Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

Alright. Last argumentative post. Countering Aurbere. I'll keep this as brief as possible.

Last one for me too. Great debating with you, Canino! :)

Regarding ambushes, I have a question. Where do your hologrpahic maps get their data from? My guess, considering GPS's would be from another location. Which means, the jammers placed in the stealth transports would scramble them enough to get a jump on your forces.

I'm not sure. I'm assuming the AT-ST scans the environment because it is called a targeting system.

But you don't get jammers on the ground right away, so it doesn't matter where the info comes from, does it? :p

You also talk of ground disturbances. I'm sure that will be covered by sandstorms, winds, and other unpredictable things. We need to rmeber that sandstorms are completely unpredictable, and instantaneous. It can be 100% clear one second, and have no visibility the next. I even quoted one officer warning troops of them in a post.

And fifteen minutes is all my forces need.

Yes, sandstorms can come up, but that only limits the effectiveness of your own forces as well. And we've seen how droids deal with sandstorms. That is to say: not good. Attacking during a sandstorm is a terrible idea for your army.

Concerning pheromones, you bring up Leia. Well, she resisted after being a servant for a little. And While Aayla may have resisted, Quinlan did not. And other agents killing? I doubt it. Sith are the ultimate power for your agents. If she says let him talk, they wouldn't dare shoot. And by then, they are all servants.

But, again, she has no reason to talk to him. He is literally nothing to her. He isn't Obi-Wan Kenobi or Anakin Skywalker. He isn't a Jedi. He is (to her) just some guy Dooku told her to kill. I made the comparison to Sora Bulq and Oppo Rancisis and I will do it again. If she opts to talk to him, she will do so after her blade is in his back.

As for taking over the Trade Federation, remember that Black Sun will be embedded into it from the beginning. Guri and agents are more than capable of taking over. And staying in power? Put bounties on other higher ups who oppose the new rule, and then use the ol' ambition of others to cement the new Black Sun power. A good demonstration of Guri's abilities would work as well.

And as a final note, Xizor's guards and assassins would be the very best in the underworld. They would not be affiliated with Black Sun (this is how Black Sun has always operated) and would have perfect streaks for high profile missions. They would be more than capable of killing force users, and would be masters of assassination/stealth/body guarding. This also applies to pilots. Black Sun did have "aces".

How will they be embedded in it right away? I have not seen anything to indicate Black Sun held sway over the Trade Federation.

I'm hoping you are referring to Sith Warriors when you say that those assassins can kill Force users. Because if you are implying that they can take out Dooku or Ventress, I will shake my head at you and give you a judgmental stare.

They can't beat Dooku or Ventress. My Dooku posts should prove that sufficiently.

Anyway, I'm hoping we can end this here. Good debating with you, Canino.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I had to. Don't hate me.

Last one for me too. Great debating with you, Canino! :)

But, again, she has no reason to talk to him. He is literally nothing to her. He isn't Obi-Wan Kenobi or Anakin Skywalker. He isn't a Jedi. He is (to her) just some guy Dooku told her to kill. I made the comparison to Sora Bulq and Oppo Rancisis and I will do it again. If she opts to talk to him, she will do so after her blade is in his back.

No he isn't. You must realize that. He isn't just some guy. He is the third most powerful man in the galaxy, the leader of the second most powerful organization in the galaxy, and a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure she will have words. AT the very least, he is someone who caused the deaths of countless solider under her. Either way, Xizor will talk, and that's all that needs to be done. I'm confident the assassins/guards/droids in the palace would keep him more than safe.

As for Oppo and Sora, you must remember that Sora knew Oppo. They had been friends, colleges working together. He killed him from behind, likely, as he couldn't do it from the front. So he wouldn't talk.

How will they be embedded in it right away? I have not seen anything to indicate Black Sun held sway over the Trade Federation.

I'm hoping you are referring to Sith Warriors when you say that those assassins can kill Force users. Because if you are implying that they can take out Dooku or Ventress, I will shake my head at you and give you a judgmental stare.

