye overnight, and it provides a nice symbiotic way for players who have complementary excesses to trade off with each other. It also allows BW to pocket all the money that would otherwise be diverted to the gold scammer market, and that can only help the game.

Edited by Heezdedjim

The subscription was set to renew on December 24th. Patch 1.6 and this move just made sure it won't. No, I won't play the gutted F2P version. I'll just save my money and my time, now. Sure, I'll keep an eye on the game and see where they continue to go with the Cartel Market, but at this juncture . . . no, I'm done. :(

In a game where you can buy EVERY endgame-gear with credits it actually is. Because i buy the best of everything through money.

That is PAY (money) 2 (to) Win (can do everything in the game).

That is in fact the exact definition.

Straight enough?

Yep, this is correct.

The day they let you RE endgame gear was the day this game went pay to win, no grind at all needed.

With this space junk, you still gotta grind like a monkey.

The subscription was set to renew on December 24th. Patch 1.6 and this move just made sure it won't. No, I won't play the gutted F2P version. I'll just save my money and my time, now. Sure, I'll keep an eye on the game and see where they continue to go with the Cartel Market, but at this juncture . . . no, I'm done. :(

I'll do the same thing.

This game deserves to die asap.

Edited by terzappi