My Name is Solomon Crae

iamthehoyden

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad I was able to read all of this without breaks, I've loved Crae from the get go, I was fully prepared for the tragic ending, I've loved his character growth, him discovering his humanity. I just want to roll around in this story and sigh happily!

So well done Hoyden!! I must say I'm curious to see a Crae whose first reaction is NOT to tranquilize the people he loves.

How do I brain? words.

can't.

DELICIOUS. <3

:D I'm so glad you've liked it!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee warm fuzzy feels!!

Warm fuzzies for all!!

I'm so glad I was able to read all of this without breaks, I've loved Crae from the get go, I was fully prepared for the tragic ending, I've loved his character growth, him discovering his humanity. I just want to roll around in this story and sigh happily!

So well done Hoyden!! I must say I'm curious to see a Crae whose first reaction is NOT to tranquilize the people he loves.

Thank you so much!! I love character development, so I'm glad his came across. I'm sure you'll see him again. I have the epilogue almost finished up and a few ideas for him and Skari as they go along. He and Skari are too much fun to just let sit :)

*turns oxygen up further and further until it reaches 100%*

*explodes*

*a small pile of warm ash gradually reassembles itself*

That blew me away :eek:

Awesome :D

Thank you guys (and everyone who's been reading silently). I'm so glad my scribblings have been enjoyed :)

Epilogue

Skari sighed and looked at the clock. How long did it take to get ready for a picnic? This wasn't a coordinated assault on a fortified position, it was f**king sandwiches and cookies.

The rest of the crew was supposed to meet them there half an hour ago. Torian was flying in from his training. Rumors were that another Great Hunt would be called soon, and all his time lately had been spent getting ready. She shook her head. Her prep, back in the day, had involved taking as many jobs as possible to scrape together the funds to get to Hutta. Gault, Mako, and her gun-running fox of a fiance were taking some time away from their smuggling operation to come. And they were all going to be waiting while her freak of a husband "scouted around".

She groaned at the sound of screaming children. The twins had been dressed for hours and were passing toys back and forth - sometimes even voluntarily. Skari pulled them apart again, so tired of their antics she didn't even bother to tell them to stop hitting each other. They needed activity, space to run and get dirty, and if Crae didn't get his a** back pretty damn quick he was the one who was going to get to deal with his crabby offspring for the next few days while she ran away. She groaned as the contents of the twins' bag spilled out over the floor, the victim of Jawa curiosity.

"Blizz, please put the stuff back in the pack, I just got it pulled together. Fionnai, shut off that console. The market will be there when we get back."

Blizz cocked his head to the side but quickly repacked the bag, tucking in a few extra somethings. The rose-skinned twi'lek sighed, flipping her tiger-striped lekku back over her shoulder, but shut the console off.

"I just wanted to check what terenthium was going for. Stuff's dead easy to find and sells really well these days," the teenager said, tossing a stuffed rancor across the room.

Malek and Londaria darted towards it, Malek snatching the prize a second before his sister. Londaria started screaming. Skari picked up her daughter and started wondering if tranq guns were really such a bad thing. The door slid open, and Crae walked into the chaos, fresh air coming with him.

Skari scowled at him as he kissed her on the cheek, "You've been gone for hours. What were you doing?"

"Securing the area."

She glared at him as she put the squirming toddler back down on the ground, "And what, exactly, does that mean?"

He shrugged. "The Black Sun operation that was at that abandoned mining facility five miles up the mountain is gone. I cleared out the two-legged predator that has been stalking the local village, and the four-legged predators in a three mile radius are dead."

Skari blinked. Londaria toddled over and grasped her dad's legs. He grinned and swooped her up, kissing her on the cheek, making her giggle. Skari took a breath and silently thanked the stars, not for the first time, that he was on their side.

"Ok, grab the basket, and let's go," she said. Skari raised an eyebrow at her husband, "We're late and your wife is about to destroy something if she doesn't leave this building."

He grinned at her, his golden eyes twinkling. "But the way you destroy things is so cute."

"Shut up, Crae."

Solomon Crae laughed as he picked up the container with his free hand and led his family out into the sun.

Edited by iamthehoyden

Skari raised an eyebrow at her husband, "We're late and your wife is about to destroy something if she doesn't leave this building."

He grinned at her, his golden eyes twinkling. "But the way you destroy things is so cute."

"Shut up, Crae."

That is ridiculously adorable. :D

Fantastic turn from the story section we saw in the SFC thread. Love it!

• 2 weeks later...
I finally finished :D

Darn life was getting in the way of my reading but...

I LOVED IT ALL! :D And the happiness and the... just... :D :D :D :D I grinned all night. I do love a happy ending :D (not that anyone would suspect that :rolleyes:).

That's all I have to say. :o

Yay!! I'm so glad you liked it!! :D

Oh my god!!! This was AMAZING! Life was annoying and not letting me read anything for a while, and I missed most of this. Stupid life! Since when am I busy-even to busy to read or write?!?!?!? Writers block + no outline help with the writing though. Anyway I loved it. I will be coming back to read all the snippets. :D

I missed the epilogue! But now I found it, and I'm happy :tran_grin:

Woot!!! I'm glad you found it :D

Oh my god!!! This was AMAZING! Life was annoying and not letting me read anything for a while, and I missed most of this. Stupid life! Since when am I busy-even to busy to read or write?!?!?!? Writers block + no outline help with the writing though. Anyway I loved it. I will be coming back to read all the snippets. :D

Yay!!! :D:o:D

Oh, wow. Just...wow. What a 360 from what I expected- and a sweet warm fuzzy 360, too. Incredible. Thank you so much for the big goofy grin I'm wearing; really needed the happy, even if that epilogue kind of blew my mind for the night (in the very best way, though) <3 this ad infinitum and can't wait for snippets and side stories galore :D

Oh, wow. Just...wow. What a 360 from what I expected- and a sweet warm fuzzy 360, too. Incredible. Thank you so much for the big goofy grin I'm wearing; really needed the happy, even if that epilogue kind of blew my mind for the night (in the very best way, though) <3 this ad infinitum and can't wait for snippets and side stories galore :D

Big goofy grins are the very best kind of grin :D Glad you liked it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...