They can't beat Dooku or Ventress. My Dooku posts should prove that sufficiently.

Anyway, I'm hoping we can end this here. Good debating with you, Canino.

Black Sun held agents in every single organization in the galaxy, except the Bothan Spynet. That would include the Federation. When people say Black Sun was embedded in the galaxy, they are kiding. Literally, every single organiztaion has Black Sun agents, affiliates, or acquaintances.

And yes, Sith Warriors. Although they could target Dooku ;)

Hehe :p

I guess it isn't the end. Well, I'm just going to clear up a few things, not really try to debate.

Even if they aren't victorious, the CIC is more than capable of this. As the battle goes on longer, the CIC only gets more powerful and larger.

But the Cipher agents, will fail. They are good, but Xizor has dealt with assassins before. He is a crime lord after all. I mean, he fought with Vader on a daily basis. These agents are nothing Xizor hasn't fought, or worked with.

By Cipher Agents I was referring to the Agents infiltrating Hypori, who I believe will be more than capable of succeeding in.

Except that we see him do this more times than not. He does it with Ventress in TCW multiple times. He does it with Anakin and Kenobi, as well. And considering those are both people he knows, I can see him being more likely to do this, as he knows Durge.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If someone attacks him, he attacks back. He isn't going to just stand around. He doesn't just rely on guards, we see this several times throughout the Clone Wars. I'll give examples if asked for.

Not incompetent, but outmatched. Dooku could/would easily win his battle. But the base goes down, and he would die. He is a human, after all. And the Fist forces would either be weakened by their defeat, outnumbered as they are attacking Xizor, or weakened by the elements. And you have to admit, Dooku would not be able to do anything to survive this, or anticipate it.

Oh and Aurbere, I'm not going to even talk about your second post. I have issues with it, but I'm hoping it is largely ignored. On a side not, you have waaaaaaayyy to much time on your hands :p

Sure, if the base is blown up with him in it, he dies. He's a fleshy human. He's not Durge. But that, again, requires the CIC having everything go in its favor.

I don't have that much time. I wrote my Dooku stuff throughout the debate and I'm on a two-week break from school (ending Monday).

Alright, officially done. And I'm pretty sure I lost. Oh well, I didn't expect to win anyway, if anyone remembers. I decided last minute to even make a faction. So, good debate Aurbere. It was extremely fun, and quite the challenge. I hope I win, but I'll be happy if you do. But you know I'll support Silenceo if you go against each other :p.

On a side note, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted from today, and this week in general. Very hectic, very busy, very long. And next week is looking to be the same :(

OK, I had to. Don't hate me.

It's a perpetual cycle! :eek:

No he isn't. You must realize that. He isn't just some guy. He is the third most powerful man in the galaxy, the leader of the second most powerful organization in the galaxy, and a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure she will have words. AT the very least, he is someone who caused the deaths of countless solider under her. Either way, Xizor will talk, and that's all that needs to be done. I'm confident the assassins/guards/droids in the palace would keep him more than safe.

As for Oppo and Sora, you must remember that Sora knew Oppo. They had been friends, colleges working together. He killed him from behind, likely, as he couldn't do it from the front. So he wouldn't talk.

He is to her, though. She doesn't know him, she doesn't care about him. Dooku told her to kill him, so she kills him. She doesn't know who Xizor is, she has no relationship with him, she has no reason to gloat or taunt or anything of the sort.

There is zero reason for her to stop to chat.

Black Sun held agents in every single organization in the galaxy, except the Bothan Spynet. That would include the Federation. When people say Black Sun was embedded in the galaxy, they are kiding. Literally, every single organiztaion has Black Sun agents, affiliates, or acquaintances.

And yes, Sith Warriors. Although they could target Dooku ;)

I wish it was more concrete. I mean, there's a source saying that the Sith Empire's Intelligence operated on nearly every world in the galaxy. I could easily say that there are agents sitting in the CCNs factories waiting for orders, but I don't. I have them on Geonosis because there is documentation of them operating on Geonosis. So I would rather something more concrete be used. If you could at least show me the source for their influence in this context, I might let it go.

They could try, but they would fail.

Alright, officially done. And I'm pretty sure I lost. Oh well, I didn't expect to win anyway, if anyone remembers. I decided last minute to even make a faction. So, good debate Aurbere. It was extremely fun, and quite the challenge. I hope I win, but I'll be happy if you do. But you know I'll support Silenceo if you go against each other :p.

On a side note, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted from today, and this week in general. Very hectic, very busy, very long. And next week is looking to be the same :(

You made this a really good debate. I'm not entirely sure who won, but I'm of the belief that the Fist of the Empire will be the winner.

I knew you'd support Silenceo in that event.

Well, I can relate to that feeling.

No offence but I'd leave the counter arguments.

Beni didn't respond to any of it, so either Aurbere's won by enough that it doesnt make a difference, or he didn't get enough points to take the lead.

Post your final arguments sure, but I'd leave the counters IMO.

Side Note: Anyone remember the Planet/Chapter in the TFU Novel where there's the quote about Galen's power increasing with each mission?

Well I was just hoping to bring the debate to a close. :p

However I do believe we've covered enough to call this.

Just some last minutes quotes provided by Wolf before his departure that I never ended up posting. You can read his entire post on comic vine if you want, but I'll just use select quotes.

"Black Sun maintains thousands of agents and spies within the Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, planetary and local governments large and small, other criminal organizations and law enforcement agencies."

- Taken from Rebellion Era sourcebook

"The organizations is involved in every illegal activity in the galaxy be it gambling, gunrunning, smuggling, political corruption, assassination, bribery or spice running, from the Corporate Sector to the Outer Rim."

- Taken from Rebellion Era sourcebook

"Black Sun operates primarily in busy, cosmopolitan areas where a large number of people are available to be exploited. Whereas the Hutt crime families spend most of their time on remote, Outer Rim worlds, most Black Sun agents focus their efforts on planets that have both a high population and high crime rate.

This strategy makes it easier for Black Sun agents to blend in with other criminals, thus avoiding drawing attention to the syndicate and also provides a breeding ground for potential organization members."

- Taken from TFU Campaign Guide

"Black Sun operates in a variety of crime fields. Each Vigo(high ranking member) typically specializes in a particular crime or vice. Example one Vigo might specialize in extortion and thus would be in charge of a massive protection ring on Coruscant. Another might be a former assassin and be in charge of the syndicate's band of galaxy roaming professional killers.

Black Sun agents deal in everything from confidence scams, gambling rings, and extortion rackets to high level thievery, corporate espionage and terrorism. For the right price, Black Sun is willing and able to do perform any task outside the law."

"Black Sun is highly capable and equally ruthless. Crossing a Black Sun agent is a good way to ensure misfortune will come your way. Crossing a high ranking operative usually earns the offender a one way ticket to a block of carbonite at the bottom of a Mon Calamari ocean. Black Sun is also willing to take out its own members when they displease the Vigos or Underlord. Many well known criminals have been found dead as a result of infighting between members of the Black Sun syndicate."

"Pike Sisters, this deadly and beautiful duo are prime examples of the kind of operatives Xizor hires, well trained, among the best in their field and with no ties whatsoever to the Black Sun. The Epicanthix twins Zan and Zu Pike are professional fighters in the remote Pacanth Reach, a small cluster of stars in the Outer Rim Territories.

The sisters are masters of the Bunduki martial art Teras Kasi since they were young quickly raising through the ranks of the other Teras Kasi students, receiving many honors from their teachers."

- Taken from Shadows of the Empire sourcebook

"Anyone who says the Hutts are the leading example of crime have never heard of the Black Sun. Black Sun differs from the Hutt criminal syndicate chiefly in that, not being a sovereign state, it operates covertly and does so with the tacit approval of the Emperor. Black Sun deals in information much like the Bothan Spynet, but Black Sun acquires it in a much more aggressive and ruthless fashion.

Through blackmail, coercion, intimidation and sometimes assassination, Black Sun learns what others would rather keep secret, then uses those very same techniques to turn information into credits."

- Taken from Hero's Guide

"What Imperial Intelligence cannot discover for itself, Prince Xizor's operatives often can garner with ease. Because Black Sun frequently gathers information, it has informants not only within the Rebel Alliance, but also the Corporate Sector, Hutt space and even the Unknown Regions."

"Like the Bothan Spynet, Black Sun conducts its business in secret. Its members might be well known but they lead double lives and their real agenda is only known to the Black Sun."

"No one has ever managed to 'resgin' from the Black Sun. Membership is for life and leaving the Black Sun especially following some sort of transgression is an effectively a request for execution. Some members have tried to run and hide, only to discover Black Sun agents can find and kill nearly anyone, nearly anywhere."

And Wolf's own words, "What Imperial Intelligence cannot find, they go to the Black Sun. Take note folks, the Galactic Empire's Imperial Intel network is galaxy spanning and they themselves are able to gather a ton of information, utilizing their own highly trained agents and high technology.

Yet even they sometimes go to the Black Sun when they cannot gather the information.

The only other organization that the Black Sun hasn't infiltrated is the Bothan Spynet, it's only real competition in terms of galactic intelligence. Which again...that's not a low showing."

I wish I had quotes about Imperial Intelligence (Sith Empire) as readily available as that. Oh well, neat quotes, Canino.

Thank you. But really, thank Wolf. He PM'ed me, but I only just remembered the quotes until now. Although I would hate for you to have more quotes, it would be nice to know more about the SI.

Edited by Canino

Thank you. But really, thank Wolf. He PM'ed me, but I only just remembered the quotes until now. Although I would hate for you to have more quotes, it would be nice to know more about the SI.

Well, I think Wolf's sub ran out so I'll say thanks and hope he's reading.

Beni has the SWTORE, so he could post those quotes. I think Rayla has it too, and I think she posted some quotes earlier. It's really unfortunate that there isn't that much information on them. I could always go back through the IA story to see if I can find anything else.

I think its best if we hold on the arguments folks, went a little overboard towards the end didn't we? :p

Anyway, I am working on the scenario as we speak, unfortunately I lost most of it yesterday so I had to start from scratch, and admittedly with the added story element its becoming a bit of a project. But good practice!

But yeah, still on target for today. I'll call this Kaggath if its the last thing I do!

I think its best if we hold on the arguments folks, went a little overboard towards the end didn't we? :p

Anyway, I am working on the scenario as we speak, unfortunately I lost most of it yesterday so I had to start from scratch, and admittedly with the added story element its becoming a bit of a project. But good practice!

But yeah, still on target for today. I'll call this Kaggath if its the last thing I do!

This is made for a different MMO, but I feel this little 5 second portion of the video is relevant.

Yeah, we went overboard. Overkill is never overrated though. :D

Eagerly awaiting the verdict.

Sorry folks I was meaning to call the Kaggath and post the new one yesterday but due to my set back I was unable to finish the scenario in time, duty called and I had to go to bed. :o But don't worry, its basically finished now, I'll definitely for sure be able to post it today! Probably around the usual time i.e. late afternoon/early evening (BST).

Sorry folks I was meaning to call the Kaggath and post the new one yesterday but due to my set back I was unable to finish the scenario in time, duty called and I had to go to bed. :o But don't worry, its basically finished now, I'll definitely for sure be able to post it today! Probably around the usual time i.e. late afternoon/early evening (BST).

I can understand that. Don't worry, we'll be waiting patiently for the result.

Alright folks without further ado, the results.

The scenario:

“Your highness, a transmission for you.” It was Xizor’s majordomo. Taking another smoke of his tabac pipe Xizor lazily inclined his head.

“From whom?”

“Count Dooku, my lord.”

Xizor scowled. “Dooku? How did he get hold of this frequency?”

But before his servant could reply Xizor raised a slender hand. “It is of no consequence.” Then he clapped them firmly and cast the throne room into silence.

“Leave us.”

The courtroom cleared until only Xizor and his majordomo remained. And, after tapping a button on the edge of his chair, a life size image of the infamous count flickered into view before him.

“Count Dooku.” He drawled. “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

A wry smile. “I assume you haven’t heard the news, Prince Xizor. Your fleet has been routed. They have fled Tatooine with their tails between their legs.”

“You lie.”

“It’s the truth.” His grin widened. “In fact, we even managed to capture one of your commanders.” He beckoned towards someone out of picture and moments later a disheveled figure was tossed into view. Dooku raised a hand, and with it the pirate captain was lifted off his feet by an invisible stranglehold.

“You see.”

The captain was a mess, but his identity was undeniable. Xizor’s eyes flashed with rage.

“Tatooine is now under blockade by the Fist, Prince. Lay down your weapons and we can settle this like gentleman, you must realise that without reinforcements nor supplies you cannot win.”

Xizor allowed his rage to cool. Relaxing back into his throne he lifted his pipe to his lips and inhaled, then puffed rings of smoke towards Dooku’s holoprojected face.

“A generous offer Count. But the Confederacy of Independent Criminals is not intimidated by your blockade. I reject your offer.”

“I expected as much.” Dooku replied. “But you are making a mistake Xizor, we could have settled this like civilised people, like gentlemen. But instead more lives must be wasted. A pity. The outcome will be the same. But you will soon come to realise this error in judgement.”

“And you Count, will come to realise that to contend with Xizor, is to lose.”

But Dooku merely laughed. “A bold claim!” And then the transmission cut out.

In the wake of his loss of space Xizor rallies his forces on the ground in preparation for the Fist’s assault. Reinforcing the already trap laden dune sea he dispatches AT-AP’s to man the mesas and places cloaked transports ready in waiting to ambush and intercept. Meanwhile he prepares an elite task force under the leadership of his lieutenants, Durge and Urai Fen, to assault the Fist directly using the secret tunnels leading from Jabba’s Palace to the city of Mos Eisley. Having already established contact with the underworld populace Xizor begins using them as a means of access to the city, and begins to lay the foundations for the assault.

However, Xizor is not alone in his machinations…

“People of Tatooine.” Dooku began, his speech broadcasted across the entire planet. “War has come to your world, a war brought on by the lowest element. This so called “confederacy” of criminals seeks to claim this world for their own, and so plunge it into lawlessness and corruption. We, the Fist of the Empire, have come to restore order and justice, and put an end to this threat. But regretfully, in these dangerous and uncertain times, we cannot ensure your safety. Therefore for exactly one cycle we shall be lifting the planetary blockade, anyone who wishes to leave the planet may do so during this period. We strongly recommend you take this opportunity, for it will not be long before the Fist of the Empire crushes this underworld insurgence underfoot, and we cannot ensure your safety.”

The transmission ended, and for a moment Xizor pondered the speech. His slender, taloned fingers clacking softly on the armrest of his throne.

“A most impressive speech, Count.”

And it was, it was obvious to Prince Xizor that Dooku had little interest in the safety on the populace. No this speech was not directed at them, it was directed at the underworld. Flee now our feel the wrath of the mighty Fist. Dooku had made the first move.

And Dooku’s actions prove most effective, within a day a flood of smugglers, pirates and slavers flee the planet with the rest of the population, with only the brave and the stupid remaining. And as soon as the cease fire comes to an end Dooku makes good on his promise, death squads are dispatched across Mos Eisely and beyond, and with the aid of Imperial intelligence begin a systematic elimination of underworld cells. Meanwhile Dooku dispatches his armies to Jabba’s Palace under the command of General Veers, with orders to obliterate Xizor and his followers.

However Veer’s forces are met with unexpected resistance, unaware of the capabilities of the enemy Veers is caught off guard as they are flanked by cloaked transports, as Trident drill craft burrow out the ground and throw their ranks into disarray, and as hordes of deadly battle droids begin slaughtering their infantry.

Already pinned down by mesa mounted AT-APs, Veers is forced to pull his forces back and establish a defensive perimeter. Putting himself in contact with Count Dooku and Imperial Intelligence he begins relaying them information on the enemy’s forces, and in return they supply him with the weaknesses of his opponents and the means of exploiting them. With this valuable intel in hand Veers strikes back, using his AT-STs holographic maps to pinpoint and intercept the stealth transports as they uncloak, flushing the Confederacy’s forces into the open and forcing them to use more conventional tactics. And in such an arena Veers begins to gain the upper hand, but not without taking heavy causalities, forcing him to proceed with caution.

However both players know that the battle in the sand dunes is but a piece on the dejarik board, and as these pawns lock horns Xizor and Dooku move more important pieces into play…

“Viceroy! Viceroy!”

“What is it?” Gunray snapped as his flustered aide, Rune Haako, burst into his office.

“We’re under attack, sir! The Black Sun are here!”

Gunray’s swollen eyes grew a little bigger.

“The Black Sun? But Dooku promised us we’d be safe!”

“It would appear he was mistaken.”

“Have they breached the citadel?” A violent tremor shook the building.

“If not, they have now.” Haako gloomily replied.

Gunray growled. “Then let’s get out of here! Guards!”

A pair of bronze clad Neimodians sprang into action and they rushed out of his office en-route for Gunray’s personal hangar.

The attack on Cato Neimodia has begun, pouring in from across the Black Sun’s Coreward territories, the attack on the Trade Federation comes quickly and without warning, and under Guri’s leadership they quickly breach the citadel. Slipping beneath the deflector shields and obliterating its turbolaser defences with a fleet of nimble fighters, before swarming the citadel through every point of entry. Meanwhile Guri and a group of handpicked assassins and droids cut through the chaos and begin to blaze a trail towards the Viceroy.

“Move it! Faster!” Gunray barked at the Neimodians lugging piles of precious objects into his personal craft, the Lapiz Cutter.

“We should never have taken that detour to the vaults, sir.” Haako muttered in his usual monotone.

“No. These objects are priceless, I will not allow them to fall into the hands of filthy criminals!”

“Viceroy, sir!” A guard interrupted.

“What is it now?”

“We’ve lost communication with our rear guard sir, the last we heard they were engaging Xizor’s personal assassin!”

“Guri? I told you we shouldn't have taken that detour…”

“Enough! Seal off the hangar!”

“That won’t be enough, sir.”

“I want Droidekas up here at once!"

“We will not survive this.”

The Droidekas prove no match, and Guri quickly reduces them to scrap metal. The hangar doors soon follow, and before Gunray can escape Guri corners and captures him and his entourage. The mission to take over the Trade Federation is successful. However Xizor knows he can’t possible hold them forever, and instead orders Guri to do as much damages as possible. She complies, bank accounts are emptied, shares are sold, workers and lain off, and before Guri flees Neimodia she personally executes Gunray and the rest of the Trade Federation leadership. As a result the Trade Federation are forced to temporarily withdraw financial and resource backing while they recover from this mortal blow.

On top of that, Xizor begins to mobilise his remaining naval forces. Using his web of agents and sources of intel to harrow the Black Sun’s supply lines. Leaving the Fist unable to mount an effective counterattack lest they leave Tatooine exposed. And as a result supplies begin to dwindle, and the Fist’s forces begin to feel the effects of Tatooine’s harsh climate, turning the tide of the battle in the Confederacy’s favour.

However, Dooku is determined that it shall not last. Making contact with Imperial Intelligence he orders then to strike back against Black Sun, beginning a war of intelligence, counter-intelligence and infiltration, and Imperial Intelligence are partially successful in preventing the Confederacy’s attacks. But Dooku has far bigger plans in mind. And Project Infection is put into motion.

Dispatching a reconnaissance squad to Hypori, Imperial Intelligence manages to attain the information they need to infiltrate, combining this with their limited knowledge of the Colicoids they develop custom-built anti-detection devices and send their best agents in to complete the job. But not before providing a distraction, as the agents move in undetected Dooku launches an assault on the Colicoid’s base directly. The assault fails, but with the Colicoids distracted Imperial agents successfully infiltrate the factory, and implant a devastating virus into it’s the factory code.

Meanwhile on Tatooine. Veer’s offensive is dealt a heavy blow as, flagging under a lack of supplies, the Confederacy manage to successfully walk an Annihilator into a trap and destroy it. And with their most powerful weapon eliminated from the field and his men suffering from exhaustion and running low on ammunition, Veers is forced to retreat, setting up a defensive perimeter around Mos Eisley as the Confederacy advances. And with his enemy on the back foot Xizor seizes the opportunity to launch his surprise assault, mobilising his reserve forces Xizor launches a second attack through the underground tunnels as the city is lain to siege.

Attacked from the inside and out, the Fist is pushed to its limits and forced to mobilise all available forces. With their remaining troops they managed to hold the line, but Dooku knows full well they can’t hold out forever, and begins putting other plans into motion…

“You summoned me, master.” Ventress, robed in a deep purple cloak, knelt before her master. The Count looked out over Mos Eisley, ablaze, the sounds of battle billowed upward with the smoke.

“The Confederacy has us pinned down, child. This is something we cannot allow.”

“What must I do, master?”

“You must put an end to this. The Confederacy managed to slip past our defences using a secret tunnel, a tunnel that leads straight to Jabba’s Palace. Our intelligence has uncovered this passage, and you shall use it to reach Xizor and eliminate him.”

“The tunnel may be heavily guarded…” she began.

“It is possible.”

“And Xizor will be expecting an attempt on his life.”

“More than likely.”

Ventress smiled. “I will not fail.”

The doors slid shut behind his apprentice, and as they do a light on his desk begins to flash, he presses the button and a holographic projection of Rycus Kilran flickers into view.

“My lord, the enemy fleet has engaged our forces as expected. And were allowed to deliver reinforcements to the surface.”

“Very good, Kilran. The end of this conflict is rapidly approaching.”

And so as the battle for Mos Eisley continues Ventress departs for Xizor, equipped with a stealth belt from Imperial Intelligence and as well as a complete layout of Jabba’s Palace. And already covert agents have been implanted within the palace walls, ready and waiting to assist Ventress in her assassination of Xizor. Meanwhile the tide of the conflict begin to turn, with their supplies replenished, and now with a host of illegal technology at their disposal the Confederacy begins to overwhelm the enemy. But not before Dooku springs his trap, without warning the droid reinforcements turn on their allies, sowing mass chaos throughout their ranks, and the Fist begins to rapidly push back.

“Your highness,” Xizor’s majordomo interrupted, drawing his attention away from the Twi’lek dancers. “We’ve lost all communication with our forces at Mos Eisley.”

Xizor rested his head on finger and thumb. “This is most disturbing. They must be jamming us, but Dooku rarely does anything without –”

Xizor didn’t finish his sentence, as the hum of a lightsaber cutting through metal caught his attention. All eyes turned to the stairwell leading from the throne room as a robed figured glided out of the shadows. A pair of Cortosis droids attempted to stop her, but with a pair of elegant strikes she sliced them both in half. The throne room erupted in panic as terrified guests retreated into the darkened edges of the chamber.

Xizor snarled. “Where are my Droidekas!” he snapped.

“Oh those?” Ventress replied, lifting her hood and letting her cloak slip to the floor. “I’m afraid they’ve been shut down.”

Xizor snarled again, this time flashing his whitened teeth. But then his face relaxed into a smile.

“You think you have me corned, don’t you?”

“It would appear that way to me.” She said, raising her blade to him.

Xizor smiled again and clicked his fingers. And on command half a dozen commando droids sprung and rolled from behind his throne and leapt towards her. The first rushed her with a vibroblade but she deftly avoided the attack and sliced it in two, then deflected and redirected a pair of blaster bolts back at another pair. Before leaping forward to finish off the rest. But as the final droid fell her danger sense flared as something detached itself from the shadows and come at her. She had not sensed it approach and before she could realise the identity of her attacker one lightsaber had been kicked in her grasp and her remaining hand caught in an iron grip.

She growled as she came face to face with Xizor’s personal assassin, Guri. Guri squeezed and Ventress’ second blade fell from her hand. A trial of hand to hand combat ensued, Guri moved fast and hit harder. But she was no match for Ventress, with a sharp kick to the chin the human replica droid was sent staggering to the floor.

But not before Xizor had her right where he wanted.

With a flick of a button the floor opened up beneath her and she was sent plummeting downward, landing in a roll she quickly got to her fleet and looked upward. Xizor was looking down at her with a smile, with Guri hands on hips at his side.

But Ventress was not intimidated. “What now, Prince? Are you going to set your pet rancor on me?”

Xizor’s smile didn’t fade. “Not quite, my dear.” He clicked his fingers again and four tiny pylons emerged out of the ground around her. A brief thrum, and then a flash of white light, then all went to black.

“Your plan worked perfectly, Prince Xizor.” Guri remarked as the pair admired their new trophy. Ventress had been chained to the wall of his throne room, and remained unconscious.

“Of course it did. Nobody gets the best of Xizor.”

“Indeed!”

The expression on Xizor’s face was a mixture of horror and disbelief and he span about to stare at the source of the voice.

“Dooku!”

The Count rose from where he’d been sitting in the corner of the room and lifted his hood, stepping into the light. The other guests around him staggering back in fear.

“But how?”

Dooku smiled. “It was a simple task, Prince. After all, my apprentice managed it with little difficulty. Although I never expected her to succeed, she was merely a distraction, to allow me the opportunity to deal with you personally. And now that the arena has been swept of traps, there is nothing stopping be from destroying you.”

Without a word Guri drew her pistols and open fired, unleashing twin jets of rapid fire at the Count. He responded with almost impossible speed, igniting his lightsaber and deflecting every bolt before reaching out with a hand and blasting Guri with white lightning, launching her smoking form against a wall. She did not get up.

Xizor took a step back. But did not attempt to flee.

“You fool, Dooku.” He bellowed. “Did you truly believe killing me would be so simple? You have made a grave mistake coming here, Count. Prepare to meet your end!”

Xizor stretched a hand to the armrest of his throne and keyed in a command into the control pad. Moments later a grating metallic sound filled the chamber as a large metal door behind Xizor trundled open. Inside it was dark, but with a sharp thrum something whirred into life, a blood red orb lit up the blackness and one by one glittering bronze pincers emerged from the shadows. The throne room erupted into panic as the Annihilator droid entered the chamber, and all but Dooku and Xizor made a dash for the exit.

“Behold, Count Dooku. A gift from the Colicoids.” Xizor bellowed as the massive machine towered behind him. “I believe you are familiar.”

“More than you know, Xizor.”

“What do you mean?”

“See for yourself, your droid has a new master.”

Xizor turned around as the droid took another step, towards him.

*HOSTILE PRESENCE DECTECTED*

Xizor cried out, as the droid turned its cannons on the Prince.

“Your droid has been hacked, Xizor. We allowed you to believe our fleet ill-prepared, we allowed reinforcements to slip through the blockade. All for this moment.”

“No, this can’t be!”

*TARGET AQUIRED, AWAITING ORDERS*

“Destroy him!”

“No, I will not lose!”

The droid open fired, and the chamber became awash with fire, smoke and the stench of charred flesh.

The Ascending Empire is victorious.